Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there any MMO no one has ever complained about?

DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

Serious question..

or even one MMO where there is at least some general consensus of a specific MMO to be "awesome, fun, really good..." ?

No matter which game I look into, there is always a group of people saying something like "worst crap ever, stay away from this one"

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I don't think there is a single subject about anything that hasn't been complained about.
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    You already know the answer to this my friend ;)
  • WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Originally posted by colddog04
    I don't think there is a single subject about anything that hasn't been complained about.

exactly what I was about to say :)

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

People seem pretty content once they're dead. It must be nice there :P

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    As soon as you even mention the name of any MMO, there will be people will say that it is doomed to failure

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Silly question because whenever there's more then 1 human involved in any situation, arguments will happen sooner or later.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    The game doesn't even have to be launched and you will hear these opinions!   I imagine for the crop of games getting ready to launch in 2016 people have already formed opinions.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Of course not, just like there is no food that no one has ever disliked. Seems to me you are focusing on reading the bad stuff instead of the good.
  • FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184

^^ This

I hate to say it, but that's why this site as a whole (or it's discussions) are more-less a joke.

It always boils down to "MY game is better than your game and everything else you like sucks because of it!!"

• FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Of course not, just like there is no food that no one has ever disliked. Seems to me you are focusing on reading the bad stuff instead of the good.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but seriously, the negativity on the site, is about 10-1 vs. the positive comments and interactions.  Trying to filter through a sea of discord is often frustrating.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Muke
    Silly question because whenever there's more then 1 human involved in any situation, arguments will happen sooner or later.

There doesn't even have to be more than 1.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    what the hell is the point of this thread?  Sorry, just thought we needed to keep the forum reputation intact.
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

If someone is talking about a game on a forum instead of playing it, it's probably because they have some degree of moderation over the game.

Granted that doesn't necessarily mean they dislike the game, could be they just aren't in the mood to play or aren't in a location to play.

Point being though, if everyone is happy with a game, they aren't quite as likely to be elsewhere ranting or raving about it.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Dogblaster

exactly what I was about to say :)

And this was true BEFORE the internet....the internet just gave everyone a megaphone and an amplifier and a shield to hide behind.

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

There has been several examples of great MMORPG's that have been enjoying positive reviews and support from the majority of the player base. Unfortunately, everything that is of an exceptional quality is usually rare, but here they are.

Ultima Online (during first couple of years)

Star Wars Galaxies (Pre-CU to be specific) you can see how great the game was of the echo we still hear about it.

World of Warcraft (Vanilla, Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King)

I'm sure there are other MMORPG's in between that deserve honorable mention. Anarchy Online, EVE, FFXI, Everquest 1, Asheron Call, Dark Age of Camelot, etc.

Bottom line is I hope and believe one out of the dozen MMORPG's coming this and next year will deliver. Everquest Next, Black Desert, World of Darkness, Star Citizen or ArcheAge. Rest, I highly doubt, but I still hope for the best.

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by Kopogero

There has been several examples of great MMORPG's that have been enjoying positive reviews and support from the majority of the player base. Unfortunately, everything that is of an exceptional quality is usually rare, but here they are.

Ultima Online (during first couple of years)

Star Wars Galaxies (Pre-CU to be specific) you can see how great the game was of the echo we still hear about it.

World of Warcraft (Vanilla, Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King)

I'm sure there are other MMORPG's in between that deserve honorable mention. Anarchy Online, EVE, FFXI, Everquest 1, Asheron Call, Dark Age of Camelot, etc.

Bottom line is I hope and believe one out of the dozen MMORPG's coming this and next year will deliver. Everquest Next, Black Desert, World of Darkness, Star Citizen or ArcheAge. Rest, I highly doubt, but I still hope for the best.

You should add Wildstar to your list man. It looks to be awesome.

• DigironoDigirono Member Posts: 86
    On this website? Pfft. No..

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607

I'll rephrase your question and hopefully you can deduce an answer from it. 

"Is there anything in the world that no one has ever complained about?" 

To give you a subtle hint, the answer sounds like, "So." 

If there is a thing(any), it will be complained about. 

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Yes.

But it had 4 players total, and they were the people who worked on it.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848

New MMO "Log in and receive one million dollars tax free!"

Forum user: "Why dollar,  why no Euro? Lame lame lame!!!"

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    SWTOR.  That game was met with unanimous praise.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

The only MMO never complained about, is the MMO no one has heard of (and that may not be totally true).

Also, if there had been one, it would have a population of roughly 1 zillion.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• duggyfr3sh123duggyfr3sh123 Member Posts: 95
    nope. go back a decade this place has the same topics replace the names with EQ, DAOC, AC, SWG...
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

You never hear people griping on SWG but that's not to say it didn't get roasted in its day.

On a similar not, I even see people say good things about Tabula Rasa. The reason I bring Tabula Rasa up is it has something in common with SWG. It is no longer running as well.