Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First person only servers?

tussauctussauc Member UncommonPosts: 147

Did they say whether or not they might do this?

Would you want them to?

Comments

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Do not want.

You could play in both modes in the other games as well. I love switching between both on different occasions, so being restricted to either view would piss me off.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

This whole first person stuff is getting ridiculous...  

If you want to handicap yourself by playing first person, go ahead.. but whole first person servers?   Its ridiculous.   

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

If you want to handicap yourself by playing first person, go ahead.. but whole first person servers?   Its ridiculous.   

After reading your post, maybe the OP has a point. If people feel that playing in FPV is handicapping oneselve, then maybe they should have specific servers for that. 

1. normal servers would allow both

2. alternate ruleset servers would only allow FPV

Oh, and try not to be rude to other posters...

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

What he said.

Honestly, why would they offer separate servers for it?

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by nate1980

After reading your post, maybe the OP has a point. If people feel that playing in FPV is handicapping oneselve, then maybe they should have specific servers for that. 

Going with that logic then you'd be a proponent of servers specifically for clickers vs keybinders in tab target MMO's? And servers for people that like to make random groups for endgame content instead of forming statics? I mean if we're going to separate those that go with the most ideal gameplay experience from those that don't, why not right?

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by nate1980

Really, i can't wait  to read the shock when these fpvers get their assess handed to them from mobs and players. They will wish everyone else was playing in fpv lol.

I wonder how long it will take for the penny to drop.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Really, i can't wait  to read the shock when these fpvers get their assess handed to them from mobs and players. They will wish everyone else was playing in fpv lol.

I wonder how long it will take for the penny to drop.

Dunno, switching to FPV when you're using a bow or spell might be quite beneficial. Though yeah, I guess the game does have the assisted targeting feature, so that might make it less useful than in other TES games.

Anyhow, some people will enjoy it. You''ve got keyboard turners out there as well, who refuse to step away from that because they enjoy the playstyle. If they don't care, well heck, just let them do whatever.

I'll be sure to switch when it doesn't matter just for giggles, I like these kinds of options that just add to my immersion without taking anything away.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Will not happend

Would not want

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444

Could'nt agree more

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

Not entirely sure if they would make that an option on the Megaserver survey. That of course, is the list of questions that helps determine who to place you with in the game space. It places you with your guildies, those on your friends list, those you've grouped with before and those who have similar interests based off your survey answers. So if there is a question pertaining to whether you prefer to play in first or third person, then it's possible you might be grouped with others that share your playstyle. But I doubt they will do this. The majority of us, I think, will probably freely switch back and forth between first and third person depending on the situation.

There aren't individual servers. There's one North American Megaserver and one European Megaserver. Of course the Megaservers are made up of individual servers but you don't choose which server within the megaserver you play on.

• tavoctavoc Member UncommonPosts: 257

Yes.. uhm. GREAT IDEA AND ALL but uhm..

How exactly would they do this since there are no SHARDS! There is ONE mega server, which is multiple servers (Shards) all linked together as ONE. Posts are null, All comments on here are really null an void.

/headdesk

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    It would be a great idea to have a few FPV only Cyrodiil campaigns.  Most here will not go for it but there is a larger audience (mainly the TES fanatics) that would enjoy the gesture.
  • PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Ah yeah that's a bit extreme, I'm sure they have loads of other stuff to worry about before heading off onto that path. Which incidentally leads to a cliff. 
  • kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215
    You guys are forgetting that this wouldn't even be possible.  There won't be seperate servers at all.  TESO is all going down on what they call a "Mega Server".  Just one,   You sort of get to choose what kind of people you want to play with by default but it's all still the same server.  Little else is really known about though.

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by kDeviL
    You guys are forgetting that this wouldn't even be possible.  There won't be seperate servers at all.  TESO is all going down on what they call a "Mega Server".  Just one,   You sort of get to choose what kind of people you want to play with by default but it's all still the same server.  Little else is really known about though.

They have the Cyrodiil Campaigns which will kind of act like servers and it is the PvP part that would cause unbalance between the viewpoints - so it would make sense to have 1-2 first person view Cyrodiil campaigns.