Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

With the proper polish this game will dominate diablo 3

RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Playing 2 days now i can say that the game feels more like diablo than the actual diablo 3.

The only problem is that there are annoying bugs here and there but as soon as they are addressed the game will become masterpiece.

I encourage every diablo fan to give it a try even if he is not a marvel fan because after playing the game he will become one.

I cant imagine what is going to happen with 40 characters on the roaster after some time and numerous other additions.

This game has the greatest potential i have ever seen

Comments

• XDrLoboXDrLobo Member UncommonPosts: 8

Ah , for once, somebody with a positive attitude :)

Sure the game needs polish here and there ... but overall since the beta it's been great fun ... today is launch day so let's keep our fingers crossed for everything to go smoothly as possible !

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

hmmm might give it a try.

thanks.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I love ARPGs, I'll give this one a shot too.

But just to clarify does it feel more like Diablo or Diablo II (I enjoyed both - but they were very different in all but top down gameplay aspects)?

• kiltakkiltak Member Posts: 103

I played it and wasn't impressed. In fact the game is flat out stupid. I'm sorry If I'm playing Hulk I don't want to be in game where there are 100 other hulks running around. If I'm going to play a Marvel MMO I want the ability to create a new Superhero with my own powers and be a unique character, not a carbon copy.

Not to mention that all the starting characters you get to choose from are lame as hell. Then there is the fact that the game is flat boring. Watching paint dry is more interesting the Marvel Heroes.

No I'd rather play D3 thank you very much.

• kiltakkiltak Member Posts: 103
    Originally posted by Rusque

I love ARPGs, I'll give this one a shot too.

But just to clarify does it feel more like Diablo or Diablo II (I enjoyed both - but they were very different in all but top down gameplay aspects)?

Lets put it this way if you played Marvel: Ultimate Alliance then you have an idea how Marvel Heroes plays. 

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354
    The game has a few positives going for it and if you are a marvel fan it definitely scratches an itch. That being said, I nearly fell out of my chair laughing(seriously) when I read the topic. Even with what a mess D3 is, there is no way this game will be more popular or more successful. It will be it's own game and fun for a large but specific group. I am more concerned about how much content they can bring to the game. I played extensively during closed and open beta but canceled my pre-order because there really just wasn't that much content even in what the devs were promising was coming. I am hopeful that they can find enough financial success to support further development and I hope they do that rather than just cash out and let it flounder.

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

I don't Compare it to Diablo 3 what so ever. This game  is just Marvel: Ultimate Alliance only 1 hero instead of 4.

This isn't bashing the game, but it isn't new or ground breaking, not by a long shot. it will be fun to goof with.

• XDrLoboXDrLobo Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by huskie77
    there is no way this game will be more popular or more successful. It will be it's own game and fun for a large but specific group.

More succesful than a blizzard game, no chance, but i bet marvel characters are more popular than diablo characters so maybe it will indeed be popular ... and remember its supposed to be F2P so anyone with knowledge that the game exist can give it a try and really, who doesnt like a good hack and slash now and then ... so imo there is potential !

Regarding D3 well , it has the established blizzard crowd going for it but really i'm having more fun with marvel, or torchlight2, or van helsing .... well i even played titan quest two days ago but diablo3 i haven't even reinstalled on my new machine... don't know why since i liked the game basically but i'm not having fun with it ... not saying it is a bad game ok ?

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Ill stick with Van Helsing/path of exile, alot better then marvel heroes.

Hope ex-Iron Lore of Titan Quest will release superb aRPG then this marvel crap.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I had so much hope for this game and I was so let down.  I hope others can find this game enjoyable, but it clearly wasn't what I wanted to expected.
  • Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

LOL!

I'm sorry, but, this game is a such a major fail!

In my opinion, it won't last 6 months.

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    Could tbere be a forum archive thread with nothing but posts over the years about how X game will "beat , surpass , dominate , kill etc" WoW or D3 ?

While it says nothing to the quality of a game , still , to actually say a game is going "dominate" the game that set all sorts of sales records is just plain silly.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

If you like arpgs you'll like this one but the real appeal to the game imo was the ability to play lots of different heroes. This is were I really don't understand the games cash shop.

At $20 a hero who do they think is going to be buying multiple heroes ? At $3-5 each I probably would of bought lots of heroes over time, but at the price they went for it's just a ripoff. People tend not to spend money on things they feel are not worth it. Not only will they buy fewer total they probably wont buy anything.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Cant do worse then Diablo 3 tbh :P

• VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Cant do worse then Diablo 3 tbh :P

Agreed.

Besides, Path of Exile already dominates Diablo 3, that game simply isn't very good as it's predecessors were.

So I got home today and downloaded MH right away and started playing.

Um . . . yeah . . . it's not even in the same league as D3. The first Torchlight is even miles better than this thing. OP is smoking some crack.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Originally posted by Rusque

So I got home today and downloaded MH right away and started playing.

Um . . . yeah . . . it's not even in the same league as D3. The first Torchlight is even miles better than this thing. OP is smoking some crack.

I bought Torchlight while waiting for D3 to come out and it sucked. So boring. Marvel is bad in my opinion but I enjoyed it  a lot more than Torchlight. To each their own obviously though :)

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    D3 isnt the competition Path of Exile is.
    Originally posted by Lumm

Marvel heroes probably has a larger playerbase than PoE already.

Although I will admit, I enjoyed the ever loving hell out of PoE for a month straight. I played it pretty much every non working/sleeping hour I had.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Not sure how a superhero game can feel more Hellish then Diablo, ya got me there.  I do agree that D3 wasn't as good as D2 or as dark of a adventure, but this more Diablo then D3, um nope!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Lumm

D3 sold 14.5M boxes, and way more people are playing D3 than PoE. Just look at the ranking on xfire.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

I played the beta, and i am downloading the official release now.

This game is pretty good, but needs polish. It is less polish, for example, compared to Marvel Ultimate Alliance, not to mention D3.

However, it is different enough from D3, and MUA is quite old, so this is the only new marvel ARPG in town.

• jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Originally posted by kiltak

I played it and wasn't impressed. In fact the game is flat out stupid. I'm sorry If I'm playing Hulk I don't want to be in game where there are 100 other hulks running around. If I'm going to play a Marvel MMO I want the ability to create a new Superhero with my own powers and be a unique character, not a carbon copy.

Not to mention that all the starting characters you get to choose from are lame as hell. Then there is the fact that the game is flat boring. Watching paint dry is more interesting the Marvel Heroes.

But you will play D3 with the 1000 other Monks playing beside you?  That makes no sense.  Diablo3 has 5 different classes?  And Marvel Heroes Online has 24 starting Classes alone...Not to mention, there are over 200 Marvel heroes for Gazillion to add to this game.  Your logic fails.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

NOT if it keeps having problems with its launch. early access was delayed... buggy, log in errors, download errors, and lag is a problem. I hope things get better since I bought the Avengers Assemble Premium pack.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by kiltak

Agreed I may have been interested if you could make your own superhero but predetermined ones suck.