It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
A pleasant surprise.
I personally am very happy about what I see with this game. I've really enjoyed playing the last 2 days. I'm so surprised after all the negativity I heard from the CBT players.
A few things about this game I really enjoy:
1. I'm not there yet.. but community instanced housing. I can go into your house if we're in the same neighborhood. They said this will also lead to pvp scenarios down the line
2. ALMOST ALL GEAR HAS A UNIQUE APPEARANCE. After playing games like rift, tera, and god knows how many others I get so sick of 30 different armors but only 3 models. I haven't seen a duplicate yet thus far in the game and I'm only level 20. So they even switch up the noob armor look wooot.
3. Dragon system/pen. It looks like it's going to be so simple and generic, but there's so much more to it. I was under the impression that all dragons had the same ability... but they don't. dragon a could be the same name/kind of dragon as dragon b but have all different abilities. And they have their own "elite skills" where they perform certain processes better than others and farm for you while you're out adventuring/offline. Awesome.
4. Combat. I thought this was going to suck tbh, but it's like a more indepth TERA. IT IS NOT AS ACCURATE as a game like TERA. I find myself being behind a monster and being attacked quite often. BUT the skill combos are not only damn cool, but very useful.
5. Achievements/repeatable quests. Wait what repeatable quests? You get items to buy stuff off the cash shop from doing repeatables. Sayyy whaaaaaaa?!? Yeah, it's pretty sweet. Without even an attempt at farming I'm already up to 100 dragons seashell looking currency (sorry offline and can't remember exact name) which is enough to buy a few things already.
what I don't enjoy:
1. Okay new quest objective is.... SYS81048_ISJF Alright! I know exactly what to do. I know the quests are self explanatory, but this is really annoying. This is like stuff they should have fixed in alpha.
2. The need to level up charisma. I'm a tank, but I want a dragon. No problem. I'm a tank, but I want a RARE dragon. Problem. I spent over an hour last night trying to capture the rare dragon lockjaw. I bought food, which sat me at around 79 chr for a level 22 dragon. I understand it should be hard, but the amount of rage I had. I was already reaching for my card to buy cash shop dragon capture potions but I just shut the game off instead. (very smart move SOE as it's already the #1 seller haha). Now my 79 chr is only 3 points behind my str, and 6 behind my constitution. As any class this kind of sucks. I understand it's a privilege to have a Rare dragon, but I shouldn't have to base my character around it.
3. crafting mats. So if you don't npc your items you're going to fill up your bag about every 10 minutes. What do with items? Craft. Which sounds great until you get to the crafting tables and notice that although you're 40/40 and your bank is full too with crafting mats... you can't craft anything. I always have issues getting enough of certain mats here and there to craft. Frustrating to me at least. (and yes I have dragons farming me mats at least 2/5 hours of their process.
4. Group finder. Is this thing broke? No one I've talked to (guild included) has had a single party being made from this. It also feels like even though OB just started people aren't even taking time to do the dungeons as they level (something I actually really enjoyed in WoW)
5. The bulky character designs. You can customize your own, but when you first open up the create-a-character you see some guy that looks like a white version of the 1980's live action tv show hulk. I thought the game was going to have awful graphics at first and all the models be ugly due to not only this, but the lousy look of all the characters in the tutorial. (not a big deal, but I'm starting to reach for things I don't like)
6. 4 Classes. I feel we could use a healer. I know dragon souls can give you the ability to heal, but I'd like a healing class. It would also be nice to have a thief sort of class in there as well. Also... wtf gunblades? No knives/daggers in game but there are gunblades lol
Only level 20, but this is the best experience for a new mmo I've played in a long while.