Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A couple of questions

AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
           So I have been playing Diablo 2 and it is a blast. This has made me look really hard at path of exile, but I have a few questions. Is the cash shop over priced? I see they sale bag space and animations I am not opposed to spending around 15 dollars a month but I don’t want to be gouged. My second question is there going to be a wipe I know this is beta still, but I don’t want to buy stuff if I am not going to get to keep it. My last question is it fun to play? Thanks for any info.

Comments

• anthony21690anthony21690 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Originally posted by Abimor
               So I have been playing Diablo 2 and it is a blast. This has made me look really hard at path of exile, but I have a few questions. Is the cash shop over priced? I see they sale bag space and animations I am not opposed to spending around 15 dollars a month but I don’t want to be gouged. My second question is there going to be a wipe I know this is beta still, but I don’t want to buy stuff if I am not going to get to keep it. My last question is it fun to play? Thanks for any info.

1) From what I've seen the cash shop is not overpriced at all, you can spend your 15 a month comfortably for cosmetics and such.

2)  There are no more wipes don't worry.  Just skill tree resets. (which are always nice as well)

3)  Yes this game is amazingly fun1

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 576

Path of Exile is the closest feeling to D2 that exists currently. It is a blast especially for min-maxxers and build junkies. It give freedom in a way that no other AARPG, including D2, has given. Now onto your specific questions:

• Cash Shop: Let me stress this, in no way do you "need" to buy anything. This game is the absolute best implementation of a free to play/microtransaction game. About 99% of the stuff in the cash shop is purely cosmetic. These include pets, alternate skins to helm, and alternate animations to existing skills. The one and only real thing to consider buying from them, if you like the game, is the extra stash tabs. You do run out of room quickly, if you play multiple characters, as stash is account shared. That being said never have I played a free game truly felt "free" until this game. I gave them $100 just to support them but in no way was it needed, though the extra tabs helped since I am a build junkie. Grinding Gear Games really defined the way a microtransaction shop should be, give us money to support us if you want to, but we won't force you by nickel and diming pieces of the game.

• Wipes: No more wipes ever. There are passive skill tree resets when a big build comes, like the one this week. That being said, it doesn't wipe your character just resets the points which you can allocate again. They will not ever wipe characters again. The game will go full release at the end of the year.

The game is fun man if you like ARPG's. They have 3 acts currently with 3 difficulties. The 3rd act they are adding a second half to in a few months and then plan to take the beta tag off by years end. You have nothing to lose by downloading it and trying it. The game is one of the only truly free games out there. You have access to 100% everything. Give it a shot.
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    Thanks for the info guys I will be downloading this after I finish Diablo 2
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

Really the only reason to use the cash shop is to support the game and developers.  There is nothing you really need in there to play.  

I started playing when the game first went live or open beta or whatever they are calling it these days and kept getting disconnected.  I found the combat clunky and slow.  Maybe this has been fixed at this point.  I haven't played in awhile now. 

But to answer your question, this game has one of the least intrusive cash shops you will find in any game.  In fact, I thought there is no way this game was going to make money because there is no reason to use the cash shop outside of just supporting the game.

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    Originally posted by flizzer

Really the only reason to use the cash shop is to support the game and developers.  There is nothing you really need in there to play.  

I started playing when the game first went live or open beta or whatever they are calling it these days and kept getting disconnected.  I found the combat clunky and slow.  Maybe this has been fixed at this point.  I haven't played in awhile now. 

But to answer your question, this game has one of the least intrusive cash shops you will find in any game.  In fact, I thought there is no way this game was going to make money because there is no reason to use the cash shop outside of just supporting the game.

Well like i said in my original post i am willing to spend 15 dollars a month it is nice to hear that the cash shop is geared the way it is.