Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Greed Monger removed from game list?

2»

Comments

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG MelbournePosts: 1,134Member Uncommon

The thing I don't get is why the devs at Greed Monger keeps on insisting on playing 1-upsmanship vs forum goers on this forum.

Just let it go, say "okay buddy" and stop arguing with people who are your potential customers. Arguments makes you looks bad to the bystanders (the "neutrals") who are looking at your threads because it gives people a negative vibe.

You don't see the devs on Repopulation waste time arguing with naysayers. All the ever posted was progress reports.

If Blizzard, EA or SOE keeps on wasting time on arguing with customers over every little details or bashing on the track records of their devs and CEOs they would've never made any money or gotten anything done.

• RPGForeverRPGForever PortoviejoPosts: 120Member
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

The thing I don't get is why the devs at Greed Monger keeps on insisting on playing 1-upsmanship vs forum goers on this forum.

Just let it go, say "okay buddy" and stop arguing with people who are your potential customers. Arguments makes you looks bad to the bystanders (the "neutrals") who are looking at your threads because it gives people a negative vibe.

You don't see the devs on Repopulation waste time arguing with naysayers. All the ever posted was progress reports.

If Blizzard, EA or SOE keeps on wasting time on arguing with customers over every little details or bashing on the track records of their devs and CEOs they would've never made any money or gotten anything done.

This guy has a point, Jason Appleton for those do not know it, he is an expert in mixed martial arts and in such environment it is not a place in which you can fix things just by speaking. I am not saying he is a violent guy per se, but through many years he  is probably been exposed to provocation and he has fixed the matter with punches and kicks. Perhaps he lacked the character to just stand provocation and leave it pass and his custom to return the hit made him to just respond any blow he received. He is not a bad guy, just lacked some experience and character, he is a young man and has the right to make mistakes.

• MkilbrideMkilbride Hooksett, NHPosts: 637Member Uncommon

Yeah, the fact he takes time to come here and respond to such posts says he is not ready for the business life.

YOu're going to get death threats, insults, comments, ect, and you can't respond to them all, or threaten to sue fans for their random remarks. That's killing yourself.

I have no interest in this game at all now.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• EpicentEpicent Pierre Part, LAPosts: 647Member
    Originally posted by JamesP
    Originally posted by Mkilbride

What, a dev threatened legal action....over forum trolls?

I actually liked those screenshots, but if the developer is immature, then the game will be crap.

It's not that Jason or any of our Team is immature. We were planning on Greed Monger the GAME being attacked and trolled. It was the Personal attacks against us as people that took us by surprise and we reacted accordingly. We have learned from our past mistakes and we have a community manager who handles any personal attacks for us and it seems to be working nicely now. 

I personally read every post in this thread including all the negative comments against us. The Great thing about our Country is that every one is entitled to their own opinions and personally I wouldn't have it any other way. With that comes the right to think anything about us people want to and I'm ok with that. I just hope one day we can prove the negative wrong and look back on this and laugh it off!

Why on earth are you worried about personal attacks. You should be more worried about the development of your game. If your game is developed well the userbase you are aiming for will see that and react accordingly.........and if you are making horrible design choices.........well then.............the userbase will call you out on that too. What happened here is Appleton went tattletale to the teacher that he was getting picked on. "Teacher teacher, they are talking bad about me." Grow the eff up I say. I mean, you are making a game and you didn't expect this? You could take a lesson from FF14. Look at the crap they swallowed and now look at where it is on the unreleased charts anticipation list. They didnt attack the users. They listened. The users told them how crappy there game was and they listened. Your game will promptly crash after leaving the runway with the behavior you are now known for. And THIS genre more than ANY genre within the videogame industry, company reputation is very very important. I'm telling you this behavior has lost you alot of potential users. I for one was very interested in the concept even after seeing the negative about the game on this site, what turned me off from EVER playing it was Appletons childish crybaby response, not the negatives from this site. Or havent you noticed ANY game on ANY forum has good and bad opinions thrown out there. I mean for effs sake you would think WoW was the most unsuccessful piece of crap according to users here but guess what, the majority of users here have given Blizzard lots of money, they just never came on here crying and moaning. I have the utmost respect for devs, especially independant but do us all a favor and get the hell out our forums if you dont want your game listed here. If you cant cook with the big boys get out the kitchen!!!!

2»
This discussion has been closed.