Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: MMORPG’s Most Wanted MMOs of 2013

Comments

• SevalaSevala Member UncommonPosts: 220

Your missing Repopulation. But then again, thats not a main stream publisher...

SOE games on the list should be dropped. Everyone knows they are not going to be good and flop. People just don't learn their lesson.

Wildstar looks decent, some interesting features. Other than that, most of the games on this list are just IP fodder that is gonna break hearts and run off with some money.

~I am Many~

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Only EQN and Black Desert are on my list.

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• plutosamsplutosams Member UncommonPosts: 50

1) Wildstar

2) FFXIV: ARR

3) EQNext

I was at one point really hyped about ArcheAge, now it seems to be going a direction I will not enjoy...can always hope though.  ESO just seems wrong to me and I can't quite place it.  

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

Blade & Soul

None of the mentioned games are on my list. Just Blade & Soul.

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Originally posted by ichihaifu

Blade & Soul

None of the mentioned games are on my list. Just Blade & Soul.

If only that was being released in 2013. That game would be number 1 for me as well.

As for the actual 2013 list. I agree that ArcheAge will be delayed to early 2014. The other games are meh. Wildstar and ESO have honestly been getting worse and worse for me the more I see it. I've been loosing what interest I had with them to begin with (Which wasn't much).

ARR has been gaining my attention. Again, that attention is much, but at least the hype has been increasing for the game rather than decreasing.

I won't be pre-ordering any of these titles.

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418

I am unimpressed overall by Wildstar... It has a couple of interesting features but the look & feel reminds me of past games that have run their course. On top of that it's pretty much a themepark so there are too many negatives right out of the gate for me.

EqNext on the other hand, has promise.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Jowen
    How does the list look like for somebody who does not have the faintest interest in fantasy settings?

Well, Wildstar is sci-fi.  So, that might interest you.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i agree with the list but not with the order. Im waiting for all 5 games but my priorities are FF14ARR and TESO and i would definitelly swap ArcheAge for Blade & Soul.

• Rojen06Rojen06 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Been a big fan of Everquest and Everquest 2. Can't wait to see what they have in hold for Everquest Next. Can't wait to see more about it.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Sevala

Your missing Repopulation. But then again, thats not a main stream publisher...

SOE games on the list should be dropped. Everyone knows they are not going to be good and flop. People just don't learn their lesson.

Wildstar looks decent, some interesting features. Other than that, most of the games on this list are just IP fodder that is gonna break hearts and run off with some money.

Yeah because EQ, EQ2, SWG. Planetside, Planetside 2 were or are flops, right lol.

• miramira2miramira2 Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Wildstar and ESO, and have no interest in the other ones.
  • Ladrann27Ladrann27 Member Posts: 43
    I do agree with this list, I am personally more of a sandbox guy. Still I do enjoy the themepark adventure once in a while, I just never stick around in those games for more then 3-4 months. Maybe Wildstar or TESO will be able to hold my attention longer, I will probably try all the games mentioned :-)
  • ZereiZerei Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Everquest Next on first? I didnt even know about that... ¬¬
  • VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Asamof

I'm so confused

at what point did we decide that smedley was for the gamer? did people forget about SWG NGE??? the hundreds of EQ1 expansions that came out 5 times a year? Free users being able to pick up rare drops but not being able to equip them until they pay?  

One thing is for certain. SOE knows how to polarize their audience. I'm personally on the positive side of the spectrum for them. I've always liked SOE games starting with EQ (although SWG was the one I never played) and I still like them to this date.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Dunno how EQ Next got the first place. Id put TESO there. Almost everyone is waiting for it.

In any case, its going to be another good year for MMORPG genre. Many major releases. Too bad its still far away from World of Darkness. My most unticipated title

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258

5- TESO (Mainly cause this just sounds like old ideas and straight up Themepark thus far)

4- EQNext (I don't trust SoE. Its a personal thing lol)

3- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Interested to see if they can pull it off, plus I love FF)

2- ArcheAge (Great game, great concepts, maybe to far spread out though? Heard something nasty about the combat too)

1 Wildstar (Looks so fun! I wish I could play it though to know if it deserves this spot)

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Murugan
    Originally posted by Iselin

EQN #1? Just goes to show that in MMORPG fan circles, we like best what we don't know much about.

Take a big game studio, make vague statements, be ultra-secretive, use the trendy "S" word to describe it--whether it actually fits or not = instant love.

Remember how much we loved the idea of Bioware doing SWTOR before we knew anything about it?

Right except Bioware had a great reputation at the time as a quality RPG studio.  With EQN people are actually trusting Smedley of all people.

I thought we all agreed he was the devil years ago?

Yeah. I hope I'm wrong and they do pull it off, but it is SOE and Smed.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• e28de28d Member Posts: 1

I have a top 2:

1. ESO

2. Everquest next

Im not really interested in any other mmos coming out this year.

• Thunder073Thunder073 Member UncommonPosts: 108

1) Everquest Next

2) Final Fantasy a Real Reborn

3) Archage

4) Elder Scrolls Online.

1,000,000) Wildstar, game looks awful. I personally would be embarrassed to be caught playing it. Might be a good game for the kiddies but its certainly not my style

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by Thunder073

1,000,000) Wildstar, game looks awful. I personally would be embarrassed to be caught playing it. Might be a good game for the kiddies but its certainly not my style

LOL, I agree that the game looks awful... I really don't understand the interest in this game, just look like another cartoony MMO with nothing really special. Even WoW looks less for kids IMO...

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    2013-2014 looks to be a great year for mmorpgs.
  • Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675
    The only thing I don't agree on here is FF14 , I think The Repopulation deserves more attention and credit.  Just my opinion tho.
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    EQ next ........even claims it might release before 2014

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

They also forgot Divergence, which is planning on having a playable demo this summer.

http://www.divergence-online.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=240