Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Job Actions Chronicled in New Video

2»

Comments

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

Uh, I seem to remember another MMO where people looked at every system and said "It's just Beta, that does not reflect what the final version"

That game was....FFXIV.  In fact, the whole reason there is a FFXIV ARR is because the game never actually "improved" from the crap-fest it was in it's initial Beta.

It's the pot calling the pot a pot.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Game looks amazing
  • DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    I love how they changed the class names around to fit the FF11 names better.

Fun fact, they didn't. The "classes" are the FF14 names.

The "jobs" are subsets of those classes.

Also, FF14 had jobs in it long before it shut down the first time.

• doombonesdoombones Member UncommonPosts: 9

Hmmm 

Dragoon <3

Black Mage <3

Missing the Red Mage en Blue Mage tough

just sayed it

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416

I just hope the jobs are better this time, because in the old ver, you lost way to much for too little you gained on most jobs. I hope you can still use crossclass skills when in a job outfit.

Also.. that dragoon squeeee. I think I might have to main that or monk. lol.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234
    This game won a lot points making so much things customizable. Every player have different tastes, so if someone dont like flashy effect can tune them to low.. and lots of options they commented on interviews etc. A great movement to attract diferent kind of people.
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by Tokken

Originally posted by Kaneth
    I love the overall flashy effects, but will it blend?

to me the flashy FX is over the top. Too flashy. It doesn't make the turn based combat look any better.

Never played a Final Fantasy game before?

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by DarkVagabond
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    I love how they changed the class names around to fit the FF11 names better.

Fun fact, they didn't. The "classes" are the FF14 names.

The "jobs" are subsets of those classes.

Also, FF14 had jobs in it long before it shut down the first time.

Lancer and Archer has been around since final fantasy tactics

lol it wouldnt be final fantasy if it didnt have flashy animations and over the top skill effects.  I mean sephiroth in final fantasy 7 final battle he has a spell thats an entire cutscene showing a meteor destroy all the planets in the solar system than destroying the sun making it go nova and eventually damaging the party members down to critical HP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTc9sLmOR0A

And heres Clouds ultimate limit break Omni Slash - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4CNM89W9k0

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Flashy effects. Some look better than others.

However... the original FFXIV also had fairly good effects. That wasn't the main problem with the game. For a video that's obviously trying to impress players into buying the game, I'd kind of like a bit more. I keep hearing about all the things this re-release is supposed to change, but none of the videos really highlight any of that.

Graphics were never a weakness of FF games, and showing more graphics isn't really impressing me anymore, tbh. I still like the flashy fx for the most part. I pretty much always have. I want to see better mechanics, UI, and zones. You know... all those important things they DIDN'T get right in the first game.

Originally posted by aesperus

However... the original FFXIV also had fairly good effects. That wasn't the main problem with the game. For a video that's obviously trying to impress players into buying the game, I'd kind of like a bit more. I keep hearing about all the things this re-release is supposed to change, but none of the videos really highlight any of that.

Graphics were never a weakness of FF games, and showing more graphics isn't really impressing me anymore, tbh. I still like the flashy fx for the most part. I pretty much always have. I want to see better mechanics, UI, and zones. You know... all those important things they DIDN'T get right in the first game.

there are other videos showing all that even a video showing how the gamepad works too just go to the final fantasy 14 youtube page

http://www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

Here is the tour of Eorzea  It shows off the zones pretty well, on the PS3 version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JQ87KtH1G8

Here is the last live letter from the producer showing live gameplay (does not have subtitles yet)

There is so much information on the game out there if you would take the time tor read it.  But there will be more videos and a new, English live letter at E3.

• darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 159

Monk & Dragoon looking good :D maybe dark knight in future?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    looking forward to a Black Mage

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Murugan

Here is the tour of Eorzea  It shows off the zones pretty well, on the PS3 version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JQ87KtH1G8

Here is the last live letter from the producer showing live gameplay (does not have subtitles yet)

There is so much information on the game out there if you would take the time tor read it.  But there will be more videos and a new, English live letter at E3.

That video (latest one) shows a MASSIVE view distance and very impressive zone size.

Like WoW (classic) zones with 2013 graphics.

I wouldn't be worried - the new engine is amazing.

Just a question of what all is in those zones and how fun it is :)

And yeah UI tons of videos out on that, looks really good. Very simple/clean - my personal favorite.

As for mechanics? Well, we shall see - but looks to me like a pretty standard trinity based MMO combat system which is perfect IMO for this game. I'm more interested to see how combos and limit breaks and party combos work, hopefully at E3.

• duuude007duuude007 Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by angerbeaver
    I don't mind the flashiness when there is a couple people but Epileptics everywhere will go into fits when Raids start

As was described in the news releases, these were picked because they were the flashiest of the abilities, which logically means that others are more muted/basic.