Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: PS3 and XB360 Versions Coming September 3rd

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard Entertainment has announced that Diablo III will be released for both the XBox 360 and the PlayStation 3 on September 3, 2013. Players preordering the game will receive an in-game helm and other bonuses dependent on the outlet from which it is ordered.

The console versions of Diablo III have been custom-tailored for gamepad-driven action, with a dynamic camera perspective that puts your hero front and center, as well as an all-new user interface and an intuitive control system that make vanquishing evil feel like second nature. Players can take on the vile denizens of the Burning Hells alone or in a party of up to four via same-screen local cooperative play or online over PlayStation® Network or the Xbox Live® online entertainment network from Microsoft. In addition, the game supports parties composed of both local and online players. Once gamers experience the rush of Diablo III’s unique brand of hack-and-slash gameplay from the comfort of their couch, Sanctuary will never be the same.

Find out more about Diablo III.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Wooh the less gimped D3 version is coming with no AH to help drag it down woot!

Still really doesn't change the fact though that its a lack luster game in terms of its mechanics and all that and depth, something that Dungeon Crawlers typically try focus on giving more to an otherwise repetitive and thoughtless kill fest.

Ah well, just seems more so this upsets those who do like D3 more then anything, but I guess it could still be fun for some people.

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    gl another fail like  pc
  • adis5005adis5005 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Xbox 360? Is that a fake? They only planned it for PS3 and 4?
    Edit.
    Right "Please note that as the Xbox 360 version of Diablo III was announced today," Nvm, it was just announced.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I might actually buy D3 now.

Always looked/felt like more of a console game to me.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    I have a strong feeling D3 Xpac will remove the AH... As I do now get to understand the new D3 director is the one who was given the job of the console versions..
  • IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Still really doesn't change the fact though that its a lack luster game in terms of its mechanics and all that and depth, something that Dungeon Crawlers typically try focus on giving more to an otherwise repetitive and thoughtless kill fest.

A dungeon crawl is simply where a game lets you navigate a hero through environments like a dungeon to kill and collect treasure. That's what Diablo III does well, but, if you aren't into dungeon crawls then you will get bored and stop playing before maxing out a character in the game.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Wooh the less gimped D3 version is coming with no AH to help drag it down woot!

Ah well, just seems more so this upsets those who do like D3 more then anything, but I guess it could still be fun for some people.

Thanks for your thoughts. You effectively dismissed the entire genre. You probably hate PoE, TL2, etc as well...

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

So they finally revealed their self.This game was designed from the beggining for consoles.

judging from the console ui they gave to the game.

Good luck those spending money on this im currently playing marvel heroes and it feels more like diablo than the actual diablo 3.

Seems like brevik knows better

• ComputerJuiceComputerJuice Member UncommonPosts: 25
    in the immortal words of one Porky Pig:   buh-b-bi-bu-big deal...?
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by RelGn

So they finally revealed their self.This game was designed from the beggining for consoles.

judging from the console ui they gave to the game.

Good luck those spending money on this im currently playing marvel heroes and it feels more like diablo than the actual diablo 3.

Seems like brevik knows better

LOL MH isn't even in the same league. Glad you're having fun with it tho.

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    I really hope this game fails to bring in the numbers they want. Blizzard needs a big wake up call.
  • crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173

Despite all the hate(mostly because of overblown expectations), D3 is doing fine and evolved into a great game, especially for casual players.

Hardcore players are still haunted by shallow itemization and AH painfully shows that - this is the biggest issue that won't be resolved until expansion. But as said above, this doesn't mean anything if you just want to enjoy killing monsters and don't care about what kind of gear other people have.

I'd never buy console version as lack of AH makes it stripped of one of things I really enjoy in MMO games - trading. Blizzard AH despite all the blame is exactly same, like in any other MMO out there, some love using them, others hate.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    Not sure it's a good idea to release this game for console especially sicne we all knows the new one's (ps4 and xbox one) are due out by the end of the year.
  • Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537
    Originally posted by Kaynos1972
    Not sure it's a good idea to release this game for console especially sicne we all knows the new one's (ps4 and xbox one) are due out by the end of the year.

It's a dead game anyway pal, let 'em milk it :P

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.