Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

62% player retention rate is amazing!

13»

Comments

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Exactly. I'd like to hear an official retention rate from AV. Unlikely we'd get one.

There was a poll, on the DFUW forums, 900 users chimed in, 67% of the poll said they would NOT be re-subbing. Now, 900 users is not all DFUW has, but it is a sizable amount, and over 600 of them said they wouldn't resub, and it's not like every player is on the forums.

Last AV talked, less than 2500 total subs on both servers.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    [mod edit]

If you were in the game you'd know that 60% retention is totally feasible. The activity (at least on EU1) hasn't dropped at all since day one as far as I can tell. I even would've hazarded a higher percentage.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Pie_Rat

Darkfall has a 4% retention rate, how horrendous.

My statistic is equally as legit as the OP, since I provided an equal amount of proof to my claim.

You guys are getting fanboi trolled hard.

If you were in the game you'd know that 60% retention is totally feasible. The activity (at least on EU1) hasn't dropped at all since day one as far as I can tell. I even would've hazarded a higher percentage.

Your comment reminds me of jury instructions the defense attorney gave us, "just because something is possible doesn't mean it's true, there remains a reasonable doubt without hard evidence to the contrary"

Fun topic to debate, with people supporting both sides of the argument with claims made based on their personal perception and experience, but like finding out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop, the world may never know.

But hey, as long as you are satisfied and enjoying the game, doesn't really matter what anyone thinks about the retention rates.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DavirokDavirok Member UncommonPosts: 75

Even if 60% seems to be an accurate perception of the current retention rate, why would you say an exact number. Saying 62% is pretty much like saying 62,57% of the total playerbase keeps playing this shit, which makes no sense at all, since you got no fucking idea what the real number is.

The same situation: Imagine your friend has a nest full of apples, he throws a half away, and then he asks you how many apples are left, then you say, 67%, now imagine your friends face.

I see many flaws in here lol.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Pie_Rat

Darkfall has a 4% retention rate, how horrendous.

My statistic is equally as legit as the OP, since I provided an equal amount of proof to my claim.

You guys are getting fanboi trolled hard.

Your comment reminds me of jury instructions the defense attorney gave us, "just because something is possible doesn't mean it's true, there remains a reasonable doubt without hard evidence to the contrary"

Fun topic to debate, with people supporting both sides of the argument with claims made based on their personal perception and experience, but like finding out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop, the world may never know.

But hey, as long as you are satisfied and enjoying the game, doesn't really matter what anyone thinks about the retention rates.

Hehe you're so right and I like the way you put it :) However I'm not satisfied with DF. In my previous post in this thread (can't blame you for not seeing it, it's buried somewhere near the beginning) I explained why I won't be renewing my sub.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    The haters of DFUW only need a flicker of positive news to go crazy like a swarm of pirahnas feeding on the poor OP.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Greymoor
    The haters of DFUW only need a flicker of positive news to go crazy like a swarm of pirahnas feeding on the poor OP.

Nah, it's the people watching the live update stream of posts, most probably don't give a thought about DF, they just see someone saying something is successful, they post to tell you it's not.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459

I actually thought it was people calling out someone who posted specific numbers, or percentages but gave no source of any kind.  

But, you are probably right.  Afterall, sources are over-rated.  image

• KshahdooKshahdoo Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by Sk1ppeR

Originally posted by Kshahdoo  

Originally posted by Sk1ppeR

Originally posted by Kshahdoo  

Originally posted by jdlamson75 I unsubbed the instant I saw that AV changed the date, but I subbed back up for the second month.  That said, I have unsubbed again, haven't logged in for more than two hours in the past week, and won't be logging in again.  I would say that more than half of my clan of 50 people is in the same boat - won't be resubbing, haven't been seen in weeks.     I gave AV a chance to bring more to the table, and I leave disappointed.  Oh well.  There's always Minecraft.
      But the game is full of players and my clan has around 40 people every evening in TS... There is nothing to play on the market anyway. It's only EVE and Darkfall. So if you don't play one of these games then you're just a wrong person for this market.
    And who are you to judge who is the right or wrong person for a given market? Keep deluding yourself about your crappy game and keep believing it is good. In the meantime I'll play a real MMO which doesn't ask for my credit card each month. I CHOOSE to give them my money and I obviously get more content for the $$ I give.   Enough said.
      As to who am I to judge, I'm a professional. I've been writing about games for 13 years already, was an editor of a big Russian gaming magazine and work on a big Russian gaming site right now. I know something about games, but never question other people who are they to judge, btw...
    That doesn't give you the right to judge who should play a type of game. Everybody can work in a gaming magazine, or have a blog. That doesn't grant them the right to judge. Now go back and right in your little gaming mag and spare us your opinion, because from what you have said so far, ultimately - nobody cares 

PS: Even if you work for IGN / Machinima / GameSpot ... saying what you said earlier would have you fired on the spot, so yeah ... you are nobody on the internet :) 

Man, nobody needs a right to understand a market. Fans of Sex Pistols don't listen to Justin Bieber, if you follow ManU you will never buy Liverpool uniform, and if you love sandbox and full loot FFA PvP you won't play World of Warcraft. It's a pretty simple conception to ask for any rights...

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

yeah but had the OP stated that 90% of people left people would celebrate.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Its funny how OP is avoiding giving  relevant information regarding the retention rate numbers he posted.

Part of the information is right in front of you on this forum.  Also seeing guild counts going up really pushes the retention rate higher.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I'm a subscriber - I just haven't got round to cancelling my subscription yet.

Thank you for reminding me gamekid2k.

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by sabotage23
    Game is a piece of crap, i regret wasteing $30 bucks on this junk. I dont know how anyone can play this, its like a game from the 1990's with its crappy animations and graphics.

[mod edit]

On a more related note, yeah it's slowly coming along it would seem.. they could be getting content in a bit faster and it's still not confirmed how good the latest fixes are for crashes in sieges and such. But it's not like there's anything else on the market worth looking at anyway.

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by Zushakon
    Originally posted by sabotage23
    Game is a piece of crap, i regret wasteing $30 bucks on this junk. I dont know how anyone can play this, its like a game from the 1990's with its crappy animations and graphics.

[mod edit]

On a more related note, yeah it's slowly coming along it would seem.. they could be getting content in a bit faster and it's still not confirmed how good the latest fixes are for crashes in sieges and such. But it's not like there's anything else on the market worth looking at anyway.

If you're playing DFUW on the grounds that it's the "least worst game" I think you'd prefer to find a different hobby.

It's summer. How about dating agency websites, campaigning door-to-door for a political party, or how about taking up a sport?

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Zushakon

How utterly sad their lives must be.. also I'll be getting a warning and possible temp ban for no reason at all now so happy hunting everyone(I'm guessing one of the mods on here have a vendetta against darkfall and just lashes out on all people that dare point out the flaws in the haters).

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's the tone that you keep typing with that does the job. I'm kinda laughing though, since it reminds me of DF players so well.

Good times.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

tldr version of the OP:

This game has the biggest retention rate around - if you doubt my words and ask for source then you are a just a hater!

Harbinger of Fools
  • tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I think because there's a shortage of pvp orientated mmos, pvp orientated mmos retain their subs better. It's not just DF, look at eve and ps2 they have higher retention rates than the latest wow with a twist games too.

There's a cogent theory. I wish we could test it. It seems to hold true at least for the Western market.

Hmmm. I would agree that pvp oriented mmos retain their subs better - they just don't have many subs! Yes, even Eve. There are more multiple subs in Eve than any other game I have seen. I still like (and play) Eve but it is not the smash hit that the pvpers try to make it out to be.

Pvp oriented mmos do much better in Asia but my personal opinion is that the emphasis on pvp is one of the reasons for the general MMO decline (closed mmos, lower populations and f2p).

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Keller
    Originally posted by -Zeno-

Industry standard for buy-to-end-of-first-month (first sub charge) is 40% with the exception of WoW.  Darkfall has a 62% retention rate! 

I am guessing its players who know what they are getting into and are loving the game?  It's an amazing game that will just get better over time.  You won't find anything like it elsewhere!

1. Where did you find these numbers?
    2. You are aware that some players were tricked in the auto-renewal? At launch the next billingdate was June 12th and they silently "corrected" that around May 10th to May 12th.
    3. Go inform at the larger "newbie" guilds on NA1 and EU1 and ask them how many of their members have an active subscription. Your next question should be and of the active subscribers, how many still log on?

PS: Do you also happen to know how many players have a second or even more active subscriptions running?

Imperium, a newbie guild, is still sitting on an active base of over 100. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher