Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am sorry I am still loving this game

This is my 5th week and I am yet to get bored.  Everyday it seems like something interesting is happening either an encounter, clan, politics, etc.  I have a feeling it will be a while until I get bored. 

BTW This is my 2nd MMO after Warcraft in term of longevity.  Again I apologize for not hating this game yet.  But worry not, like all games eventually I will get bored and will loose interest one day. 

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    k
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I do not accept your apology..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• RyonoxRyonox Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Cool story OP, but I am still not buying the game for a second time, especially when It only has humans, green skinned humans, mouse eared humans, humans with furry faces, pointy eared humans, and not-dwarf humans. 
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Ryonox
    Cool story OP, but I am still not buying the game for a second time, especially when It only has humans, green skinned humans, mouse eared humans, humans with furry faces, pointy eared humans, and not-dwarf humans. 

so,  character models are more important to you than gameplay?

• RyonoxRyonox Member UncommonPosts: 64

No, a company reselling the same content to me with less customization does though. Hey, thanks for buying our car! Oh what's that, you're mad that we put a boot on your vehicle? Well you have to buy it again because we painted it the same color as everyone elses car, as that will enhance the driving experience! Thanks for shopping with aventurine.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Ryonox

No, a company reselling the same content to me with less customization does though. Hey, thanks for buying our car! Oh what's that, you're mad that we put a boot on your vehicle? Well you have to buy it again because we painted it the same color as everyone elses car, as that will enhance the driving experience! Thanks for shopping with aventurine.

Well if u had DF one they gave u a free copy of UW just needed to pay sub fee. so there realy not reselling it to u.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

This is my 5th week and I am yet to get bored.  Everyday it seems like something interesting is happening either an encounter, clan, politics, etc.  I have a feeling it will be a while until I get bored. 

BTW This is my 2nd MMO after Warcraft in term of longevity.  Again I apologize for not hating this game yet.  But worry not, like all games eventually I will get bored and will loose interest one day. 

Just enjoy no need to apologize.

Some will like it some will hate it, thats fact of life don't worree about it ok:)

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Not surprisingly for you to love DF:UW coming from WoW.

Original DF followers know what that means...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Yeah, after playing a particular style of MMO for awhile, i.e. theme parks, a game with an entirely different design can feel really fresh and fun, same thing happened to me when I tried EVE, and it ended up being my longest running MMORPG.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217
    Great stuff :) Hope you'll enjoy it for a long time yet! I've sadly yet to find that next MMO that can keep me hooked. Maybe one of the upcoming titles, you never know! I miss my old game, Myth of Soma. xD
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

As long as you stick to your warrior, you should be fine.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Apology accepted.  You haven't played any other  MMO other than WoW for more than a month? Could explain our differing tastes.
  • wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172
    Being that the 1.0 meta game was amazing, and the only untouched/unruined part of DFUW, nobody is surprised that anyone past the chronic lack of content can have fun. Besides, as per 1.0 it's AV, not the game itself pushing people away. Some people, dare I say the vast majority, really don't like being lied to.
  • Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

Nothing to see here.

<span yt-uix-expander-head"="" dir="ltr" title="Gif - Abe Simpson: This looks interesting... nope!">

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

I'm sure those new to some of the aspects that UW offers are having a ball, but to those of us that played DF1, know the game is missing what made it so addictive with the meta game. Without this side of the game it feels pointless and worthless, i can have a good PvP experience in a multitude of FPS games, but none have that meta experience that DF1 offered.

If AV had any sense, they would work night and day on getting a meta game in place, until then it's just another game with no meaningful reason to play.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Mkilbride
    [mod edit]

once agian that is the pot calling the fettle black.

and to the OP this thread is a bit um. . . . .. pointless im glad you are enjoying the game but this thread seems to be more about you sarcasticly taunting people rather then makeing any real point.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Of course you're still enjoying Darkfall, because it's awesome.  No need to apologize.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    still? it's been like a month and a half...
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

Great for you, as a 3 year DF 1.0 vet, ill disagree.

DFUW sucks plain and simple, Its incomplete, buggy, terrible community i could go on forever but AV took what good things that had going from 1.0 and squashed them and made DFUW a shitty game.

I predict DFUW will be as dead as the first Darkfall within the next 6 months.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by bcbully
    still? it's been like a month and a half...

Well in this era where posters seem to come here and say they have stopped playing and uninstalled in weeks, or days, or even within an hour of loading the game, 5 weeks or so is practically an eternity.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Yeah, after playing a particular style of MMO for awhile, i.e. theme parks, a game with an entirely different design can feel really fresh and fun, same thing happened to me when I tried EVE, and it ended up being my longest running MMORPG.

I can agree with this statement.

I was on that page before i had tried Darkfall 1.0 and i played it for its lifespan,  But i just dont get that same interest from DFUW, i think AV might have lured in some players that had never touched the first DF, but the lack of skilled pvp in DFUW just kills it for me at least.

However DFUW is a better game for less skilled players and douchebags that enjoy a pixelated ego.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Kyleran

...and same for me when I left Eve for rift

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by Salenger

I predict DFUW will be as dead as the first Darkfall within the next 6 months.

Except this time, they won't have to kill their own game for this to happen.

Unless they decide to announce a wipe and DF 3.0 before the first 6 month or the first year with no further updates for UW except for  a giga grind reduction to let everyone max their character under a month.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Never feel sorry for loving the game you play. Congrats for finding the game you enjoy to play. For me it is SWTOR with over 2,300 hours played so far. Not bored yet image.

Don't try too hard to be a cool kid and get bored too soon image

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476

The game isnt super bad it is way slow for my pace tho. The amount of bugs that i ran into just cant happen into days gaming community, I do love the open freedom of the game it really makings you feel invested in the tactics and strategy to win small skirmish and  large battles.