Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some rookie advice and lf potential "progression/lvling" partner

NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222

Hello

I was a close follower about 9 months before DWUF release, but I never got to play on EU launch day. The MMORPG options are dry and I want to give this game a try. My focus will be PvP and thats where these questions comes in mind:

Is there any perticular places where I could level up quicker? I assume it's best to stay in safe zones till I've reached max in lets say dexterity as skirm?

I hear progression goes faster in a gorup, are there any other people who would like to give this game a try, perhaps we could group up?

Does macroing still happen? Will I be at a big disadvantage if I dont use this? And does it take "long" to get my dexterity up by doing things manually?

Comments

• DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?364007-Prowess-Gain-Tips-Tricks-Info-Thread

Prowess tips/tricks thread from the Darkfall forums.

Mobs spawn faster in groups of 3+.

Macroing for skill gain is gone with the introduction of the prowess system.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

The grind is frontloaded in that if you focus on boosting one role you can be pvp ready by ~20-30k prowess.  Not saying you can 1v1 someone with equal skill and 50k, but if you run with some clanmates you will be able to contribute.

The skills are very cheap to raise to 76 (500p) and then the cost starts ramping up quickly (another 1000p to reach 100).

The stats are more expensive, but it costs around 2k prowess to hit 50, then ~1.3k p to hit 60, ~2k p for 70, ~2.9k to reach 80 etc.

4 levels of dex booster would cost 3k prowess.  To get 4 levels of a second booster will cost another 6k p.

• ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 272

don't be too afraid to leave the safe zone.  the world is huge and if you go far enough out you can get a lot done.  also, there are some great mob spawns that are very near chaos bindstones/banks.  craft some cheap weapons and bind at the chaos stone, then farm those mobs, naked but w/ a cheap weapon.  You can get a lot done that way and if you get any good drops run back and bank.  you'll get ganked from time to time, but you won't lose much and you'll get better from the experience. I spent all day yesterday grouped with random people in enemy clans who all just wanted to farm some prowess.  no one turned on each other, we all got a lot done then went our separate ways. 

even though there is no alignment system, there are still a lot of "carebear" players who just want to farm up prowess as quick as possible.  if you start ganking near chaos stone, ppl turn on you, but at most chaos stones people are pretty peaceful.

you'll get ganked, but you won't lose much and you'll get better from the experience.

• KshahdooKshahdoo Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by Nacario
    Hello I was a close follower about 9 months before DWUF release, but I never got to play on EU launch day. The MMORPG options are dry and I want to give this game a try. My focus will be PvP and thats where these questions comes in mind: Is there any perticular places where I could level up quicker? I assume it's best to stay in safe zones till I've reached max in lets say dexterity as skirm? I hear progression goes faster in a gorup, are there any other people who would like to give this game a try, perhaps we could group up? Does macroing still happen? Will I be at a big disadvantage if I dont use this? And does it take "long" to get my dexterity up by doing things manually?

Man if you're a very good in shooters you will own in this game after a couple weeks in safezone. If you just a good then it will take a bit longer. Just chose Skirmisher. With her superb mobility you will always have some escape options you don't have with other roles.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

pssht i have escape abilities when im rolling as Primalist, it's called having multiple mounts and hoping the enemy have bad aim, lol.

Rookie advice: join a good clan. For example, If you are hanging around human-lands a lot, pay attention to the clans that are most of the time grouped together, most likely they are in an alliance together. Check out Clan Recruiting on the forums, and check the political map in-game to see who owns what near your favorite spots.

If you see a group together at a contested mob spawn, send them a msg first, let them know you are a noob/lor prowess and just want to  kill some stuff with them for a little while. Not all players are assholes, most times if you are not with a c;lan they will invite you  to their group. Plus it's a great way to meet the nicer side of the community.

Ganks happen, don't get upset, gear comes & goes.