Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online down due to DDOS attack.

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

CCP has reported that EVE Online and all their websites(like forums) have been taken off line due to a persistent DDOS attack.   CCP is giving no ETA on when the servers and services will return - estimate it maybe hours before game returns to service.  You can read about it here.   

CCP Reports DDOS attack.   <<< clicky

Comments

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Good thing my skill q still has 4 days on it. Hope it's a simple DDOS attack though....
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

I wonder which group of brave internet rebels DDoS'd EVE this time?

No doubt we'll find out soon enough.

Meanwhile I got a bunch of chores done :)

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Looks like it will be down for awhile.  
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

I don't play EvE but this sucks.  The worst was the ass clowns that hacked PSN/SoE and ruined things for players just because of a lame grudge.  EWant more support for your cause?  Go about it in a way that doesnt screw over hundreds of thousands of people.

Bit of a tangent there, but I despise this sort of crap.

• chucky999chucky999 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I used to play Eve and this isn't the first time. Makes me wonder who they pissed off now since I doubt this is some random lol's attack. It could be even meta gaming to prevent a system from falling.
  • SwagsurfinSwagsurfin Member Posts: 29

Still down, I think it's been down around 5 or 6 hours now. Meh, I was anticipating a lot of downtime due to issues/bugs due to the new expansion so I had skills que'd for days. I guess I lucked out lol 

The forums are down as well, right? I think CCP took all their servers down as they tackle the situation.

• VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155

Bloody hackers should go back to molesting Sony and leave honest PC folk alone. :D

I reckon EVE tech crew will crush them, too much experience there.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Probably TEST alliance really mad of key systems getting reinforced or angry banned botters striking back.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Skill que for the win.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by Chrisbox
    Skill que for the win.  

Odds are you get skillpoints bonus to make up for lost time anyways.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    EVE is converting to a f2p, and they are loading in the cash shops.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

Originally posted by TheJoda

EVE is already F2P, if you have enough brain capacity to fund the subs with plexes. ^^

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

While I do not play EVE I think their response and their level of information following this criminal attack is commendable!

It sucks for the players ofc. But at least they can see that they are dealing with a company with a plan of action.

Sony and at least 2 other major serviceproviders should be taking notes here :)

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

Originally posted by Halandir

Sony and at least 2 other major serviceproviders should be taking notes here :)

Good memories there. Quit SWG in 2005 after having to deal with Smedley's gang and years later I had to read on internet forums about SOE getting hacked ("don't worry, only account details belonging to customers from 3 countries have been completely compromized" -one of them being my country-) and then having to call the bank to block my credit card.

ALL account info + payment details put on a server, uncoded.

Luckily I got a new CC within a day after blocking it and transaction history of the old one was 100% clean, they did try to use the details just after I had my old CC blocked, however, also a sh*tload of phishing email attempts to my old internet address.  AFTER this happened SOE sent warning emails, because they couldn't deny the attacks anymore.

Since then, VERY reluctant to do ANY payment online. Like I said, I fund EVE completely through plexes each month, but should my income get nerfed big time some day, I won't be happy to give my new payment details to any MMO company. :)

• SwagsurfinSwagsurfin Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by Muke
    Skill que for the win.  

SP OR WE RIOT.

Originally posted by Swagsurfin
    Skill que for the win.  

SP OR WE RIOT.

Only skills left are all level 5s at some point so meh. :P

• sonicboomsonicboom Member Posts: 29
    Its a sad day

This is the part where cameron goes berserk!

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

It's close to 60/40 on who won here.

The idea of DDoS is to crash the server. EVE has been down for a full day. They forced EVE down either way you look at it.

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by Swagsurfin
    Skill que for the win.  

SP OR WE RIOT.

It's time to take over Jita again in protest? =D

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Iam running 4 accounts and thats considerd light in nullsec, in our corp a guy runs 12 accounts and has his own PI line going making him 30 billion a month :P
    I just take my 2100 vindicator out and start nuking forsaken hubs for insane bounty ticks :P

Also if this has anything to do with playstation network -----> Dust 514 then it sucks :(

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

EVE is already F2P, if you have enough brain capacity to fund the subs with plexes. ^^

so i can start farming PLEX in my noob frigate, while on a trial account?  awesome

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by Vlacke

Bloody hackers should go back to molesting Sony and leave honest PC folk alone. :D

first,,EVE is the haven of all scammers,,does it surprise you, that some of them are hackers too?

second..the experience didnt stop the hackers this time,,do you think it will next time?

i smell an inside job,,didnt ccp hire some active gamers to their staff?

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by simplius
    Originally posted by Vlacke

first,,EVE is the haven of all scammers,,does it surprise you, that some of them are hackers too?

second..the experience didnt stop the hackers this time,,do you think it will next time?

i smell an inside job,,didnt ccp hire some active gamers to their staff?

Let me guess you got BF'd at a game camp and youre still bitter?

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Even if the servers are down for a whole week I'd be happy as long as they keep us updated. I am sad though that I cannot reac the forums, as I'm at work and I'm bored as hell. =/
  • bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by simplius

so i can start farming PLEX in my noob frigate, while on a trial account?  awesome

Well you should know it. It looks that you are on trial forever. You cheap one! Risk few $ for start