Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New AH exploit NOT a rumor

Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405

Read all about it here right the Neverwinter forums.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

This was never a rumour, this has been in the game since closed beta. It's kinda funny now the the cat is out of the bag, so to speak..lol

Now that the cat is out of the bag, I can confirm that on the dragon shard the enchantment market for wep/armour enchantments is now on a all time low.In other words there is a negative value of the enchantments. With that I mean if I buy 4 of the enchantments and a coalesced ward of the ah and then want to sell it I lose ad so it has become cheaper to buy any of the lesser /normal / greater enchantments then making them yourself.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Originally posted by Kumapon

This was never a rumour, this has been in the game since closed beta. It's kinda funny now the the cat is out of the bag, so to speak..lol

I know I have alpha and beta tested the game just posting it here as like you say it is "out of the bag".  Seems this is the only way PWE gets "poop" fixed.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• lolunaticlolunatic Member Posts: 108

The cat was out of the bag when I saw the CRYPTIC label. Seriously does that company ever put out quality games? Uh, NO!.....

• DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392

The funny thing is, the same morons who complain about how this stuff ruins the economy and game in general are the ones posting about the exploit all over forums.   This only exasperates the problem, causing more of an issue than not.   Just report it in game, don't use it (because you know they will ban you) and move on.  

Or of course you can tell the world, collapse the economy by making said exploit public, and cause mass hysteria and demand a wipe.....idiots.. 

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

Originally posted by Daranar

The funny thing is, the same morons who complain about how this stuff ruins the economy and game in general are the ones posting about the exploit all over forums.   This only exasperates the problem, causing more of an issue than not.   Just report it in game, don't use it (because you know they will ban you) and move on.  

Or of course you can tell the world, collapse the economy by making said exploit public, and cause mass hysteria and demand a wipe.....idiots.. 

Bah this has been known since betas, they couldn't be bothered to fix even though it was reported along with numerous other bugs/exploits.

The economy has been screwed since the first week of OB. What you think the  peeps that are quietly using this exploit on the backs of those that are not should be able to keep on doing so?

Making it widely known seems to be the only way to get this kind of thing fixed as normal reporting seems to have no effect.

Idiots indeed!

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    City of Heroes.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Sad part is they will claim it's new and that they "reacted quickly to fix it" like they claimed  with the last exploit.

Some of us will know that for the lie and marketing BS it is and some will white knight em... it's almost funny at this point.

• Ichabod_CraneIchabod_Crane Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    City of Heroes.

Only thing cryptic did right.  Although there wasn't a AH in that game for a while.

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Originally posted by lolunatic

The cat was out of the bag when I saw the CRYPTIC label. Seriously does that company ever put out quality games? Uh, NO!.....

Appears that lolunatic may have the truth of the matter. 

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Looks like they took the post down
  • azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

guys its still in beta ;)

/facepalm

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Iceman2036
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    City of Heroes.

Only thing cryptic did right.  Although there wasn't a AH in that game for a while.

Cryptic didn't do CoH right. The game didn't really get good till after they bailed on it to make champions. Positron and his team made city of heroes the classic super heroes game it's now known for.

• glissonglisson Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by azmundai

/facepalm

Games that allow you to spend money are no longer in "Beta". All Free to play games say they are in open beta when they really mean the game is live and they opened the cash shop. The beta isn't really a beta anymore as there is no longer a wipe and people will keep there characters and equipment etc. Only reason they call it beta is so if they run into problems they can just pin it on o we still in beta....

Originally posted by mcrippins
    Looks like they took the post down

Yep nothing to see here, there are no exploits going on in the game, there will be no roll-back for this..---PWE

• tarodintarodin Member UncommonPosts: 128
    hahahahah what a company OMG!!!!
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

"guys its still in beta ;)"

/facepalm

fixed that for ya

Can't believe people are still trying to use that excuse for the complete shit storm known as Neverwinter.  One would hope, no matter how doubtful, that WotC get off their asses and light a fire under Cryptics ass since it is their IP their destroying.

So what is it gonna be?  An EotM (Exploit of the Month) with Neverwinter?  Seriously, how incompetent is their team to have exploit after exploit going on?

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

i know it will sounds stupid, but... "ROFL" ... that's all what i can say about this game ...

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Taken tha money in beta aint realy a beta aint it ?
    its more a cover up like Game is as good as 100% start throwing money and if it fails we dont give a shit and start a new project for those same retards throwing money at us again !!!! and again !!!!!

because why make good games when the world is just throwing cash at the screens before its a quality product !

Keep feeding those company's with your cash so they can continue creating crap :)
    Once a company goes on my shitlist they need to 1st prove themselves a whole lot more before i spend 1 cent at it.

Keep supporting those money grabbers and more and more shit gets released.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

you guys... so picky. Don't you know what beta means ? 

They will fix it before release, don't you trust them ? 

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by H.Coelho

Do YOU know what beta means?

No wipes.  No limited concentrated play sessions (aka Beta Weekends).  No refunds on pre-orders/Founders pack.  Full access like at a launch.  They are accepting money for their Cash Shop.

Every aspect of the game defies what a Beta means, or should mean.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529
    Originally posted by furbans

Do YOU know what beta means?

No wipes.  No limited concentrated play sessions (aka Beta Weekends).  No refunds on pre-orders/Founders pack.  Full access like at a launch.  They are accepting money for their Cash Shop.

Every aspect of the game defies what a Beta means, or should mean.

/sarcasm

Originally posted by furbans Originally posted by H.Coelho you guys... so picky. Don't you know what beta means ?    They will fix it before release, don't you trust them ? 
    Do YOU know what beta means? No wipes.  No limited concentrated play sessions (aka Beta Weekends).  No refunds on pre-orders/Founders pack.  Full access like at a launch.  They are accepting money for their Cash Shop. Every aspect of the game defies what a Beta means, or should mean.
    /sarcasm

I think he was joking there...lol

• HeafstaggHeafstagg Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by Kumapon

Originally posted by furbans

Originally posted by H.Coelho you guys... so picky. Don't you know what beta means ?    They will fix it before release, don't you trust them ? 
    Do YOU know what beta means? No wipes.  No limited concentrated play sessions (aka Beta Weekends).  No refunds on pre-orders/Founders pack.  Full access like at a launch.  They are accepting money for their Cash Shop. Every aspect of the game defies what a Beta means, or should mean.
    /sarcasm

I think he was joking there...lol

I can see the implied joke but I get why he was confused. There still seems to be a decent chunk of people out there that still like to use the "open beta" as an excuse for a companies blunders while that said company is raking in the cash.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    Originally posted by glisson

/facepalm

Games that allow you to spend money are no longer in "Beta". All Free to play games say they are in open beta when they really mean the game is live and they opened the cash shop. The beta isn't really a beta anymore as there is no longer a wipe and people will keep there characters and equipment etc. Only reason they call it beta is so if they run into problems they can just pin it on o we still in beta....

NO. It's in BETA as long as the developer says it is not you or anyone else and not based on some rules you make up.

The problem are morons that spend money on BETA games and then whine about how its broken and buggy. Stop giving them money until they release a stable version and the problem is solved. They will most likely go bankrupt before the game is even completely patched if no one gives them any money.

How is this not obvious?

Originally posted by Heafstagg

I can see the implied joke but I get why he was confused. There still seems to be a decent chunk of people out there that still like to use the "open beta" as an excuse for a companies blunders while that said company is raking in the cash.

Here is a novel idea: How about not giving these companies money? Problem solved, no more shitty beta or even shitty so called released games. Players just need to stop wasting their money on Founders editions and paid betas.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479

PWE/Cryptic honestly is the laughingstock of the mmo world when it comes to Q/A and coding/exploits.

It's almost daily on Reddit and other specific guild sites you can find an exploit reported for days , abused , and then finally Cryptic decides to do something.

Any white knight want to excuse PWE for yet another exploit ?

This discussion has been closed.