Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classes/Race

rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
 I'm thinking of going champion elf. Is this a good choice or is there better?

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Comments

• jeep21243jeep21243 Member Posts: 178
    when spellcrafting was released anyone can be anything.  just alter your stats to make up for the weaker ones.

• hardwarehardware Member Posts: 11

I made a elf champion and loved it.  If making a champ the main spec is 50 valor/LW 27parry rest in sheild should be able to spec up to 10;)

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     I'm looking for something in the albion realm.

• hardwarehardware Member Posts: 11
    Well since you were looking at a hybrid type in hib i think you have 2 in alb.  Paladin or a reaver.

i'm thinking paladin, maybe whichever ones best for RvR.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820
    If you go paladin get ready to spend tons of time in groups. It is a hard class to play.

Kiamde

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• Sensei_KaelsSensei_Kaels Member Posts: 277
    reaver is made to find stelathers and kill them, but i think that you, rathma, would enjoy the friar class alot. they do big dmg, and have great defense.. and one  of the best pve fighters (they can solo low purple ) *purple is highest con of monsters..

also, paladins arent very good IMO. and if u put any in shield go 42 for SLAM, 9sec stun, very good.

also, if u want big dmg, go berzerker-friar-or savage. they do best in rvr. if you go caster do something with aedot or pbae. meaning cabalist-mana chanter..something like that.

I'll look into those, thanks for the suggestions, keep 'em comin' image

• PravusPravus Member Posts: 34

Zerkers do good dmg, not great anymore since they were nerfed.  Savages were nerfed this last patch 1.65, dmg decreased a ton from what I hear from the boards. 

If you still want albion and want to have some fun i'd recommend this.....

Merc , pain to level , great fun in endgame RvR (lvl 50) and does good dmg.

Friar, easier to level easy to get groups (healing) great support class in RvR but you will be hanging out with the wizards a lot because if you charge out you'll get hammered in your "robes."

Reaver, easy to level, can chain oj's until your fingers fall off with minimum downtime, endgame is pretty good although your huge dmg dealers (leviathon) are positional attacks and are sometimes (very often) hard to pull off because the smart players know this and can recognize reavers and they dance often (move around)

If you want a different realm let me know, ill post good info on the other realms.  I've been thinking of rejoining the game myself but i'm trying not to, I'd rather wait until one of the other games comes out.

Pravus

How about midgard?

sorry rathma, i wasnt aware about the nerfs to savage, but i was around when the LA nerf happened. reavers are good, and the guy who posted on their last style being hard to pull off cuz its back positional is right. so i guess you'de want to go reaver-merc-friar-warrior(defensive) warrior is heavily armed with shield and whatever weapon (u can go 2handed if u want). merc use duel weild. i havent played one since they are a pain to level, but they are good in end game, as i hear. like the merc, the reaver is a light tank. they got a spell that helps them unstealth stealthers..which can be handy.. other then that only their lifetap is worth it. i played a reaver and they were ok, but cuz of si i lagged and quit him. i had a high lvl friar, they have great offense and good defense. yes they wear robes, but their abs buff and evade abilities make them great at defense, also it allows them to pull off evade styles well. all of these classes have decent to great defense. (least being mercinary and best being warrior) and great offense, if put in the right position. i recommend that you try reaver or friar, as i enjoyed them more then merc-warrior. since those 2 are basically no spells, pure melee. the 2 i mentioned are more fun.

btw, before the left axe/savage nerf, they were the shit. savages had insane back style/stun.., and zerker had a crazy anytime style, it costed high endurance, but because of shaman end regen it wasnt a problem. thats why shadowblades were so good, its because they got to use left axe anytime style and that made em have an edge against other stealthers. also because they could perf with a 2handed weapon, unlike other stealthers.

btw if u make a caster, make a matter cabby, they fun, and a mana chanter

also, one more thing.

friars>all the other melee in pve. so they easier and more fun to level :) the only thing that they lack, would be an isntant ae mez, ive had my ideas for the perfect class..heh

high dmg, good defense, insta pbae, insta DOT, insta AEmez, insta bolt(2), stealth, unlimited skill pts, able to use bow/arrow, able to use volley, mana regen passive ability... something long those lines

As for Midgard I would look into either a skald or a healer.  Skald simply because they are fun.  Yes they are a support group but you will NEVER not find a group in RvR endgame.  Leveling shouldn't be hard either as they have a group run (everyone LOVES this) and you can instant mez.  They also have two instant dmg chants they can cast every 15 secs (new patch.)  Skalds are just plain fun if you ask me. 

A healer is midgards primary healer (duh)  Sounds boring right?  Wrong they are also one of if not THE most important char in Midgard as they are the primarty crowd control for midgard.  True you have no offensive ability but you can stand back, mez people all day heal your group, and watch them smash your foes to death.  Groups will never ever be a problem.

Just remember though, that the leveling in DAOC is a long long windmill of the same crap.  Some people like it, I hate it.  It's not fun, theres nothing to it, the quests are just not fun.  All the camps are normally taken (good camps)  Just remember I said that right around when your lvl 40ish and your logging in for 5 hours a night for 1/2 a bub cause you keep dieing.  :)

Ask anything you'd like to know, ive been with the game (not currently) for 2 years so I know quite a bit about it (not all)  BUt I sure do like to help

Pravus

Well since i've heard it takes soo long to level in DAoC i'd probably won't one of the fastest levelers in DAoC(that doesn't suck though) because i will only have this game until WoW comes out which could be in 4 months or even 12 months. I'm thinking about friar they sound pretty neat, any other suggestions for a fast leveler?

Necro's are super fast levelers, but you said you wanted an easier option....so I would undoubtedly go for a friar.  Its great fun, easy grouping, and you actually look kewl swirling around smacking someone with a huge stick. 

If friar isn't your cup of tea, try a cabalist.  Its another pet class that has easy soloability and is fun in RvR because of DOT's (dmg over time) spells that piss people off but they do good dmg.  Your pet will keep people off of you for a few secs, usually enough time for you to escape.  Another good class to try out is a Theurg.  Those are very fun, but you gotta know how to use em. 

Pravus

is friar a pet class? eeww..

No Friar isn't a pet class.  Its a great solo class.

Looks like i'm going with the friar or cleric, most likely friar, im getting the game tomorrow image

• jeep21243jeep21243 Member Posts: 178
    necromancer is the best solo'er in the game with bone dancer coming in a close second

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820
    Friars are a blast to play. I made a lvl 11 on Lancelot and it is pretty nice. Think of him as a troll Shaman.image Be sure to go Merlin. Midguard is getting too crowded and it is getting easier to beat albion.

Kiamde

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

I'm in Albion on Merlin with a friar briton. The game isn't working too well though, everything in the game is flashing and trees are appearing out of nowhere. I'm trying to fix i but now i can't even get on it says it's updating.