Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] Would you play WoW if it went B2P/F2P?

2»

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I had to vote "muffins" as there is no "I do not play and would not try" options.

Same. lol

But yeah, I've done way too much in WoW for it to be that fun anymore, and I just think there are superior combat systems out in other games to bother going back.

As someone above stated:

"Post-Cata WoW i wouldn't play even for free."

If Blizzard were to release BC servers for free or B2P, well, maybe.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

I would not play it in a train

I would not play it in a plane

I would not play it from afar

I would not play it in a car

I would not play it in a boat

I would not play it with a goat

I would not play WoW Sam I am

Sam...  I really don't give a Damn.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by AlBQuirky

I had to vote "muffins" as there is no "I do not play and would not try" options
    I'm sure there will be lots of muffins. :-)
    Yes. The only way one can vote "No" is to be currently playing.

A response of "I don't want to play WoW" isn't very interesting. We already know there are tons and tons of people who have no interest in playing WoW. I'm one of them.

Besides, you don't think polls on this site actually prove anything, do you?

And yet you asked, "Would you play WoW if it went B2P/F2P?" Why ask and not give the options?

As far as Polls here? Most do not give the "proper" responses, so no, most mean nothing at all.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by flizzer
    I doubt it.  I never liked the game when I tried it. In my opinion there is so many better games out there. 

Can you name them please? I understand it's just your opinion, but if I honestly tried to name "better" MMO's available currently, my list would be very short or empty.

• RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by Senadina

I had to vote "muffins" as there is no "I do not play and would not try" options.

Ditto.

Same.

If a game is worth playing for me, I'll pay for it. If I dont consider it worth playing, I wont play it, even if its free. And I started out with WoW in its early days... they just took it in a direction I didnt like, havent touched it in many years now.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

I tried WoW long time ago, paid for box $40 or so, played it one day, got bored. Cancelled. Uninstalled.

I don't see myself going back to play something I did not play even though I paid for it only because it would be F2P.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Four0Six

Blueberry please.

Had some this mornin, fresh out of the overn, drippy warm butter, nom!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Ah ha ha ha oh oh Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

oh wait hes serious.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    I doubt it.  I never liked the game when I tried it. In my opinion there is so many better games out there. 

Can you name them please? I understand it's just your opinion, but if I honestly tried to name "better" MMO's available currently, my list would be very short or empty.

I sort of agree here, but there are a couple factors in the opinion that WoW is a bad game.  First: preference.  There are lots of reasons people might not like WoW.  Secondly: time.  Yeah, I think WoW is a fun game for newbies, but honestly, since I've done just about everything in the game multiple times (excluding the same-same looking MoP), I don't think I can stand even logging in nowadays.  Newer games are pretty much better games to me.  Unless it's TSW.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

Same.  I quit 3 years ago and I think the only way I'd be able to go back is if the game is ending with Sargeras being the mega end boss.  I followed some of the early lore for WoW and I'd love a chance at taking him down.

• ksternalksternal Member UncommonPosts: 85

Ditto.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Forget about MMOs--

Who doesn't like muffins?

You know i had to vote that...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Muffins.  World of Muffins (WoM).

BTW, wow does have f2p.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I had to vote "muffins" as there is no "I do not play and would not try" options

Yes. The only way one can vote "No" is to be currently playing.

A response of "I don't want to play WoW" isn't very interesting. We already know there are tons and tons of people who have no interest in playing WoW. I'm one of them.

Besides, you don't think polls on this site actually prove anything, do you?

And yet you asked, "Would you play WoW if it went B2P/F2P?" Why ask and not give the options?

As far as Polls here? Most do not give the "proper" responses, so no, most mean nothing at all.

That's why "Muffins" is on there. It covers everything else. Included in everything else would be people who would not play WoW.

The point of polls is to generate some interest. Yeah, sure, you might be able to ask one relevant question, and have all the relevant options in the responses, but it's not likely. A "proper" poll would be more along the lines of Survey Monkey or the like, where there's some ability to categorize the responses and see how relevant the responses actually are. The you could say something like, "Of the people who currently play WoW, 0.5% might leave the game if it went F2P with a 3% margin of error." And so on.

Besides, polls are fun, and Muffins almost always win, so it can't be that bad.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Had to vote muffin's, played up through cata and decided to call it quit's. 
  • FolbyOrbFolbyOrb Member UncommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

I sort of agree here, but there are a couple factors in the opinion that WoW is a bad game.  First: preference.  There are lots of reasons people might not like WoW.  Secondly: time.  Yeah, I think WoW is a fun game for newbies, but honestly, since I've done just about everything in the game multiple times (excluding the same-same looking MoP), I don't think I can stand even logging in nowadays.  Newer games are pretty much better games to me.  Unless it's TSW.

But you still don't name a game, other than to say TSW isn't better.

World of Warcraft isn't as good as it was when I started playing in BC, but it's still the best MMO available right now, IMHO, for a theme park MMO.

EVE might be better if you can get into a good Corporation so you can get into Low Sec PvP. When I tried it I wasn't able to do that. I'm looking for a good PvP game to come along that I can get into, but for now, World of Warcraft offers the most content of any MMO that I have tried over the last seven years.

Playing | GW2
    Wanting | Pantheon
    Watching | Crowfall
    Retired | WAR, Cabal, MO, CO, SHK, WoW, FFXIV: ARR