Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Blizzard's Titan Reset for 2016 & Official Statement

1235»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by InsaneDalek

This article of course assumes that anybody gives a sh*t about Titan anymore. Hate to break it to you, but that ship's sailed, circumvented the globe, and come back bearing exotic spices.

Titan hasn't been relevant to anyone but the most rabidly fervent of Blizzard fans in half a decade.

My sense is that when it finally does come out it will garner enough interest, praise, hype to gather back all the people who were initially interested.

There seems to be a trend with "some" gamers that, when they find out an anticipated game is delayed or set for a far release they stomp their feet, cry "If I can't have it now then I'm never buying it" and then they pick up their toys and go.

When the game is released it will be judged on its merit. doesn't matter if people were waiting for it or not.

Or better yet, people shouldn't wait. "What? X game company is working on a particular game? Sharks with Lasers? Sounds great, can't wait to see what it turns out to be when they eventually release it".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BrodieBroosBrodieBroos Member Posts: 32
    Baahahahahaha to funny.
  • IssieaIssiea Member Posts: 75

So this wont be coming out for ages if it even comes out at all.

Maybe they are changing the core game mechanics to a newer engine of sorts?  This kind of makes sense because designers and such wouldn't be needed while this is taking place, so they get reassigned until needed again?  Just a speculation on my part, I don't have much knowledge on these things.

Too bad though, I was looking forward to trying out the new game sooner.  Oh well.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Nikopol

Some pretty wild theories here. Use some logic people! Here's what happened:

Blizzard wanted to make a true blue Cthulhu mythos dark fantasy game.

What they didn't expect, though, was Cthulhu himself showing up! And demanding ownership! Or...

...or, you know, "else"...

Blizzard being Blizzard, of course they wouldn't give ownership to some old deity whose name they couldn't pronounce without spitting their mouthful of pie... so they said "jus eff dis!", and decided they could make a knock-off Cthulhu mythos instead, using the assets in hand. But...

Cthulhu ate those assets!

You heard that right: Blizzard has gone back to the drawing board to start from scratch, because Cthulhu ate their game!

There you have it. No need to come up with some mad conspiracy theory.

Probably one of the least biased and most logical speculation I've rad on this subject today.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by IridescentOrk
    I say good call. There are too many games I want to play and don't have time for all.

He, he, .... exactly mine problem. :-)) Never been so many mediocre games on market but at same time never in past there were so many good games I want to play. :-))

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I had hoped that maybe, for once, Blizzard was going to do something original.  This announcement doesn't bode well for that hope nor does it give me any confidence that they are willing to do anything original with the reset.

• RazimusRazimus Member UncommonPosts: 128

haha blizzard are clueless, they are now as bad as EA, diablo 3 was a bomb (they lied about full pvp), heard titan was going to be a space sim thing? if so it would have bombed compared to Star Citizen, this whole move was based on one question, "will it compete with star citizen?" the answer is a a big no! new kings and old kings of the gaming industry will rise up.

--- Razimus

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    I had hoped that maybe, for once, Blizzard was going to do something original.  This announcement doesn't bode well for that hope nor does it give me any confidence that they are willing to do anything original with the reset.

How can you possibly come to that conclusion. There is literally ZERO official information on the game other than it being a new IP. Nobody on this site knows anything nor can they come to any legitimate conclusion. it's all 100% guesswork.

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Blizzard is on a downward spiral similar to what one sees when you flush a toilet, they are a prime example of what happens when you replace passionate quality game design with cash grab tactics.  The only game they have that's remotely fun is Diablo 2 and its over 10 years old.
  • JycesJyces Member CommonPosts: 7
    I'm not disappointed. What was therereally  to look forward to? All we knew is that Blizzard was working on a new game, but were never given any real information about this project. Regardless, this is great news for upcoming MMO's - especially one such as The Elder Scrolls Online (TESO). Elder Scrolls series already has a huge fan following (due to previous titles released), and this time gap will only work with them. I do believe this game will be the next "WoW" in terms of popularity, if they go about it correctly.
  • VodunVodun Member UncommonPosts: 87

This probably good news, we can only hope. I believe MMO development as a whole needs a "reboot. The time has past, for me anyway, where a game is designed around random mob killing/boss killing/collecting things/running here to talk to this NPC. I do enjoy crafting in a guild setting, where what you make is useful. Even then they will end up vendoring it not too long after, when they find a better item or out level it.

My two cents.

• GilnidorGilnidor Member UncommonPosts: 115

About the EQNext

/agree with you there Bill

• GilnidorGilnidor Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by Volgore

Blizzard's problem is obviously that currently there aren't any good titles on the market of which they can blatantly copy+paste features into Titan.

Remember that WoW was made of Eq/Eq2 and Blizzard has been living on SOE's ideas for so long, so they decided to wait it out until at least EQNext is released and gives Blizzard some material to further "develop" their own title.

Well lets not forget Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot and Meridian 59. A lot was borrowed from those titles also :)

• todboindtodboind Member Posts: 2
    The MMO market is changing and The Great and all Powerful Blizz is seeing its market share go slowly down.  With the amount of negative feedback and backlash from D3, Mists of Pandaria and  the dumbing down of WOW to make it more new player friendly;  I think they are beginning to realize that the " if we make it then they play it" attitude  is not flying anymore. When we add in how they stack up against games like TERA and RIFT that have way better graphics in my opinion, its smart to see them start back from the beginning. 

• TrojunTrojun Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    This REALLY makes me hopeful for EQNext, on a personal note.

Agreed there.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    This REALLY makes me hopeful for EQNext, on a personal note.

Seems we ride the same boat!!!!

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Seems to me like they took a look at what gamers are interested in now and decided they better kick it up a notch or two. Lesson taken from Square Enix I think, FFXIV is looking to be pretty serious atm.