Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: MMORPG’s Most Wanted MMOs of 2013

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The List is back today with another terrific series of games that most MMO players are dying to get their hands on at some point this year. We give you our five top choices so see if you agree before heading to the comments to post your list!

This week’s list is going to be all about the games we here at MMORPG.com want to get our grubby little hands on the most before the year is out.  Granted there may be more than these five coming out in the final half of the year, but few others really get us curious, excited, or eager for launch day.  Will they wind up ultimately pleasing or disappointing?  That’s still way high up in the ether, but we can definitely say we’re anxious to find out if the promises of each game’s studio can be met.  Without further ado, here are MMORPG.com’s Most Wanted MMOs of 2013.

Read more of Bill Murphy's The List: MMORPG’s Most Wanted MMOs of 2013.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Oh man those top 3 choices are really going to play with my head. I really want to commit to just one game but im definitely going to check them all out. I suppose payment models will have some say in the choices I make as well.

Eq next has been flying under the radar, but they have the history and reputation that eso and wildstar do not have. I know es has been around but not eso.
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Always been a fan of the elder scroll series however ESO seems to be a more theme park oriented game over their previous games so i may be giving this one a pass, Wildstar on the other hand i may look into when it come closer to release havant been looking into it atm, so far im kinda on the wall with this one but if it has instances ill probaly give it a pass also, instances realy ruins immersion for me and thats whay im looking for in a MMORPG. EQNext is the big one im looking forward to getting more info on. I was a huge fan of EQ1 todat i still think its the best games ive played simply because it was the most immersive game ive played and hope EQNext taps into the immersion that EQ1 had. With any luck Darkfall ties me over till EQNext release which we probaly find out in August :)
  • BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Member UncommonPosts: 296
    I would replace Arche Age with Origins of Malu
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Well Bill, I'm glad to see that you admit that the first two are a tie for you. I don't think you're alone on that one! WildStar has really grabbed my attention, and I admit that EQNext has been off my radar. I'll have to look more into that one now.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

I agree with 2 of them. the rest?

Well?

Not for me. Not by a long shot.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    I'd swap 4 and 5.
  • ErlijusErlijus Member UncommonPosts: 96

This sums it for me too, even if my order would be a bit different. Was very excited with ArcheAge, but reading some posts from fans playing on Korean servers, my excitement dimmed a bit. And EQ NExt, great hopes, but not knowing anything about the title (at all, except that it will be sandbox oriented), I would not put it on first place. So I guess my order would be:

5. ArcheAge

4. EQNext

3. FF XIV ARR

2. ESO

1. Wildstar (the more I read about this game, the more I think it would be ideal for me, themepark with a drop of sandbox)

I guess it is very personnal, but I agree 100% with Bill's choice of games for late 2013- early 2014.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i agree with the #1, i am anticipating EQnext more than any game but i am also interested in ESO and later down the road (much later) WOD.

i couldn't be bothered by any of those other games including wildstar.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048
    This is pretty funny if you switched that list backwards it would fit my taste and what I've been looking at this year.
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

My top 5 would be:

1. EverQuest Next
    2. The Repopulation
    3. ArcheAge
    4. Black Desert
    5. Earthrise First Impact
    Yes, I'm a all-in sandbox guy...
  • PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Wait a second, Planet Side 2 is a success?
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

Top 3 are interesting. archage asian mmo? no ty!

Wild star come from NCSOFT.... never had good experiement that company games. 

will see.

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Think for me it's becoming about Everquest Next and FFXIV. I'm starting to get lukewarm on TESO for some unexplained reason. Love the world but some of the points they bring up makes me think it wouldn't hold me long and I miss having a gaming world I called home.Good list none the less since I think all of them hold some merit.
  • JowenJowen Member Posts: 326
    How does the list look like for somebody who does not have the faintest interest in fantasy settings?
  • Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625
    Originally posted by Jowen
    How does the list look like for somebody who does not have the faintest interest in fantasy settings?

Erm, bad?

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625

Bill, SOE announced last year that they were 'going back to the drawing board' on some major systems in the game.

If EQn releases this year, I'll run round your office with my panties around my ankles.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by Zhauric
    Think for me it's becoming about Everquest Next and FFXIV. I'm starting to get lukewarm on TESO for some unexplained reason. Love the world but some of the points they bring up makes me think it wouldn't hold me long and I miss having a gaming world I called home.Good list none the less since I think all of them hold some merit.

<=Amaare)

Agreed, I too am also becoming less than enthused about TESO as well. If Smed and co get EQN to everything they say it is then bye bye TESO for me. (And I just had that cool commission done)

Here's to hoping we see the original Erudites again *crosses fingers*

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Look up Destiny its on consoles but its a sci fi mmo by Bungie.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351

I agree with the top two. I think EQ Next will be the big sandbox MMO for the next few years & Wildstar will be the big themepark MMO, but with a more up-to-date approach to the themepark that will interest the current generation of players.

Also, thanks for the cosplay picture, but Smed does ruin it alittle :P

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by Maquiame

Look up Destiny its on consoles but its a sci fi mmo by Bungie.

Truth, but Destiny's not hitting this year. /sadface

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Wasn't scarlet blade the most anticipated mmo of 2013 ..../laugh

I agree with your list. Maybe not the order but it's got all the right games.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    EQ and EQ2 were my main MMO homes for many many years. Looking forward to a Norrath homecoming later this year :)
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

I would say.

1. EQN

2. ArcheAge

3. FFXIVARR

4. WildStar

5. TESO

Games not on the list

1. Black Desert

2. Black Gold

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

This is for you.

Black Gold http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/04/black-gold-online-snail-games-to-showcase-new-game-at-e3-2013/