Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All aboard the HATE wagon, choo choo.

moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Many of you have already seen this on steam.  Though I didn't have half the problems that they had, I only had to deal with the black screen, which was easily circumvented by using windowed mode, granted I still had to close my game with task manager every time it happened.

Maybe it's just the trend of developers these days to not care about first impressions, that coupled with the audacity to sell characters for $20.00. What was that old ending from monkey island? From what I understand "end-game" is literally dailies, so that might have pissed a few people off. 

However I wouldn't say it's as much of a money grab as Never Winter was, or at least I haven't found any form of content that is designed around the cash shop.

Inb4 Oh it's just RPS. Consider that it's on the front page of one of the highest digital sales platforms available.

As for my input, well I'm only level 25 on my storm, and is all I have atm is that the game is about as optimized as Dead Island was at launch.

Comments

• Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207

I don't mind the game. In fact, I have fun with it. Granted, it's not a true MMO to me. More of a CO-OP game, like the recent console Marvel games. As of right now, I have a level 8 Thing and an unlocked Daredevil. I have no plans on spending any money on it though.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Storman1977

I don't mind the game. In fact, I have fun with it. Granted, it's not a true MMO to me. More of a CO-OP game, like the recent console Marvel games. As of right now, I have a level 8 Thing and an unlocked Daredevil. I have no plans on spending any money on it though.

Ditto. In fact, i prefer ARPGs to MMOs, so this is all good.

My DD is only L6 though .. playing it slow.

Actually what recent console marvel games are you talking about? The closest is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 .. which is many years ago.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    I,m having a bit of fun..only played 6 hrs o the game but nevertheless its enjoyable in small spurts.dont know why people feel the need to rubbish a game like that..but each to their own.i personally have not had any problems playing..one thing I do dislike is having to open a map up again on an area you have already partly done.
  • knightfall98knightfall98 Member UncommonPosts: 64

I suspect that the prices are so high to due to

1. popularity and

2. marvel getting a piece of the action

chances are marvel is see about 60-70% of that revenue and in order for the company to turn a profit mark it up so high, its simply supply and demand  the more popular characters will cost the most since everyone is buying them up. when guardians of the galaxy drops rocket raccoons price will probably spike as well assuming he doesn't drift in the annoying/hated characters category. I believe they will have sells on the characters eventually but not for a few months they are trying to maximize the profit. You could do what most of us are doing and simply take your chances, equip rare-drop boosts and hope for the best or admit defeat and buy the character you want. I don't hat this game and I don't believe its anywhere nears as bad as never winter is with its cash grab, with like 5 different currency's and 6$ for a respect seems a bit much and don't get me started on there astral diamonds its almost poetic that there AH has been exploited several times. I don't see gazillon making the same mistake since you can only buy points with cash and I don't recall an auction house, just keep in mind they are in bed with marvel/disney.

anyone know of a skill calculator being up somewhere ?
    Originally posted by kevjards
    I,m having a bit of fun..only played 6 hrs o the game but nevertheless its enjoyable in small spurts.dont know why people feel the need to rubbish a game like that..but each to their own.i personally have not had any problems playing..one thing I do dislike is having to open a map up again on an area you have already partly done.

I agree the fog of war things gets annoying especially in ares they don't make sense like the avengers tower, if the are's isn't randomly generated I don't see why I need to reveal the fog of war every time I log in, maybe when I start over with anew character but every day is a bit of a nuisance.

• StashrideStashride Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by knightfall98

I haven't seen one yet, but over on the official forums, many people have posted guides for the best build for many characters.  That way, you don't waste a lot of points on crap that isn't worth it.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Its not a bad game if you took the time to investigate and make an informed decision.  I got to play in beta, I found a hero I liked, I bought the starter pack with that hero for $20.  The got bonus cash for ordering early and I used it for bank space so for my $20 I got what I need to play and have fun with a bit extra in the bank for a new costume later if I feel the need.  I dont plan to buy any other characters.  I am just having fun playing the guy I have and working though the story.  When I am done, I will have easily gotten my $20 worth.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• DarkogieDarkogie Member Posts: 81
    Originally posted by knightfall98

http://marvelbase.com/