Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

I am SICK and TIRED of WoW clones

Comments

• GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,476Member Uncommon

It's not what we want fax. It's what MASSES want. Unfortunately, this is the truth and the only thing that concerns suits. Not quality. Only quantity.

That's because we have a faulty payment system. I'd love pay per hour to get ported over to the west. So we can finally see which games are truly profitable and which are not. We'd also see which buyer is just a noise(saw the AD on tv and then played the game for what? 10 hours tops?) and which is a true gamer. That's why I propose for all the games to be pay per hour(even singleplayers!). Because then and only then the quality could trump the quantity.

What an utopia right ;)?

DF's too PvP-y for me, so Thank you but no Thank you. 

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Star CItyPosts: 294Member

SWG pre cu was a proper MMORPG.

Simple as.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Colorado Springs, COPosts: 956Member
    Originally posted by Gorwe

It's not what we want fax. It's what MASSES want. Unfortunately, this is the truth and the only thing that concerns suits. Not quality. Only quantity.

That's because we have a faulty payment system. I'd love pay per hour to get ported over to the west. So we can finally see which games are truly profitable and which are not. We'd also see which buyer is just a noise(saw the AD on tv and then played the game for what? 10 hours tops?) and which is a true gamer. That's why I propose for all the games to be pay per hour(even singleplayers!). Because then and only then the quality could trump the quantity.

What an utopia right ;)?

id still rather my flat monthly rate, those pay per hour thing is actully MMO lounges where the lounge own the account and rents them out via the hour, this is not actully the game itself in most cases.

its kinda like a internet lounge exept your paying for the rental of the game account as well.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Sioux City, IAPosts: 3,828Member

edit: what games you ask? Well, that's bloody visible. WoW clones would be the games like LoTRO, Aion, Rift, WAR, AoC, Tor and their ilk. Furthermore, all of the games that forsake good ideas just because and therefore come out mediocre can(and only can, they aren't) be considered WoW clones(in another, less obvious fashion). This category would entail GW 2, STO, Neverwinter and the like.
    The "forsaking of good ideas" makes a game a WoW Clone? Really?

You are still speaking in very general terms and making a lot, I mean a lot of assumptions based solely upon your personal preferences. The use of the term "mediocre" is what I am basing that statement on. That is a personal thing, not a provable fact. For example, you (1 person + the handful of people agreeing with you) call WoW "mediocre" while 8 million or more players play the game, indicating (and I could very well be wrong here) that they disagree with your assessment.

Personally, I view any game with easy to get to end game similar to WoW, but never a "WoW Clone."

I have a feeling that if you really thought about it, made a list of every game you think is a "WoW Clone" and listed their features side-by-side, you may be surprised.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne LondonPosts: 1,420Member
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by darthbuh

I want carburetors back.

Some things just aren't going to happen.

Waiting for Nelson Eddy & Jeannette MacDonald to return to the top of the charts.

Oh...wait...they are both dead, that could be a problem.

Carburetors are most certainly still used !!!

They are used in motorbikes because of their simplicity.

• mmobootsymmobootsy RotterdamPosts: 48Member

I've tried a lot of titles in the past few months, and I am currently enjoying Darkfall quite a bit, it makes me be really invested and involved in my character.

Yet, is that odd?, I also miss the TAB-targeting and hotbar button cycling of old... Seems almost all new MMOs have "action combat"... Well, Neverwinter has "action combat" but it felt more repetitive than a WoW Shaman combatting...

Ok. There is no need to be sensational anymore :). We're on the page 16!

Anyhow forsaking of good ideas for a potential increase in profits does nothing for me as a gamer. Exactly the opposite in fact. Now, if the increase in profit was guaranteed, I wouldn't complain. But for potential?

And no. Not a WoW clone, but more of a WoW's subgenre of MMOs. Many of games are like that and I don't necessarily like them(or don't like them). It's just that I want the essence to be fun instead of monotonous grind. And has been said, very few true MMORPGs have been made ever since the SWG. Many were MMOs, sure, but MMORPGs?

And as always, a good Community helps tenfold!

Now imagine gameplay of Skyrim with the community of, say, Vanguard's calibre. Add some more MMO things(the ability to be anything-from pauper to king) and that's what I call a right and proper mmorpg(I can only hope that it's the same with you others).

Don't attack anything(apart from bad games/products/etc).

I did that because I knew I could. LoL Tribunal experience :)

Say what you want, but in less vitriolic way. It's ok to disagree with me. I am but a man after all and everyone's got their views/thoughts/etc. But you did use an i word(and that's why you got the warning).

Take care.
  • DestaiDestai Detroit, MIPosts: 574Member

In the genre plagued by uncreative games and by the drive to clone WoW's success, I am looking for good and creative games.

What an oxymoron!

I just can't stand tab target, bland quests, Dungeon grinds, reputation grinds, shallow stories, WoW combat, WoW animations, stand to cast, focus on the endgame, gameworld so bland that players have to bring it to life with an actual Heavy RP, "crafting", ... I mean this has got to end at some point or the other. We've sacrificed Conan, Warhammer, Star Trek, Star Wars, The Elder Scrolls(soon), DnD(Neverwinter- it should've been NWN 3!), LoTR(almost forgot this one lol!)... WHERE DOES THIS STOP???

I agree that we are seeing movement towards both sandboxes and hybrids, but currently we are in the gutter with all the shits, excrements and stuff. Woe be upon this genre...

(I think I'll play TSW+singleplayers until these suits{whose ties are so tight around their necks that they can't think-not enough O2} wake up and realise that you CAN'T REPLICATE WoW's success! Hell, even Blizz can't replicate that "perfect storm", let alone others.)

Is this a good idea? Is anyone else tired of current "MMOs"?

I want MMORPGs back, damn it!!!

What exactly is it you do want?

• RogueJDRogueJD APO, ARPosts: 25Member Uncommon
    Don't attack anything(apart from bad games/products/etc).

I did that because I knew I could. LoL Tribunal experience :)

Say what you want, but in less vitriolic way. It's ok to disagree with me. I am but a man after all and everyone's got their views/thoughts/etc. But you did use an i word(and that's why you got the warning).

Take care.

Don't attack anything?  To hell with that!  I'm attacking ignorance.  Being ignorant != being an idiot; but proclaiming something as fact that is born of ignorance = idiocy.

I attacked your flawed logic, as many in this thread have before me!  I simply did so with more verbose arguments (and likely, hurtful to your pride)!

Kid, you continue to spew flawed logic.  Then you exploit the potential empathy of the moderators (in the context of "personal attacks") to censor something that was contrary to your opinions.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Champaign, ILPosts: 1,558Member Uncommon
    Stop complaining if you can't think up something better yourself.  Devs aren't gods.

• botrytisbotrytis In Flux, MIPosts: 2,567Member

In the genre plagued by uncreative games and by the drive to clone WoW's success, I am looking for good and creative games.

What an oxymoron!

I just can't stand tab target, bland quests, Dungeon grinds, reputation grinds, shallow stories, WoW combat, WoW animations, stand to cast, focus on the endgame, gameworld so bland that players have to bring it to life with an actual Heavy RP, "crafting", ... I mean this has got to end at some point or the other. We've sacrificed Conan, Warhammer, Star Trek, Star Wars, The Elder Scrolls(soon), DnD(Neverwinter- it should've been NWN 3!), LoTR(almost forgot this one lol!)... WHERE DOES THIS STOP???

I agree that we are seeing movement towards both sandboxes and hybrids, but currently we are in the gutter with all the shits, excrements and stuff. Woe be upon this genre...

(I think I'll play TSW+singleplayers until these suits{whose ties are so tight around their necks that they can't think-not enough O2} wake up and realise that you CAN'T REPLICATE WoW's success! Hell, even Blizz can't replicate that "perfect storm", let alone others.)

By your definition TSW is also a WoW clone. But, since you like it , that is different. 

Give it a rest. Everything borrows from everything else any more. There is NO UNIQUE game out there. Just play what you want and stop bellyaching like a spoiled brat.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
    by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Alexandria, VAPosts: 4,561Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

Star Trek Online is a WOW clone now? what?

And people look at me all crazy when i say Wildstar looks like WOW.

They have very VERY similar design, just not settings.

What is that even supposed to mean? 

It means they have similar gameplay mechanics and ui design set in star trek universe.

Rogue, give it a rest. This is a final warning.

I spared you this time...

As for boy: yeah, there aren't. I'll just play whatever is fun(even if that means some shitty old game that nobody ever heard of). I think that's the way to go ->(forward). Even if that means tortanic(*gulp). :)
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member
    Originally posted by faxnadu
    wont happen cause its not developers that are to blame but communities and players. developer's create what majority wants and asks that is how the cookie crumple's.

"blame"? Why should players want whatever they prefer for entertainment? No one is obliged to like what you like.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser ParisPosts: 1,873Member
    Originally posted by tkreep
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

They have very VERY similar design, just not settings.

What is that even supposed to mean? 

It means they have similar gameplay mechanics and ui design set in star trek universe.

So you are telling me that is enough to label SWTOR a WOW clone?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• daltaniousdaltanious waPosts: 2,145Member Uncommon
    To OP, I do not see any problem to copy best part from the best. :-)
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed lalal land, DCPosts: 6,257Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by wowclones

"I am SICK and TIRED of WoW clones"

<------ What did "I" do this time to make you mad?

lols

• akiira69akiira69 San Diego, CAPosts: 590Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Coated
    Originally posted by akiira69
    Originally posted by TheJoda

Wildstar is WoW in space.  If anyone says no they are kidding themselves.

You look at Wildstar and see a "WoW Clone" because you want to see it as a "WoW Clone".  The only one who is kidding themselves is you. 

Wildstar looks just like WOW. The character design is exactly like WOW. The cartoony feel is exactly like WOW. When I called all the previous games WOW clones, it was more directed at features represented in the game. Wildstar, visually, looks like I could take a troll, or an orc, or any character from wow, stick it right into the game and it would mesh perfectly with the environment. Perfectly!

It doesn't just stop at the character either. I could take any background or town or 'you name it', stick it into wildstar and it would go perfectly with the aesthetic.

Now, I can't speak for the game play, because I haven't had a chance to test it. I get the feeling you haven't either. So right now, we get to go off visual representation. Visually, Wildstar and WOW look identical. More so than any MMORPG previously released. The look is so similar, that I'm surprised blizzard hasn't slapped a law suit on that company.

I love how to do so much fake research when you compare and contrast Wildstar and WOW. You look at the images and you ask yourself "How does this game look like World of Warcraft?" Quit comparing the game to WOW and start looking at it as a game unto itself.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Posts: 5,316Member Uncommon

It's pretty darn close to a personal attack, and more than one assumption about his character.

"kid"

"you see it.."

"need for social acceptance..."

As with most things it is not about your message but the way you present it.

Quit worrying about other players in a game and just play.

• AnslemAnslem Ft. Lauderdale, FLPosts: 215Member
    Originally posted by mikuniman
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    you were like the mom that stepped in and told the kids to shut up and act like adults..
    the graphs are out and mathletes are posting, cya

^ funniest thing I've read in awhile. 

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• AkulasAkulas GoldcoastPosts: 1,619Member Uncommon
    Pirates of the Burning sea. I missed that one. Does anyone still play it? Worth getting back into? If not I'll just look for the weekend.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Did you get banned? If you did, I'll do my part(admit the truth)...
  • RogueJDRogueJD APO, ARPosts: 25Member Uncommon

It's a sad day when one can't take criticism, then exploits features to further their own goals.

The worst part is - you probably consider it a victory; a testament that your original argument is actually legit.  How'd you do it?  Multiple accounts?  Are you a pissed-off moderator?

If logic and truth hurt your feelings, you may wish to reconsider your original position.

WoW is a successful game model.  It certainly wasn't the first of its type, nor will it be the last.  To call so many other games "WoW clones" is to demonstrate your complete lack of understanding of game development and publishing.  You cast too wide a net with your statement.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower RdamPosts: 1,245Member

What an oxymoron!

Lol yet another disguised advertisement for wow.

We forum dwellers can say same here, where sick and tired of yet another so called wow clone hate but you guys just love wow and make topics so others also maybe buying wow and join you guys advertise on forums how bad others are cloning wow.

wow fans when will it stop bah:(