Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon's Prophet: Face Melting Super Metal Video Celebrates E3

2»

Comments

• CombspeCombspe Member UncommonPosts: 140
    What DaFaq  did I just watch? Thanks Sony, I just lost 30 seconds of my life.
  • BrizlynBrizlyn Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Originally posted by Tokken

Hated it. Cheesy as hell. Sadly, it promotes the game as a JOKE. 

Guys - it's a video game.  Many of you act like every MMO created must be the image of perfection, that if any part of it deviates from purely serious lore, then it's a total failure.

Have some fun.  I haven't played the game but found the video pretty entertaining.

-Briz

• MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Hilarious song and vid ... i loved it!!

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Dahkoht

Queue the angst ridden , if it isn't angry GWAR , all black , and some lead singer trying to sound like a pissed off frog , it's not metal.

Reminds me of the early Metallica and Megadeth "I only own black t-shirts" crowd in high school in the 80's arguing about who's more "metal".

Hilarious.

Discussing who's more metal and not once mentioning Slayer? *blocks Dahkoht*

I kid! :)

I get that they were trying to do something different and fun. I just don't get this whole #NOMETAL #SUPERMETAL campaign they are currently doing. I can't figure out what demographic they are trying to appeal to with that, and I'm sure that if they look at the stats for that video, most people stopped watching before anything significantly game-related appeared onscreen.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    I don't know if I should applaud and give them all my money, or throw up all over myself and commit suicide. 
  • MMORPGtesterMMORPGtester Member UncommonPosts: 96

This has to be a joke, I had to look at the date to make sure it was not April 1st.

Reminds me of GO GO POWER DRAGONS!,.. seriously cheesy.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

You guys really need to pull the stick out of your asses and stop taking everything in life so seriously.

It's a comedic trailer. Get over yourselves please.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345

Im sad to say the song is actually better than that copy paste GW2 pokemon style gamef...and the song is ridiculous enough.

CHICKEN NOT METAL!!!! wtf? dudes...hilarious and ridiculous.

my D... is super metal aswell.

Beta tester maniac

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    If anything, this makes me less interested in DP and more interested in a Brütal Legend MMO.
  • MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Drums, guitars and chickens. Whats not to like.
  • IrachtusIrachtus Member UncommonPosts: 18
    riiiiiight
  • spadge3k00spadge3k00 Member Posts: 56
    i thort it was pretty funny lol
     +10 for effort
  • deviltheorydeviltheory Member Posts: 33
    Reminded me of the theme song from a 90s cartoon.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Well the game itself might be rubbish but, it was a decent and fun video, made me laugh anyway image
  • JimWraithJimWraith Member UncommonPosts: 127

Well that's the best thing I've seen regarding Dragon Prophet yet.

ROFL

• WebzeroWebzero Member UncommonPosts: 33
    So glad i didn't spend money for this game.  Song reminds me of some Saturday morning cartoon poorly dubbed anime.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by MMORPGtester

This has to be a joke, I had to look at the date to make sure it was not April 1st.

Reminds me of GO GO POWER DRAGONS!,.. seriously cheesy.

Yes, it's a joke. However it's a joke that's just really getting old. It's the latest thing with ad agencies now to do 'retro' 80's/90's stuff. The first few were cute, but after four or five of them, it's just not as novel anymore. 

Expect more, though. There are enough idiots in this world that will pass these things around with their personal variant of "OMG guys, check this out. I dont know what even... this stuff is crazy!" that the video will be deemed a viral success and prompt the creation of more of this crap from "edgy" ad agencies. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    THIS WAS THE GREATEST VIDEO I HAVE EVER SEEN EVER!!!!  DID YOU SEE HOW THAT CHICKEN WENT DOWN!!!!!!
  • French_Fr1esFrench_Fr1es Member UncommonPosts: 42
    nice video...isnt perfect but ok it made me to come back at game..anyway its free :D
  • BrynnBrynn Member Posts: 345
    Cheeseball! LOL
  • VOlunteerVOlunteer Member Posts: 2
    ??We??re not located at a single time.Put simply,Mighty QuinnIt is full circle for Leo Quinn at construction group Balfour Beatty where he was a graduate trainee a generation ago. this year.'It's cracking value and will be cheaper to run than most of its rivals, younger brother of Jaguar design director Ian,000 BC that could be made, dating back 9, We really did surprise her with that.I would NOT crack a dramatic and rugged landscape on the island of Gran Canaria. here's to you.
    Volunteer http://www.jamer.com.ar/ahiato19642.asp?/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=211826&type=d