Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sony Just Won - EQ Next & Planetside 2 Coming To PS4

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    Originally posted by Nokilleye
    Originally posted by erictlewis

I think they lost their mind if they are making eqnext for the console,  Have they forgotten who their core player base is for eq and eq2.   LoL what a stupid thing to do. 

No one said it was console ONLY.  Why does it have to be this OR that?  This AND that is much better!  

Because the UI will have to be designed to suit console players.

Or make one UI for console players and one for PC gamers and give PC gamers a huge advantage. You dont have that problem with a FPS, but a real MMO this is a huge problem. 

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by Astropuyo

Alright you PC master race/console folks for we're going to dispell myths!

1. What makes a mouse and keyboard any more better than a thumb base stick system? I own one of the best kinds of mice for gaming possible, she's solid, she's fast and I have to lift that sucker off my mouse pad every sixteen seconds in a fps.

Why? Because mouse tech sucks for gaming. I know! I Know! Your friends say it's so much better and everyone you game with on the PC are declaring it the shiz. However you are all simply lying to yourself to appear superior. For you see as proven with CodMW 2. Console and PC gamers are equal. Thumbs are our primary tool manipulation tools. You just want to role play as though your leet table mouse skills are like real gun play and stuff! Because that's how you fire guns! From something sitting on the table and clicking with two fingers which are designed for.

Grip.

Yes that's right folks you are clicking with grip fingers, your dexterity sucks and everyone else does. This is why you feel like it's better. Your dexterity sucks because you aren't using the fingers designed to manipulate small objects into tools. You are a freaking monkey remember this.

I play all systems. I own them all and enjoy them all.

2. Controllers do not suck for gaming if they sucked for gaming chances are we wouldn't use controllers. Controllers are generally designed to be ergonomic as possible.

They are highly streamlined analogue hot key buttons. Simple as that. A controller and a mouse are not much different save the controller allows for...you to use your....THUMBS! THAT THING THAT MAKES YOU SO DANGEROUS LIONS WON'T MESS WITH YOU.

At anytime I can do just as much damage with my Razor controller as I can with my same brand mouse.

At anytime. Why? Because I'm not a snob and see's that any way is better, they are different control systems.

If anything the only system that I own that I can readily plug in a my gun casings into my controller is the WII. Just saying if you want to get technical the WII has the most realistic handling of "gun game" action. I tend to still play MW3 on the WII over all other systems.

So in closing all of you are wrong there is no better way, only different ways and even then the controller by far is most chosen gaming tool over mice. I mean historically..

So while you may feel you and your awesomely skilled mouse warriors/controller warriors are much better the truth is we all suck compared to that ten year old who can snipe you with his gun skills on the WII.

That's right the WII is hardercore than your pc games/other console games. Hows that feel?

The range, ease, and degree of motion in your thumbs is nothing compared to using a mouse.  I've played console and PC my whole life and hands down it is way easier and more intuitive to move a mouse point and click on something than fight a cursor with my thumb using an analog stick and trying aim with precision. 

No bias here - consoles are awesome and PC's are awesome.  However, it's just plain easier to use a mouse.  There's a reason that pretty much every single shooter on consoles and when you use a controller for FPS's on PC uses Aim Assist.  That's not a default PC game feature for a very clear reason - mice are better than controllers.  Take into account other features that originate from the terrible aim of controllers - the gigantic spread brought about by.... you guessed it CoD because their players can't aim for crap.

Also when you talk about clicking with your index/grip finger and how that's not made for using delicate tools.  I'm clicking a button not trying to thread a needle.  Little dexterity if any is needed for that task.  There's a reason few people share your opinion and it has nothing to do with anyone being part of the PC master race.

Steam: Neph

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Astro
    Cod has all sorts of auto aiming shit going on. That's why controller players can compete with mouse players.

On point 2, I thought you had a good mouse, most good mice have thumb buttons. As for lifting your mouse, most good much have adjustable speed settings
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100
    My first thought was this spells the end for EQ Next. From the info given I thought the game was going to open with tons of options, but now I know it will be closed with many restrictions due to console compatibility.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I understand the argument about a different UI for EQN to work on both systems but there could be an advantage. There are already game's like GW2 that can work off of a gamepad just fine. Take that idea and add aspects such as reactive, proc, situational abilities that change some or all your available skills? I would enjoy a change from the sea of hotkeys if it meant more engaging and unique combat.

I would still use a keyboard too type but a gamepad is more comfortable IMO. Plus the way SoE does both proximity chat and SoEMote the need to type may not be that big.
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

Worked really well for final fantasy, eh? 

lulz

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Originally posted by ZaineUK

Hi All,

It's been confirmed that Planetside 2 and other Sony MMOs will be coming to the PS4 including EverQuest Next which will also be shown at E3 next week:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/05/dc-universe-online-and-planetside-2-coming-to-playstation-4

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1952233/sonys_e3_2013_lineup_leaked_with_ps4_ps3_games.html

Your OP is misleading.  There is ambiguity in the article that lists the E3 games.  Let me show you:

"Sony's E3 2013 should be a great one. Alongside Microsoft showing off a number of next-gen games, Sony will be on hand to sing the praise of the PS4 and, presumably, all its yet to be revealed games."

No where in there does it say that EQ Next will be on the PS4.  It says they will be  there to talk about the PS4 AND to talk about its upcoming games.

Let's not get too hysterical folks.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

I think they lost their mind if they are making eqnext for the console,  Have they forgotten who their core player base is for eq and eq2.   LoL what a stupid thing to do. 

No one said it was console ONLY.  Why does it have to be this OR that?  This AND that is much better!  

Or make one UI for console players and one for PC gamers and give PC gamers a huge advantage. You dont have that problem with a FPS, but a real MMO this is a huge problem. 

That's just not going to happen, the UI will be design to be semi functional on pc and be more suitable for console, like always.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn is a real mmo and theres no problems...GW2 is a real mmo and I play that with a PS3 gamepad with no problems using xpadder to set up the buttons.  I found that my reaction is faster with the gamepad too especially for dodging, I remember soloing a champion with adds as a warrior with rifle.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

You can have two different UI. That is what they do for D3, a different UI for the console version.

Originally posted by redcapp

Worked really well for final fantasy, eh? 

lulz

A Realm Reborn seems to be doing great so i dont know what you mean

Originally posted by tkreep

Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn is a real mmo and theres no problems...GW2 is a real mmo and I play that with a PS3 gamepad with no problems using xpadder to set up the buttons.  I found that my reaction is faster with the gamepad too especially for dodging, I remember soloing a champion with adds as a warrior with rifle.

FF14 has had huge UI problems, and i still get a few glitches and lag in the new version too.

FF14 has had huge UI problems, and i still get a few glitches and lag in the new version too.

I can understand the version 1.0 which was just an incomplete game but version 2.0 is still being optimized when it comes to lag and glitches but the UI are totally different for keyboard and gamepad users.  The keyboard version looks like any other mmo with a hotbar.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by fat_taddler

MMO's that have attempted to crossover to consoles have left a lot to be desired for PC gamers, particularly in terms of the UI. This will probably hurt EQ Next more than help it. 

I agree it will hurt it more than help. I dont believe a mmo on a console till I see it, i just dont see it.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

I love GW2 and been playing it off and on but I really hope EQN turns out to be deeper then that and be honest, even when using the controller playing GW2, you still use your keyboard and mouse to do more complexed actions that dodge?  My bet is you only use the controller sometimes.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf
    Everquest Online Adventures just called and asked if everyone forgot what happened the last time they attempted a console Everquest MMO on a playstation.

EQOA is by far one of my most Favorite games.

Also it wasnt on PC if it was it would probably still be alive.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by TheJoda
    Originally posted by fat_taddler

MMO's that have attempted to crossover to consoles have left a lot to be desired for PC gamers, particularly in terms of the UI.

This will probably hurt EQ Next more than help it. 

I agree it will hurt it more than help. I dont believe a mmo on a console till I see it, i just dont see it.

How is it going to hurt? it is not like they are not producing a PC version.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Never owned a console in my life, but I'm all for making things available cross-platform.

The only thing I can't stand is if the gameplay and UI are forcibly fitted to the console crowd without regard for PC players.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616
    Nowhere in those links does it say EQNext will be on console.No idea what the fuss is about.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

Even if it does come to the PS4 doesnt mean they will play with PC players.

So the cry about UI is not needed until we know everything.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

Now everyone sees why EQ next have been started from scratch and I bet the same for blizzard with Titan
    Originally posted by Fangrim
    Nowhere in those links does it say EQNext will be on console.No idea what the fuss is about.

Its on the 2nd link in the list of leaked games coming for PS4

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    The second link in the OP claims that E3 Insider prematurly released a list of games Sony was going to show, one of them being EQN. The page since had been changed but could still be seen through cache. Who knows, we'll find out one way or another soon.
    Now everyone sees why EQ next have been started from scratch and I bet the same for blizzard with Titan

Stop with the Titan bombs that game doesn't exist.

• MGPetersonMGPeterson Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by Anthur
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by itsTort
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf
    Everquest Online Adventures just called and asked if everyone forgot what happened the last time they attempted a console Everquest MMO on a playstation.

2/11/2003 to 5/29/2012

9 years just called and said it was pretty successful on that front, especially granted the technology that was around at the time of launch. Are you implying that it will be wildly successful and give the company residual income for a good 9+ years again? 

Not to mention DCUO, Dust 514, and Defiance.

But... but, those are bad games... at least if you expect a successor to EQ with sandbox elements.

And do you know what made them bad games?  I'll give you a hint, they were PC games plat-formed to console.

This discussion has been closed.