Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why no news from Trion?

SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

we have heard almost nothing since announcing they had pub rights.

i think its hurting the future popularity of this game by not giving us bits of info here and there.

let us know what ya got planned Trion

Comments

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Wait until E3 next week, then if we still haven't heard anything.. well... your voice will just be one of the many clamoring!!  :)
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605

Trion has two booths listed for E3....I would assume one is for AA, if not then yes its time for "QQ'ing"

I do agree I have no clue why Trion would wait to release any info at all, I just hope they have been working on it!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

There are 15 people from Trion going to E3. There will be a ton of information coming out very soon.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • Black-MagicBlack-Magic Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Krimzin

There are 15 people from Trion going to E3. There will be a ton of information coming out very soon.

I hope you are right man because information is very hard to find on this game!!!

• lionhopperslionhoppers Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Yeah I'd love some more info too! Looking forward to this game!
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Xl games is also bringing over a team to E3 to help Trion with media interviews and showing the game off to fans!

http://board.archeage.com/community/askboards/231136?page=1&uuidCharacterName=&sortType=NEW&tagOffset=-1&firstPage=true&myArticle=false&multiTagSearch=false

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I mentioned this a while back,i think we are nearing 3 months since they got the licensing rights and still nothing.

I of course can be wrong,i might very well be ,however my gut from day 1 told me Trion took this game to get a piece of the competition instead of competing against it.By securing the rights they made sure a different publisher did not get their hands on it and market it over top of their Rift and Defiance.

We saw how quickly SOE took to marketing Dragon prophets and it is just another cheap f2p game.Point is i was skeptical of Trion from day1 and so far everything is showing me ,i was right.

I know every single developer is going to be misleading and only out there to make a buck off of us but i believe in morals and certain standards.I think Jake Song made a very poor decision or perhaps he just didn't have any other options,i really don't know.

To be honest,does anyone really think Trion has any reps that actually know enough about the game to be a good rep at some E3 booth?I would garner a bet that they do not have a single employee who played any Korean Beta.So if they have any reputable people at E3,i would think they need to be from XLgames.

The first question i would ask them at the convention would be how did the decide on licensing this game.Like did anyone play it or did they just go on a whim and if they had actual hands on knowledge and why they took on this game,is that person at the booth representing the game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I mentioned this a while back,i think we are nearing 3 months since they got the licensing rights and still nothing.

I of course can be wrong,i might very well be ,however my gut from day 1 told me Trion took this game to get a piece of the competition instead of competing against it.By securing the rights they made sure a different publisher did not get their hands on it and market it over top of their Rift and Defiance.

We saw how quickly SOE took to marketing Dragon prophets and it is just another cheap f2p game.Point is i was skeptical of Trion from day1 and so far everything is showing me ,i was right.

I know every single developer is going to be misleading and only out there to make a buck off of us but i believe in morals and certain standards.I think Jake Song made a very poor decision or perhaps he just didn't have any other options,i really don't know.

To be honest,does anyone really think Trion has any reps that actually know enough about the game to be a good rep at some E3 booth?I would garner a bet that they do not have a single employee who played any Korean Beta.So if they have any reputable people at E3,i would think they need to be from XLgames.

The first question i would ask them at the convention would be how did the decide on licensing this game.Like did anyone play it or did they just go on a whim and if they had actual hands on knowledge and why they took on this game,is that person at the booth representing the game.

I figured Trion was the highest bidder.  but I may not know how that works.

also when is E3?

Originally posted by muffins89
    Originally posted by Wizardry I mentioned this a while back,i think we are nearing 3 months since they got the licensing rights and still nothing. I of course can be wrong,i might very well be ,however my gut from day 1 told me Trion took this game to get a piece of the competition instead of competing against it.By securing the rights they made sure a different publisher did not get their hands on it and market it over top of their Rift and Defiance. We saw how quickly SOE took to marketing Dragon prophets and it is just another cheap f2p game.Point is i was skeptical of Trion from day1 and so far everything is showing me ,i was right. I know every single developer is going to be misleading and only out there to make a buck off of us but i believe in morals and certain standards.I think Jake Song made a very poor decision or perhaps he just didn't have any other options,i really don't know. To be honest,does anyone really think Trion has any reps that actually know enough about the game to be a good rep at some E3 booth?I would garner a bet that they do not have a single employee who played any Korean Beta.So if they have any reputable people at E3,i would think they need to be from XLgames. The first question i would ask them at the convention would be how did the decide on licensing this game.Like did anyone play it or did they just go on a whim and if they had actual hands on knowledge and why they took on this game,is that person at the booth representing the game.
    I figured Trion was the highest bidder.  but I may not know how that works.

also when is E3?

E3 is from June 11-13, 2013

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

It was mentioned that Trion is bringing AA to E3 (Show Dates: June 11 - 13, 2013). Expect AA site to be more lively after E3 finished.

Cheers.

Originally posted by Wizardry

I just want to to point out that when it was announced that Trion would be the publisher, Trion had and still have employees playing the Korean Version of the game. In fact, "Elrar" (Trion's community manager) plays Kr-ArcheAge and knows more about the game than most players do.

They even sent a team over to Korea and vice versa, so both are working together on this project to bring it over here to the West.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

If Trion published news we'd have people crying about them overhyping a traditional korean MMO grinder with lorebreaking cars that will soon follow the TORtanic.

When they don't publish news it simply means they are not doing anything with AA because if something is not on the internet it obviously does not exist.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• CruizerkeCruizerke Member UncommonPosts: 68

Trion is doing something, or looking to do something with AA. On the 29th I got an email from them that contained a survey asking things about AA. Going by some of the questions on the survey, they're still trying to decide what to focus on the most. That's the feeling I got from it anyways.

Edit: After looking at the email again, at the end it states that the survey ends on June 7th and they will be taking the results to E3.

I also noticed that the 2 links they provided in my email, one was English and one was German. So German survey = Trion handling AA in Europe too?

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Must admit that when i saw the car in a sword and magic game i had coffe comming out of my nose.
    Big mistake i think, now i will only play it when its free to play and no other game catch my interest.

Cars in fantasy games.....Dont Do It

Originally posted by cruiserlck
    Trion is doing something, or looking to do something with AA. On the 29th I got an email from them that contained a survey asking things about AA. Going by some of the questions on the survey, they're still trying to decide what to focus on the most. That's the feeling I got from it anyways.Edit: After looking at the email again, at the end it states that the survey ends on June 7th and they will be taking the results to E3.I also noticed that the 2 links they provided in my email, one was English and one was German. So German survey = Trion handling AA in Europe too?

Yes Trion is handling AA in both here in Na and in Europe.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

They will just be translating the game.. if you want to see the game there are many videos available from players in korea..

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    I could give two shits about cars and magic in this game as long as they do not make it free to play having a cash shop in this game players build the economy and items kills the immersion and sink this title faster than the Titanic

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• lionhopperslionhoppers Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I don't really mind the cars, I think the game is supposed to have a more steampunk feel to it, isn't it .. cars, jetpacks ect?
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    As others have said, E3 is next week and ArcheAge is the main game on display this year from Trion.  I'm betting we'll have plenty to share after that.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

Yup I am confident that Trion are saving all the goodies for E3. I mean it would make little sense for them to release all their info before E3 and then have nothing exciting to share AT E3 itself . Personally I cannot wait. !

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Must admit that when i saw the car in a sword and magic game i had coffe comming out of my nose.
    Big mistake i think, now i will only play it when its free to play and no other game catch my interest.

Cars in fantasy games.....Dont Do It

I had the same exact reaction and i have been following this game before it was even listed here.  The disco's should have been a heads up for me, and the bikini clad women at the beach, but i felt some real heartbreak when i saw the F'n car..

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• chigger.biteschigger.bites Member Posts: 1

IMO, there are no rules to what can and can't be in a fantasy game.  By definition, fantasy doesn't mean wizards and warriors.  By tradition, most folks think it does.  I personally could take or leave the steampunk-ish cars.... but their introduction won't diminish my interest in the game.

Steampunk has been making it's way into fantasy for a while now.  There's quite a bit of anime that's combined steampunk with more traditional swords and magic.  We've seen 'engineer' professions/classes popping up in MMORPGs for quite some time as well ... with WoW bringing it into mainstream.  The engineer class/profession oozes with steampunk origins, yet plays along side warriors and mages in games like Warhammer Online and Guild Wars 2.

I don't see the introduction of the car to AA any different than the introduction of the engineer to other games.  I will admit that the artwork for the car needs more work to give it a better fit.  They've already established a certain steampunk feel with some of the siege engines and gliders.  The car looks too streamlined compared to them.  They need to make the car fit with their existing steampunk styles.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by Kumapon

Xl games is also bringing over a team to E3 to help Trion with media interviews and showing the game off to fans!

http://board.archeage.com/community/askboards/231136?page=1&uuidCharacterName=&sortType=NEW&tagOffset=-1&firstPage=true&myArticle=false&multiTagSearch=false

Awesome, thanks for the info.

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395
    this thread has been up for ...a week? would have thought a response from Elrar or anyone from trion would have been given by now even it if was just "wait for E3"