Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon's Prophet: Face Melting Super Metal Video Celebrates E3

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment has released a new pre-E3 video for Dragon's Prophet. Devs are calling it "face melting super metal" and it features the music by Cinderella drummer Fred Coury and guitarist Brent Woods, and lyrics by Ayzenberg Group. See what you think and let us know! 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GalthonGalthon Member UncommonPosts: 50
    I regret only that I have but one face to palm.
  • NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663
    Oh god...
  • TaliaraTaliara Member Posts: 6
    Not sure if I hate it or love it...
  • SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380
    I really don't like downing things.....but my god that was awfully cheesy.  I was expecting some heavy metal.  That was terrible.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Brutal.
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805
    Crappy video for a crappy game.  Go figure.
    I like to complain about games.
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

In a way i feel it's a corny video and the music reminds me of Quiet Riot for some reason.

Once you get past the cheesy and lame reaction,it actually is accurate to the gameplay and graphic's,go figure.I look at it like,at least they're not trying to make it look better than what it is.It's actually pretty decent with more polish and ummph coming in next few month's,or so I imagine!

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119

Oh God... really? I can't believe I gave these assholes $40.

NEWS FLASH!

THIS is metal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9AcG0glVu4

THIS is metal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfso3CiHwN8

And even THIS is metal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s

This video is about as metal as a pink bonnet in a field of daisies (no, not flesh eating chrome daisies either). I will admit though that it's really cute how they tried to emulate the storytelling of Brutal Legend (and failed miserably) right there in the beginning.

Although, I can draw another parallel: You know the crappy teeny-bopper band (a parody of crap like Limp Bizkit, no doubt) in the beginning of that game? That's the kind of band that did the song for this video.

When your ad campaign is more of a joke than the one for Scarlet Blade, you've officially failed at marketing.

Edit: And yes, I'm aware that it's mostly done in parody. It still sucks.

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

• madnosmadnos Member Posts: 84

Huge 80's hair band fan.

Cinderella actually has some good tunes . 

This not so much . :D

Was gonna mention about this not being Metal either . But you guys to seem to have covered that :)

Originally posted by InsaneDalek

Oh God... really? I can't believe I gave these assholes $40.

NEWS FLASH!

THIS is metal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9AcG0glVu4

THIS is metal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfso3CiHwN8

And even THIS is metal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s

This video is about as metal as a pink bonnet in a field of daisies (no, not flesh eating chrome daisies either). I will admit though that it's really cute how they tried to emulate the storytelling of Brutal Legend (and failed miserably) right there in the beginning.

Although, I can draw another parallel: You know the crappy teeny-bopper band (a parody of crap like Limp Bizkit, no doubt) in the beginning of that game? That's the kind of band that did the song for this video.

When your ad campaign is more of a joke than the one for Scarlet Blade, you've officially failed at marketing.

Edit: And yes, I'm aware that it's mostly done in parody. It still sucks.

I'm pretty sure the point is,compared to other mmo trailer's this is absolutely heavy metal.Don't compare it to actual metal music,compare it to the soft music we hear in other trailer's.Make's sense aye!

it doesn't need to be Ozzy when the best other mmo's do are like,A Flock of Seagull's.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479

Queue the angst ridden , if it isn't angry GWAR , all black , and some lead singer trying to sound like a pissed off frog , it's not metal.

Reminds me of the early Metallica and Megadeth "I only own black t-shirts" crowd in high school in the 80's arguing about who's more "metal".

Hilarious.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Not bad,some of the lyrics could have been a little less cheesy  lol.

Over the mountains and magma ^^

Cactii NOT METAL

Chickens NOT METAL  haha

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Stizzled
    Well that was... retarded. That video, plus the ads being displayed here at MMORPG.com all equal up to one poorly run promotional campaign. I get that it's supposed to be a joke, but I'm not laughing and I doubt anyone else is either. Bad idea SOE, if you can't take the game seriously then no one else is going to either.

I really wonder if companies like SOE and such are really going for stupid anymore.Seem's ad's/trailer's are just plain dumb for many game's.The only trailer in the last year that I thought was really good,is the launch trailer for TSW.It really gives you a feeling of the ambiance and setting for the game.For me,it's the best I've seen since the launch trailer for WoW TBC and Wotlk.

Arya Stark

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    lol Brütal Legend much?
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    For one this wasn't METAL !  sounds more like Winger with a sore throat.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• crazyed66crazyed66 Member UncommonPosts: 18

WOW!!! <-- shock not the game :) 

I agree with most of the comments here. It seemed rushed and hastily written. 

I have played DP and well quite frankly they should sneak out into the mmo world while they fix the game not come out kicking and screaming "HERE WE ARE!!!" unfortunately as stated already this clip really does represent the game accurately. 

• PsycospankPsycospank Member UncommonPosts: 36

Clearly their ad campaign is working perfectly, 2 pages of you guys arguing over what is metal, now what better way to get peoples attention...like it or not ads are not about like or dislike, its about getting your attention, pretty sure its done its job.

As for all you guys debating what is or isn't metal all I can say is #NOTMETAL :P

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794
    DaFAQ is this lol

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• VathikVathik Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Lmao WTF! Where's my damn hairspray at...............
  • JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by Vathik
    Lmao WTF! Where's my damn hairspray at...............

It's the 80's all over again :-)

I grew up in the 80's and it brought back all those good memories of the cheezy Hair Metal Bands... ROCK ON BABY!!!!

Vathik
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Hated it. Cheesy as hell. Sadly, it promotes the game as a JOKE. 

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• romelloromello Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by Tokken

Hated it. Cheesy as hell. Sadly, it promotes the game as a JOKE. 
    Promotes the game as a JOKE 

thats coz it is

hallo ~_~

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • shavashava Member UncommonPosts: 324

Sadly, this promo failed to do what it was supposed to -- which was to come off as ironic.

OK guys, look, this is a game which is essentially Pokemon in drag, amiright?

"gotta catch 'em all?"

Except you ride them, and they're all Dragons, and yes, you keep them in a stable instead of a starship but actually, shhhh, they are your crew for all intents and purposes of crafting just like SWTOR.

But yes, that was, in fact, a lot like a Pokemon era metal anime theme homage, the problem being half of you are too young to remember such things, the other half being... they did a really incompetent job (and wtf with the hashtags? was that an attempt to relate to the people too young to remember original Pokemon?).

But anything that says that the lyrics were written by their marketing company?  actually states that?  Lame.

They are so cool though, just ask them:

http://www.ayzenberg.com/#/about/introduction/

Obviously wild and crazy big hair metal kinds o' guyz.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Jeeez.... facemelting, but not in the way they mean it.