Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] World of Warcraft: Greg 'Ghostcrawler' Street Talks Escalation

2»

Comments

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by JemAs666
    Originally posted by elocke

Battlefield Barrens was great the first time.  Second time, I just logged off in boredom and really didn't feel like chasing down annoying champions for a few pieces of lumber, meat and stone.

The legendary quest, I'm still stuck on getting the 10 mystic legendary pieces and the 10 other ones I can't think of the name of.  I've had 2 drop in a total 2 weeks of running LFR.  They need to make the droprate for a quest like that higher if not 100% just so I can get to the next step in the legendary questline. 

Brawler's guild, for me at least, is horrible and not fun.  But I'm not a challenge player, never have been and this facet of the game seems to be all about just beating a really hard boss solo.  Fine for those who like it, but I just can't stand it personally.

Why in the world should something labeled as "Legendary" be simple to get?  This is why MMOs are basically garbage now because it takes no effort to get anything anymore.  It should take you months to get something "Legendary".

You obviously have no idea which quest line I'm talking about here.  This quest http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31473 is the one that annoys me.  I don't mind it taking a few months, and apparently it takes like 6 weeks per legendary quest arc, so that's quite awhile, but I'm not a hardcore raider so a quest like the one in that link just makes me log off.  I don't think that was their intent do you?  I'd think they'd rather have me playing and having fun.

Again, this is another case of people thinking time spent = challenge.  When the 2 are not anywhere near each other.  Time spent does not make content challenging.  IMHO.

• NewnanNewnan Member UncommonPosts: 98
    GhostCrawler is doing a great job. Making tons of money for blizzard. Sure he ruined the game but hey The guy really knows how to polish Turds.

Screw leveling games, give me something with "End game" at the beginning of the game.

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    fekking upgrade playermodels naow!! fugly game.
  • AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Ghostcrawler's accomplishments: millions of paying customers have quit with him leading design and more Hello Kitty Online on WoW with Kung Fu Pandas. How does this man keep his job?
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    [mod edit]

When they are bleeding customers left and right every way to try to get new players or ex-players back and promote your product is a good idea.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

Battlefield Barrens was great the first time.  Second time, I just logged off in boredom and really didn't feel like chasing down annoying champions for a few pieces of lumber, meat and stone.

The legendary quest, I'm still stuck on getting the 10 mystic legendary pieces and the 10 other ones I can't think of the name of.  I've had 2 drop in a total 2 weeks of running LFR.  They need to make the droprate for a quest like that higher if not 100% just so I can get to the next step in the legendary questline. 

Brawler's guild, for me at least, is horrible and not fun.  But I'm not a challenge player, never have been and this facet of the game seems to be all about just beating a really hard boss solo.  Fine for those who like it, but I just can't stand it personally.

Why in the world should something labeled as "Legendary" be simple to get?  This is why MMOs are basically garbage now because it takes no effort to get anything anymore.  It should take you months to get something "Legendary".

and yet when games do make legendaries super rare, you get nothing but wow players that scream and whine to make it easier to obtain

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

Umm...you do reslise that MoP was released in Sept of 2012, and not a single player has the legendary gear yet, right?

If thats not "takes months to get", then god help us lol

• AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by doodphace

Umm...you do reslise that MoP was released in Sept of 2012, and not a single player has the legendary gear yet, right?

Never played Vanilla and farmed Molten Core for the sides of the book for Thunderfury did ya? competition for items is a lost art.... ah well..., at least now you dont have to face off against everyone else to get a shot at the item.. its "random" ,  sure, but at least you know you will get it eventually.  Complaining about a " Legendary" item is pathetic... you do realize that for it to be a legendary item there is usually only a handful of them or the even better ones.... Only one! be thankful they have the hamsters hammering out the replicas in the back  halls of iron Forge.....

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by Akumawraith

Never played Vanilla and farmed Molten Core for the sides of the book for Thunderfury did ya? competition for items is a lost art.... ah well..., at least now you dont have to face off against everyone else to get a shot at the item.. its "random" ,  sure, but at least you know you will get it eventually.  Complaining about a " Legendary" item is pathetic... you do realize that for it to be a legendary item there is usually only a handful of them or the even better ones.... Only one! be thankful they have the hamsters hammering out the replicas in the back  halls of iron Forge.....

lol :P.

WoW's not my taste anymore though I do like LFR, I just dislike the daily quest routine doesn't feel like a game anymore felt like a job. WoW clean since early 2013.

Possibly going to play FFX ARR.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by JudgeUK

Greg 'Ghostpopulation"  Street = Catalysm, "even if it is voted consistently as the worst xpac" - he laughed.

i'd laugh too when you call my game with about 8 million subscribers bad :)

no other choice but to laugh at such a statement.

incase you ever find ANY other mmo with a similiar ammount of subscribers AFTER THAT TIME running. lemme know about it.

Ps: happy hating

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by Wicoa
    Originally posted by Akumawraith

lol :P.

WoW's not my taste anymore though I do like LFR, I just dislike the daily quest routine doesn't feel like a game anymore felt like a job. WoW clean since early 2013.

Possibly going to play FFX ARR.

yep disliking the daily content also.. seems the devs had a lack of content so used dailies to fill in.. a complete waste of data IMO.....

On another note, i recall someone mentioning all the classes have CC abilities now.. and while this is true the utter lack of CC needs in dungeons and raids is still exceedingly evident... It looks like the future of WoW is PVP focused 

Talent tree wise I am not a fan ... players complained about cookie cutter templates.. wonder how they feel about it now since blizz truly made it cookie cutter with so few useful talents....

the RNG system leaves alot of player  frustrated.. not only for the drops for the legendary quest line but even upgrades can be a mind boggling experience. I know I had to run LFR 50+ times with the use of the elder charms and still haven't gotten the bow for my hunter... yet I have two guildies that have gotten it in as few as 3 runs. It is very frustrating. I understand its random but as I said.. leaves alot to be desired.

LFR's are fun, havent tried the pokewow... not interested in brawlers guild... the 5.3 scenarios are a heck of a challenge and fun as all hell.

WoW isnt for everyone, but theres alot of slamming that happens in these threads and the forums. You dont like it,.. great, im sure theres alot of players in WoW who could say the same about any game you my play.

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• notmexnotmex Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Renko

"One of the things he said is that many players still play on very low requirement machines. WoW keeps their system requirements low because of this on purpose. He said the numbers would surprise people."

Wouldn't surprise me at all, I've always thought this was one of the main reasons for WoW's success. What is a surprise is how other developers seem determined not to learn this lesson.

That and no one seems to get the spell casting down. Any other MMO i've played has laggy, unresponsive spell casting, character movement. WOW just flows, and spells go off when you push the button. And no my computer is not lacking.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by Thane
    Originally posted by JudgeUK

Greg 'Ghostpopulation"  Street = Catalysm, "even if it is voted consistently as the worst xpac" - he laughed.

i'd laugh too when you call my game with about 8 million subscribers bad :)

no other choice but to laugh at such a statement.

incase you ever find ANY other mmo with a similiar ammount of subscribers AFTER THAT TIME running. lemme know about it.

Ps: happy hating

Where in my post did I say your game was bad? The comment was that Cataclysm is widely regarded as the worst of the wow xpacs. The lore follow up from WotLK just drifted off into....wherever it went.

As for the population, you bring out the worst xpac and the population drops - significantly. There's a correlation there somewhere. It is ok quoting a random 8 million number - however accurate or otherwise that maybe. The question to ask is - how many of those lost subs would have been retained if the original lore and content quality of the game had been retained?