Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To TRION: Do NOT Ruin ArchAge

BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461

After reading about the new CashShop to keep Rift on life-support it has become apparent that TRION is moving towards the dark-side of the force when it comes to their business model.

All I have to say is my entire guild, family, and friends will write TRION off completely into the FLOOR if they do the same to ArchAge when it comes out.

ArchAge is NOT a game built for F2P or otherwise. It is built around the P2P model (Since it is a sandpark early game, and sandbox late-game). These type of products do not do well whatsoever, if at all, on the Cash-Grab business model.

-My 2cents

ps: Discussion about the Cash-Shop for RIFT's lifesupport: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/386375/page/1

Comments

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    ArcheAge is going F2P or is already F2P in Korea. Why would they not release it as F2P in the west?
  • abyss404abyss404 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    DO NOT TEST HIM XZEN! HE WILL WRITE THIS OFF TO THE FLOOR!
  • BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Robokapp

f2p will save it.

It might but a P2W style cash shop will end it's life before it even begins ( probably ). Well it will at least put many off the game. I might have even tried Rift if i hadn't read that it will have gear in the cash shop.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

First off,Rift is/not been on life support.Trion is just going with the flow.to make more $$.

The masses have cried out in support of ftp/btp and now are not happy with cash shop offering's.You ever hear the phrase wanting your cake and eating it too?

We all know that about 20% (whales) are what truly support's the free games.So don't be pissed/jelly because these games are offering item's that you can't have.Many people are riding the coattail's of others,so don't be mad because they are offered certain item's.If the whales didn't exist,the mmo landscape would be much smaller.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

within 2 years from now subs will be gone, or greatly reduced.
    90% of the mmo's that require a sub aint even worth it or worth it for a select few.
    Archeage is already free to play in Asia, if it launch with subs in the west you will be playing I AM LEGEND.
    Servers wont fill up or only a few servers will be full and the rest be ghost towns.

There are to many games on the market that are realy nice to play and its time to move away from those expensive 14 euro subs + cash shop + payed services.
    Gamers dont like it anymore, or the game in question needs to be of epic proportions.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by abyss404
    DO NOT TEST HIM XZEN! HE WILL WRITE THIS OFF TO THE FLOOR!

Haha +1

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Mothanos

within 2 years from now subs will be gone, or greatly reduced.
    90% of the mmo's that require a sub aint even worth it or worth it for a select few.
    Archeage is already free to play in Asia, if it launch with subs in the west you will be playing I AM LEGEND.
    Servers wont fill up or only a few servers will be full and the rest be ghost towns.

And a dark terrible 7 years war shall follow where the armies of Subscription shall battle the invading Cash Shop defilers. 

Lol.how did the vanilla WoW launch trailer start? It's been 10 long years...

I think that's how it start's.

Edit wow start's with four years have passed.Has to do with conflict.7 year war made me think of that :)

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

F2P makes more sense considering the current world economic struggles. More people are more willing to play a F2P game than a sub game and games developers cannot take the risk that they could a few years ago.

This way they are able to reach a larger playerbase, therefore a lesser risk which entails a healthier return.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

if Trion truly believes f2p means selling gear ... well that's just sad.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    O NOES HIS FAMILY WILL STOP PLAYING TRION GAMES WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO?!!!!!!!!!

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

I want my cake and I want to eat it.  I want free with vanity items or box with a free trial so I can test it first to see IF I DON'T GET MOTION SICKNESS before paying $70 or more.  I agree the cash shop should not become a Vegas Night Club but subs blow.  I have bills to pay once a month I don't want to pay for my cake once a month on top that.

I hope Trion doesn't ruin ArcheAge either but if you're going to say that you should throw out a company you would rather ArcheAge went to.  Is there an mmo game host you trust?

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by BearKnight

After reading about the new CashShop to keep Rift on life-support it has become apparent that TRION is moving towards the dark-side of the force when it comes to their business model.

All I have to say is my entire guild, family, and friends will write TRION off completely into the FLOOR if they do the same to ArchAge when it comes out.

ArchAge is NOT a game built for F2P or otherwise. It is built around the P2P model (Since it is a sandpark early game, and sandbox late-game). These type of products do not do well whatsoever, if at all, on the Cash-Grab business model.

-My 2cents

ps: Discussion about the Cash-Shop for RIFT's lifesupport: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/386375/page/1

Let me ask you this. Say AA came here as P2P, but after a few months the population dropped off. Are you going to pick up the slack? You know grabbing more boxes and subbing up.  Are your friends, family, and/or guild going to do the same? To the point where Trion is turning enough profit to be able to keep is subscription based.

Or are you simply yet another gamer, that thinks hollow threats, actually mean something.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Slappy1

First off,Rift is/not been on life support.Trion is just going with the flow.to make more $$

56 US servers at launch, 8 today -- over half of those eight not exactly being overcrowded.

Many, many games have been declared outright failures around here based on far less.

I'm honestly confused as to why so many people seem to see Rift as some sort of huge success.