Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New EVE: Odyssey In-Development Video

LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

We'll be able to tell by the replies who didn't see the movie.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
"Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Comments

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Horrible attempt at being funny but the info was at least interesting.

What really grabbed my attention was the Dual character training. So now we are not limited any more to train only one character per account?

Wonder how those null sec changes are going to look like.

What really pisses me off is that they still have not fixed any of the old problems with towers, outposts, modules, Wormholes and many other things.

STOP FRIGGIN' CREATING NEW CONTENT AND FIX THE OLD EXPANSIONS!

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by taus01

What really pisses me off is that they still have not fixed any of the old problems with towers, outposts, modules, Wormholes and many other things.

are you sure they think that these are problems that need fixing ?

No they don't and they don't think any of their old expansions need fixing while problems still exist in all of them. they rather go play with some new toys. That has always been the problem with EvE and it's widely known and there are lists on the forums for all the unfinished content. 

They just now seem to return to fix some factional warfare problems, after how many years?

• InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119

New features sound interesting, but their attempt at humor, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSyVIbLh4QU

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

I have not read all the details yet but that might be one point. The biggest change for me however, one that has been ignored for YEARS is: 

Swapping and fitting Strategic Cruiser subsystems at a starbase.

If you ever lived in a wormhole you know how essential Strategic Cruisers can be and there was no way to fit them at a POS. Made living in a wormhole a pain in the ass. I guess the same can be said for NULL SEC.

The list of fixes is long, still looking at it.

Originally posted by Robokapp

stations can't be built in wormholes ? not saying 'bring a station to change fits on your loki' but just curious. it would be kinda cool to have new neighbor systems every other day yet live in wh like you do in nullsec. :)

You can build a POS in wormholes but you could not outfit your SC's and yes, you have a new neighbour system every day depending on the Wormhole you are sitting in. I lived in a Wormhole that was inside a Wormhole. Our only connection was to 2 other Wormholes.

You can live there if you got the right planets and be self sufficient. We did for more than a year.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by taus01

Horrible attempt at being funny but the info was at least interesting.

What really grabbed my attention was the Dual character training. So now we are not limited any more to train only one character per account?

Wonder how those null sec changes are going to look like.

Er, that's pretty much what they've been doing since Incarna. The list of stuff that has been fixed or updated since then is monumental.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Pretty much what Malcanis said, CCP hasn't really had any solid expansions since the Incarna attempt.    Since then we've mostly had iterations and game fix expansions.