Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'll save ya a couple hours on download, character creation and subsequent uninstall.

pfcgriffpfcgriff Member Posts: 26

Title sums it up mostly. This game is bad, its like an ugly, extra bad Tera. 

The combat is clunky and boring.

The interface is terribly clunky.

The game looks like it was built on an engine from 2003.  Max settings at 100+ FPS.

The voice acting makes Saturday Syfy movies look like Oscar winners. 

The cut-scenes just pop in what appears to be randomly. 

To be fair this is with about an hour of play time, which is why I did not even comment on story, lore or anything else really.

I wouldn't even tell my friends I tried it much less advise them to give it a shot.  

Comments

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    For any of its faults, my wife and I are enjoying it. It's a relaxing change of pace and deceptively deeper then it looks. To each their own. It wouldn't ever be my main MMO, but since it's free, I'll play it as long as I'm enjoying it. So far, we're having fun.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

That's your opinion, I also find it fun and the dragons taming aspect a nice touch. It's FTP and worth a try, Run the download at bed time, problem solved.

• LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by mikuniman

Run the download at bed time, problem solved.

The download only took me like 10 minutes. I decided to see how bad this game would be and I was actually kind of surprised. The game isn't really that bad. I mean it's F2P, so expectations shouldn't be too high. I've played it for a couple of hours and it actually gets a little better if you start crafting etc.. Can't say I'm impressed with the repetitive combat or the lack of proofreading in the quest texts. However, I could actually see this as a fun way to kill some time. It would never be my main MMO, but I've had fun playing it none the less - which is shocking because its SOE and they tend to ruin everything they touch.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by Leiros
    Originally posted by mikuniman

Run the download at bed time, problem solved.

The download only took me like 10 minutes. I decided to see how bad this game would be and I was actually kind of surprised. The game isn't really that bad. I mean it's F2P, so expectations shouldn't be too high. I've played it for a couple of hours and it actually gets a little better if you start crafting etc.. Can't say I'm impressed with the repetitive combat or the lack of proofreading in the quest texts. However, I could actually see this as a fun way to kill some time. It would never be my main MMO, but I've had fun playing it none the less - which is shocking because its SOE and they tend to ruin everything they touch.

^Same DL was quick, same as it took me to figure out game wasn't even ready for a "open beta" launch.  I was looking forward to this one with all the dragons and taming options, yet again disappointed by SOE.....I hope they come out swinging with EQnext!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The voice acting and cut scenes are bad, but everything else (and it does have flaws) is still alot of fun for me so far.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• isslingissling Member UncommonPosts: 162

Just another one of those games where the mobs are packed in a dense area attacking an npc or doing nothing. Look at mini map collect five quests bust them all out at the same time within thirty yards rinse and repeat:(

Why can't they create a world that just isn't in your face from the get go? I mean really just walk to the edge of the starting area and look at all the mobs and what they are doing and ask yourself why they are there.

I like the premise of some of these games, just wish they would treat them more like a world and not an app.

• pfcgriffpfcgriff Member Posts: 26

Two sides to every coin I guess. Glad you guys are enjoying it. Maybe I'm just jaded, or my expectations are just too high. 

I wish someone would put out a really good, high quality game. There have been some decent ones but nothing has really grabbed me since I left EQ2 after the Kunark expansion. 

I've played most everything to come out in the last 6 or so years and the quality seems to be going down when it should be going up. 

Every game has a gimmick and that is all it has. TOR did story, Tera did the action combat thing. Rift did open events. ETC. 

TSW is the only game that was truly ambitious but its strength was its weakness in its great story lines, quests and the Investigations specifically. Once they were done you end up standing around saying "Well now what".

I guess I'm looking for a sand park. Something like early SWG, there are quests and such but you can make your own fun too. 

Seems every game like that also goes with the full loot, super hardcore, PVP model and that just isn't fun to me. 

• UlorikUlorik Member UncommonPosts: 179

I actually like the combo-aspect of fighting, also the pokemon dragon metagame.

For a FTP its not bad, also the chest size, chest width, chest angle and cleavage options appeal to me ;)

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

Oh its bad, like most f2p based mmorpgs. The hook is in the dragon taming. You kind of want to see which dragon is in the next zone and the one past that, and the one past that. If you havent realized it by now, most "dragons" are just recolored variations of the same one and their skills are rarely much different, nor are there stats. Its all smoke and mirrors to make you think its some greater complex system with unique dragons to find...when in reality its anything but that. They also intentionally let items drop that are higher level than you, even from equal level mobs. Why? Because you will want to keep playing just to use that item which is 1 to 2 levels away, rinse and repeat.

If you can analyze whats going on, you see a fairly shallow and generic mmorpg presented in a different way but using all the same tricks to pull that doh out of you and keep you playing.

These games rarely keep someone occupied long term. You play, burn out, and move onto another f2p game. They know their audience and its why they rarely put any serious effort into the quality or design of the game. Better to  release, and begin work on the next "mass" produced game. f2p gamers hop around just looking for the next distraction. p2p gamers are more about establishing a long term commitment and usually are given far more quality in return.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    These kind of games are why I have been posting on these forums and watching tv more than actually playing the games, nice thing is I have trimmed down my pc hardware so far that I'm not really invested in it anymore.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Rabenwolf

Oh its bad, like most f2p based mmorpgs. The hook is in the dragon taming. You kind of want to see which dragon is in the next zone and the one past that, and the one past that. If you havent realized it by now, most "dragons" are just recolored variations of the same one and their skills are rarely much different, nor are there stats. Its all smoke and mirrors to make you think its some greater complex system with unique dragons to find...when in reality its anything but that. They also intentionally let items drop that are higher level than you, even from equal level mobs. Why? Because you will want to keep playing just to use that item which is 1 to 2 levels away, rinse and repeat.

If you can analyze whats going on, you see a fairly shallow and generic mmorpg presented in a different way but using all the same tricks to pull that doh out of you and keep you playing.

These games rarely keep someone occupied long term. You play, burn out, and move onto another f2p game. They know their audience and its why they rarely put any serious effort into the quality or design of the game. Better to  release, and begin work on the next "mass" produced game. f2p gamers hop around just looking for the next distraction. p2p gamers are more about establishing a long term commitment and usually are given far more quality in return.

There is a decent selection of dragons. Yes some are just different reskins, but there are probably 20-25ish different models, if you take out the different coloured variants.

Also what are you talking about with the skills? You can catch the same type of dragon twice and it will have completely different skills. One I tamed had taunts, and another had heals. Merging and training dragons to have the optimal skills you want is the real meat of this game.

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291
    Originally posted by pfcgriff

Agree 100%

Finally someone else that knows how bad SyFy channel's Saturday night movies are, LMAO. I couldn't stop laughing after reading that line.

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438

i find it a very fun game with lots of depth if you spend some time on it. The fighting is really fun once you learn all the combos and the enhancement of gears and other stuff that make a lot of difference to how you fight.

I am not gone on the graphics and sound effects but it is no worse than a lot of mmos out there.

Dragons when you train them up have tons of different strategy and the crafting is really fun and actually has some use.

Once you get past 15 you can chose from a ton of different spells and ability and more open up later on so you can make your character really how you want with them and different dragons fighting with you.

but i do understand why a lot of players wont like this game as it can be hard to play if your used to simple games like WoW ect.

The station cash stuff is just fluff and stuff to help you but if you don't want the easy way then you never have to spend s penny.

With all the titles that give you stats and guild advancement and achievements and daily quests that give you station stuff so if you really want something you can get most of it by just doing your daily/weekly and monthly quests.

One of the cool things about dragons is where you can train them to get crafting mats for you even when your of line.

This game i think will keep me going until EQN is released and that all i need .

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    One of the worst mmos I ever played.
  • allendale5allendale5 Member Posts: 124

My favorite part of this game was the character creation.  I don't know why, but I can spend an hour designing my character in games that have decent character creation systems.  This one is a bit different but I liked it for some reason.  After that, however, I personally could not find much to hold my attention for too long.  The dragon taming was a bit of fun at first I suppose.  The cut scenes were not really transitioned very well, but they at least gave it a go.  Got a couple of hours of enjoyment out of this game after character creation, but I think some of you might enjoy it for a bit longer.  

As far as I'm concerned, if a game can add something new to the MMO genre, even it is just slightly new, then it is worth noting.  This game did not hold my interest but they gave us this dragon taming thing.  Neverwinter online did not hold my interest for very long either, but I still appreciate it because it laid the groundwork for improved foundry systems in future games.  As long as a game can add one piece of the puzzle to the future ultimate MMO, then it is not a waste imho.

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Downloaded. Installed. Played 5 min of the tutorial. Uninstalled. Those are minutes of my life I will NEVER get back.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • Demmi77Demmi77 Member UncommonPosts: 229

so far after a couple hours, i like the combat.

it seems like it has depth and i really love the fact i can allocate stats again...geeze i miss that.

the cutscenes were pretty bad with the lipsyncing , reminded me of an old kung fu theatre movie. the graphics are smooth compared to a lot of recently released mmo's. I am not in awe over them or despise them. Music was kinda good enjoyed it.

crafting seems to have some depth and the game itself in terms of customization has some depth.

i'll play around with it some more and see how it goes. it has potential for sure. The could really spend more time on the tutorial though as im drunk it's kinda hard to learn lol.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

To be fair this is with about an hour of play time...

So, a worthless opinion and a waste of time posting it for us to read, as well.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

the OP has some good points.. but at the end of the day its f2p and most people these days have a fast enough net connection not to worry about the download..

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Vayman
    For any of its faults, my wife and I are enjoying it. It's a relaxing change of pace and deceptively deeper then it looks. To each their own. It wouldn't ever be my main MMO, but since it's free, I'll play it as long as I'm enjoying it. So far, we're having fun.

I usually at least give all games a try but i had little confidence in this game when i heard it was just a Dragon only game.Then the stat system merely sounded like what dragon you picked was your build,not much depth sounding there.

Point is,can you explain some of the depth the game has because i really like games with depth in it's systems.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • archy1985archy1985 Member Posts: 11

max settings at 100 fps + says the retard.

when players with gtx680 / hd 7970 are strugling at 50 fps maxed

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

I tried it yesterday for about a couple of hours, while it's okay, there is nothing in it so far that will make me want to play it over other ftp games. Dragon taming might be interesting, but I haven't got that far. Main problem for me is the combat, it is just not good enough. It isn't agile enough to be a good twitch combat game, which it is aiming for. Graphics are bland, animation is poor and cutscenes are truly the worse I've encountered for a long time. Questing is the same you see as everywhere else. So far it just doesn't seem to do any well.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Title sums it up mostly. This game is bad, its like an ugly, extra bad Tera. 

The combat is clunky and boring.

The interface is terribly clunky.

The game looks like it was built on an engine from 2003.  Max settings at 100+ FPS.

The cut-scenes just pop in what appears to be randomly. 

To be fair this is with about an hour of play time, which is why I did not even comment on story, lore or anything else really.

I wouldn't even tell my friends I tried it much less advise them to give it a shot.  

I wish you posted this last month could have saved me lots of time.  Thanks for the spot on assessment, and I am being serious.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436

I enjoy the game, best combat system in a mmo so far. Grafiks are ok, the style and lore is a bit to generic though-

If wow or swtor would have had this combo fighting system I would go back to them!

btw lv 17 so far and the game is still getting better.