Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thor

RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208
Can I play any toon without spending any real life cash?

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

Comments

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440

you have to grind for a rare drop for him or buy him from the AH.

But you can't get him straight up at the beginning without paying.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• NoLimit5401NoLimit5401 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by Xirik

you have to grind for a rare drop for him or buy him from the AH.

But you can't get him straight up at the beginning without paying.

Don't get discouraged by the term grind there. From what I saw in beta and read on the forums, is that many people seemed to get at least 1 or 2 character on their way to max level, some claimed upwards of 3 or 4. Costumes on the other hand seemed to be the rare grind for items.

Don't forget that you get your choice of 5(i think it was) characters when you start and by the time you finish the Raft, you get a second character for finishing the final quest. I believe that is only good once per account, not per character you level.

At this point though, I haven't kept up with any info for about 2 weeks, so not sure anything has changed significantly in regards to character drops. Good luck though, Thor was the last character I played in Beta, other then Cable, Thor was so beast it was ridiculous.

• VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155

Thor is OP, which is just fine as far as i am concerned, anything less regarding that character would be disappointing, after all the God of thunder is second to none...well except Odin the allfather.

I know balance and all that is important, but for a game in which PVE is more or less a primary focus second rate characters such as Hawkeye, Black Widow and similar bunch shouldn't be able to dish out more punishment then the Asgardian.

All in all if they wanted a perfectly balanced game with iconic marvel characters then destroyers such as Thor, Silver Surfer or Hulk shouldn't even be there in the first place.

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by NoLimit5401

Don't get discouraged by the term grind there. From what I saw in beta and read on the forums, is that many people seemed to get at least 1 or 2 character on their way to max level, some claimed upwards of 3 or 4. Costumes on the other hand seemed to be the rare grind for items.

The OP is looking specifically to play Thor.  If that is all they are looking to play, they could have a long wait in store.  Character drops are rare. The chance of one of those being Thor is much rarer. You could end up with multiple copies of other heroes and still not see the one you want. 

On the other hand, you could get it on the first drop. 

There is no way of knowing when, or if, you'll get the one hero you want.  It's better to approach it with realistic expectations. 

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

I don't think Thor is one of the ones you can pick to start...  I know daredevil, and black widow are... and if you pick one, the other is locked.

My first character unlock from a quest was "the thing", not that great. But better than nothing, i've also had XP, and rare drop potions as well as a retcon potion from quests.

i'm level 18

i'm spiderman (bought that pack, i only use the original costume) mostly because spidey still cracks me up "i always assume anything Fisk owns is a front, or a fast food joint.. cuz you know he's fat",  or after i dodged electro event "thunder and lightening very very frightening".

Some people would find his one liners annoying, me.. i like them, especially the cutscenes ! 

Thor is currently just under the highest characters.. i'll give you a rough idea. 500G $5, 1000G $10, 2100 - $20

Black Widow, Storm, Hawkeye - 600g each

cable - 900G

Thor, hulk, america - 1200G each 

Deadpool, ironman - 2000G

You'll get a basic inventory but can unlock each characters inventory for 350G for their hero specific stuff (but the inventory you get is more than enough)

There are also 100G fortune cards which have a chance to give costumes etc... i got a pet when i tried it. Not a pet i'll ever use.

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by describable

I don't think Thor is one of the ones you can pick to start...  I know daredevil, and black widow are... and if you pick one, the other is locked.

My first character unlock from a quest was "the thing", not that great. But better than nothing, i've also had XP, and rare drop potions as well as a retcon potion from quests.

Black Widow is NOT a starting character. 

The starters are Storm, Thing, Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, and Hawkeye

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

What i have noticed, Heroes that cost more then others are better too.

guess thats one way get money hehe.