Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ressurection of Richard's Garriott Tabula Rasa

ClawhammerClawhammer Member Posts: 16

Richard Garriott  endorsed the petition to resurrect TR on 23. May.   https://twitter.com/RichardGarriott

This time we have the real backing to get somewhere to get this glorious game back.

Pettion link. http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/ressurection-of-richards-garriott-tabula-rasa.html

signed myself as no.55. so old TR gamers chip in.

TR IS FOREVER BABY........

Comments

• IrachtusIrachtus Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Well I might sign it if he keeps his promises this time and doesn't use the game to make another ego trip to space.
  • KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Originally posted by Irachtus
    Well I might sign it if he keeps his promises this time and doesn't use the game to make another ego trip to space.

QFT. Yeah, IMO the game really had potential, so this time; if he's gonna stay on earth and work on the game, im all for it lol...

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    I would be extremely stoked! Signed!
  • razzashrazzash Member UncommonPosts: 31

Signed! Had fun while playing it... good times ^^

• necredonnecredon Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by Clawhammer

Richard Garriott  endorsed the petition to resurrect TR on 23. May.   https://twitter.com/RichardGarriott

This time we have the real backing to get somewhere to get this glorious game back.

Pettion link. http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/ressurection-of-richards-garriott-tabula-rasa.html

Nice try Richard.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Still have my collector's with the token that was suppose to get us access to something special and never did/
  • ClawhammerClawhammer Member Posts: 16

hey its not Richard who made the petition BUBBA !!!!

read this header : Petition published by Tilen Firman on May 18, 2013

if you did read RG´s twitter he have alot he do take time to do, so just endorsing this is his ????

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Woot. #116

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I really liked TR, not so much as a MMORPG but more as a online sci fi action game.

But......

"I'm sure NCsoft will at least listen to our plea"  http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/ressurection-of-richards-garriott-tabula-rasa.html

Not sure if NCsoft has forgetten $ 28M USD image http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/07/30/richard-garriott-wins-lawsuit-against-ncsoft/

• TilenFirmanTilenFirman Member Posts: 2

It was their dirty tricks that lead to such sad ending of the game.

Perhapsh they didnt forget 28 mil $ - thats for sure.

But what would it cost them if , they put it back F2P and see the effect ?

It it brings income and there is no outcome ( only servers maintaing for starters ) thats pure profit.

Any idiot would see math in this. But the problem by NC is their pride , arrogance and foolishness.

Tilen Firman i really dont care how much pride , arrogance and foolishness ncsoft do have, all i care about is getting Tabula Rasa back online.

To me i think ncsoft have felt the wraith for the vest in relation to how many former TR players did not want to pay and sub for the latter of their games after Tabula Rasa was closed down.

An MMORPG like Tabula Rasa is a commitment for several years, see how many years gw1 did have committed servers ! 

For me its like potato,potata. either its sub. like before for me if the sub is the same as of wow, i dont care.

If its F2P like planetside2 with you buying stuff to your chars like white armour and the like does not hold me back from paying sub.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by necredon

Nice try Richard.

Definitely didn't seem like Richard started the petition to me either, having read it,  it seemed like it was started by someone with english as a second language.

HOAH this is simply going superb when i posted this i did not expect that we would be around 400 signed petitions right now.

To all those who signed it, and to those forthcomming. THANKS. i really hope this will get to the point where the petition really shows ncsoft that WE WANT THIS BACK. 

so please ask any you know that cares for this great game, ask them to sign this petition. 

I for one have put forth the plea to all i know.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I wonder how many people would be willing to pay for it again, not just play for free for a month for a laugh and then quit all over again.
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    I wonder how many people would be willing to pay for it again, not just play for free for a month for a laugh and then quit all over again.

i dont think this is the case, most players are true to this game, how many other mmo´s did have such a great gfx.

the story in the game is quite evolved compared to many other and it was ahead of its time, in many respects.

• ArkangylGArkangylG Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Originally posted by Emeraq
    Originally posted by necredon

Nice try Richard.

Definitely didn't seem like Richard started the petition to me either, having read it,  it seemed like it was started by someone with english as a second language.

He didn't nor was that claimed. He just posted a link to it / shout out for it on his twitter feed. He has not said anything else afaik on it and doubt he really will. His lawsuit most like stipulated as such. He just drew attention to the petition which he would not have done if he didn't at least somewhat feel it deserved it. And yes, Tilen most like does not natively speak english, but he speaks it better than I can speak any other language other than english including latin which is what I know best after english, heheh. I guess you sorta kinda get used to it with so many people the world over playing MMOs now (especially f2p ones).

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    This game needs to stay where it is, dead and buried IMO.

Asbo

• PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Originally posted by NightBandit
    This game needs to stay where it is, dead and buried IMO.

Didn't get to play it did you?

So sad!

• OnkiniOnkini Member Posts: 5
    This is a game that's worth immersing yourself in. There may be a few bugs now, but they'll inevitably be fixed in a patch soon, and there's more than enough here to keep you coming back for more Thrax-spanking action.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    If I made money off a game I made / was involved in and wanted to go to space and that meant I stopped making that game I'd go to space even though it would hurt the game because space is space and that's pretty cool. Still, as a customer that would suck though and we all know what the story was. But still, the game had something to it although it felt like an indie game unfinished, unpolished etc it was a pretty good game. Wish I actually played it.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279

My fond memories of TR:

That first zone, as you run down the hill near this wartorn "river". on one side you see your defenders, other side bane forces, each side shooting and killing each other, I mean ACTUALLY killing each other, not just that exchange of fire that you see in many games where you can watch for 5 min and never see a health bar go down.

Getting orders to report to "x outpost" and finding that the bane had already taken it. You call over the comm links for help on retaking that base. You know, your only supply depot in the whole area, You and a handful answer the call and lay siege to the base. You clear it and signal the all clear. New support personnel start to ship to the outpost to make it functional again, getting the door shields up and such. However shortly before the base is fully up and running you hear bane turbines in the wind. That's right wave 2, 3, or even 4 of the bane forces are on their way trying to take that base away from you.

(Yes, bane forces were "active" in taking your "quest hubs" and supply depots away from the players)

Getting to a level, and spending a clone chit, this allowed you to clone your character at that point, while effectively giving you two characters of two different classes without having to level things all over again. Now all you had to do is get gear for you newborn clone.

TR was the only game that I enjoyed grinding, mostly because it did not feel like grinding, it felt more akin to a "War zone". In many invasions I remember running madly from cover to cover (yes, cover mattered in this game) shooting madly as bane forces pushed from position to position, only the have a small group of players rushing in from behind to save my arse at the last second.

I know that NcSoft will never let the IP out of their hands for a reboot. NcSoft's actions in games like this and CoX are the reason why I do not spend a cent on ANYTHING NcSoft related if I can help it. I'd play and Sub in a heartbeat, I generally do not have time to justify a sub (in my mind) but this is one that I would just pay the dang cost. Yes even with all the bugs the game had.

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by DMKano

Folks - this is not gonna happen because it can't.

1. NCSoft doesn't have any of the staff left that launched and supported TR, once the game closed NCSoft Austin dissolved, the team that ran TR is gone. So nobody at NCSoft presently would know how to even stand up TR server.

2. NCSoft doesnt have the server or database code for TR anymore, there is an ex employee that has the code still (withholding name for obvious reason)

As much as I'd like to play TR again, I can tell you with great certainty is this is not gonna happen. 

I am surprised that Garriot would endorse this as he is well aware of both of the points I mentioned above.

You know what, People sit there a bemoan SWG all the time, jumping into other game threads and try to shove their views on how great SWG was. Most of us know that it is dead and never coming back. However it does not stop tons of people shoving how "great" a game it was into other faces.

I know it is not coming back. It does not however diminish our desire for it to come back. No matter how many time you say the above, no matter how many threads you post this in.

Let us sit in our rocking chair and reminisce about the good old days. Who know, one day, possibly, even though the chances are slim to none, the game, or a game just like it, may once again grace our paths

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by TilenFirman

It was their dirty tricks that lead to such sad ending of the game.

Perhapsh they didnt forget 28 mil $ - thats for sure.

But what would it cost them if , they put it back F2P and see the effect ?

It it brings income and there is no outcome ( only servers maintaing for starters ) thats pure profit.

Any idiot would see math in this. But the problem by NC is their pride , arrogance and foolishness.

Perhaps if you read some of the commentary in this old thread you'd get a better understanding of the many challenges this title faced (in the opinion of some of the players) and then see why if only a fraction of them are true why NCSoft might not be so eager to resurrect this title, even as a F2P.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/227896/What-was-so-bad-about-this-game.html

I think the short answer is, this game still needs much more work and just isn't up to the standards they as a company wish games associated with their name to provide.

It isn't always a question of making "some money," as you stated, pride and ownership do play a part and this title is not one they are proud of in terms of how it all turned out.

So good luck with the petition, but not likely to happen. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

I personally have the collector's edition of this game.  The paper based "security card" is still sitting on my desk of miscellaneous gaming items and I'm looking at it right now.  While I wouldn't consider myself qualified to rate it, I definitely wouldn't rate it within my top 25 MMO games.  This is probably because I don't like shooter games, and the fact I only leveled and unlocked powers through exploration without partaking in any of the dungeons.  Eventually I quit the game without paying monthly for it, as it just wasn't impressive to me at all.

But that's okay, that's one person's experience and opinion.  It's not like I'm claiming it's the worst thing in the world, but it's okay for me to say I didn't like it on a post regarding it.  You're welcome to what you want to say as well, of course.  But I do have certain expectations of maturity when it comes to thread creators, and outright condemning people for disagreeing with you and claiming they never played a game because of this is not something that meets this qualification in my eyes.

We all can tend to get passionate about the games we enjoyed at times, and say things perhaps we shouldn't.  But still we must remember the above in whole and try to apply it each time we create posts of our very own.  In closing, I would support the reopening of a closed MMO so that those who enjoyed it can do so again.  It would be nice to see happen if it could maintain itself.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.