Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BUG: Text selection unreliable

AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

It seems like around the time spellchecker was added, text selection became a huge hassle with this editor.  I'll drag-select a chunk of text I want to delete and about a second later it will change the selection I've made.

Happens with keyboard selection too.  Like sometimes when I SHIFT+CTRL+LEFTARROW a bunch of times to select words, it will spontaneously change where the start of the selection is.

Makes the editor feel pretty unreliable and erratic.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Axehilt

It seems like around the time spellchecker was added, text selection became a huge hassle with this editor.  I'll drag-select a chunk of text I want to delete and about a second later it will change the selection I've made.

Happens with keyboard selection too.  Like sometimes when I SHIFT+CTRL+LEFTARROW a bunch of times to select words, it will spontaneously change where the start of the selection is.

Makes the editor feel pretty unreliable and erratic.

I feel better now that I know others are having this problem and that it's not just my browser or mouse flaking out on me. :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Bumping, as this still occurs in every post I make.

Is there a workaround, like maybe a way to opt out of the spellchecker loading into the editor (if that's the cause)?

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Forwarding this along now.