Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Warhammer: AoR website down?

UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Boston, MAPosts: 387Member Uncommon

I get this:

Error

The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.

Error message

PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in lock_may_be_available() (line 167 of/myth/html/drupal7/includes/lock.inc).

They probably dont even have anyone working atm.

Also, just logged off as I only saw 2 Order players in T1 and 6 Destro.

Pathetic,

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Games down they closed it.
  • ScivaSciva NonePosts: 299Member Uncommon
    It wouldn't suprise me if the staff were part timers or working on other projects instead.
  • IkedaIkeda Largo, FLPosts: 2,205Member Uncommon
    Up for me.  So dunno.

SWTOR: F2P or Premium? Want Galactic Strongholds early? http://www.swtor.com/r/LbMdN7 Use the referral for 7 days of subscriber access. Unlock your GS today!

• TheMaahesTheMaahes Marlborough, MAPosts: 185Member

Working for me too.

Sad, they should just put the beast out of its misery.

• cronius77cronius77 Fairfax, VAPosts: 1,355Member Uncommon
    you guys havent been following warhammer lately i guess here . The non-paid moderator on their forums is now basically a unpaid community manager because EA laid off pretty much the rest of the staff on warhammer. The game is literally just being milked for every dime they can before it gets shut down and the fans paying EA for the garbage honestly are the ones to blame for this as they refuse to speak with their wallets. Is a few hardcore fans trying to setup a private server bu of course like always fozee or whatever her name is (unpaid mind you) is blocking any talk about it on their forums. Some human beings like her are pathetic seriously they live such a sad pathetic life they have to try and police others even though its not even their real job to do.  Anyways not sure if the PS will ever get off the ground because of how mythic coded the game but it sounds like they are trying to do something at least (way more than EA and mythic are). I think mythic now has maybe 1 employee assigned left to warhammer and a couple left on DAOC. Its really sad what EA does to studios.
  • TheMaahesTheMaahes Marlborough, MAPosts: 185Member
    Originally posted by cronius77
    you guys havent been following warhammer lately i guess here . The non-paid moderator on their forums is now basically a unpaid community manager because EA laid off pretty much the rest of the staff on warhammer. The game is literally just being milked for every dime they can before it gets shut down and the fans paying EA for the garbage honestly are the ones to blame for this as they refuse to speak with their wallets. Is a few hardcore fans trying to setup a private server bu of course like always fozee or whatever her name is (unpaid mind you) is blocking any talk about it on their forums. Some human beings like her are pathetic seriously they live such a sad pathetic life they have to try and police others even though its not even their real job to do.  Anyways not sure if the PS will ever get off the ground because of how mythic coded the game but it sounds like they are trying to do something at least (way more than EA and mythic are). I think mythic now has maybe 1 employee assigned left to warhammer and a couple left on DAOC. Its really sad what EA does to studios.

I remember Fozee quite vividly from my time there. He was very restrictive on negative comments about the game which wasn't ideal in my opinion.

I would love to play on a private server for WAR, but the game functions on population before everything else and trying to advertise for that would become a serious problem. Funny too, the game could only get better as a private server.

• cronius77cronius77 Fairfax, VAPosts: 1,355Member Uncommon
    yeah i totally agree with you on this I would probably play again myself as it sounded like they were going to do something along the lines of that pre scaven mini xpack and keep rvr back to how it used to be . Its just really hard to keep up anymore because of fozee as she reminds me of duffy from scarey movie with her fake badge lol.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    I got mixed up before thought you were on about the MOBA not the mmo. It's the MOBA that's been shut.