Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon's Prophet: Open Beta Begins

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by mussolini

If you have XP u cannot play.... FAIL

Me and many friends like the Windows xp and this game is not compatible with that... so lol...

Three men make a tiger, yo.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit https://help.soe.com for assistance.(4-401)
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Vannor

Two words...

Not... ready.

One word... beta.

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192
    Looks like they a re using the EQ2 engine for this. Maybe I will try it

Killing dragons is my shit

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Hope it doesn't suck. I bet it's in maintenance *checks* yep. Ok I'll try later.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Game website is down atm.
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Two words...

Not... ready.

One word... beta.

Your joking right?  Please tell me your joking and you don't buy into that "open beta" crap.  Even the editors of this site have admitted if there are no wipes and the cash shop is open for real money the game should be reviewed as live.

It started with MechWarrior Online for me where they took what was promising to be a great game and released it in a broken state assuring it will never be more than a niche.  Than it was Neverwinter which was not horrible on the whole except for the exploits (if anyone believed the beta crap they spewed how they handled that should have been proof beyond a doubt how much of a lie that was), and now it's Dragon Prophet where we are expected to play and pay for a game that doesn't even have all it's text in game and many broken systems.  This open beta crap has to end or in a year or two it will be common practice to just release a beta state at best game to milk as much money as possible before the game community catches on.  Not that most F2P titles are that different from that now.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    So they fixed the translation issues, sluggish animations, and the numerous other issues already?

Translation issues: surprisingly yes.

Animations? Well if you thought it was sluggish then not much has changed. The combat is pretty smooth though.

Got to level 20 and haven't encountered  a text bug or anything yet, I am actually pretty surprised at how they got it patched up in less than a week.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

Two words...

Not... ready.

One word... beta.

It's a lot better than it was in the previous build.  So far, at least in the early areas, I haven't encountered any of the localization problems from the previous build.  I haven't gotten very far though, so we'll see, but like you said the game is still in beta mode.

That is my experience too. After last checking on CB two weeks ago, I was expecting a massive fail with this game. Got to level 20 and no issues so far. Pretty much a miracle patch haha.

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

Two words...

Not... ready.

One word... beta.

The persuadertron still telling you what to buy, what to think, and what to believe?

The beta is a control program inside your head telling you not to doubt what's in front of you.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    So they fixed the translation issues, sluggish animations, and the numerous other issues already?

They took the servers down at 11pm Pacific last night to address some localization and "other" issues.  The voiceovers are second rate, but at least match the text now.

Character creation is pretty good.

The game is definitely a newer build.  It contains the third new starting area.

The fire still looks weird like it got plucked from the uncanny valley and dropped into the game.

I don't know too first hand much beyond that.  There is a discussion on the forums about housing availability and pricing.  Housing lots go for astronomical prices.  The 300x plot is 40M gold.  the 500x plot is like 111M gold.  That doesn't include taxes (because guilds can set taxes on your property), registration fees, or the daily rent which was 1776G per day for the 300 or 500x unit.

I seriously hope they sell plots for Station Cash so I don't have to deal with that.

This sounds like a good reason SOE took this game.I bet SOE has this exact same idea in store for EQ:Next and want to use this game to test the market.

There is a good side to crazy costs  and that is it keeps it rare,so players don't have 50 plots each by the first week.The bad side is of course possible ties to cash shop or huge RMT interference.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    If you install it from the official site unclick the install bing bar option and click cancel if it asks you to install DX because it caused me problems with all of my browsers.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135

The games alright too waste a bit of spare time on but that's just it , The ceiling cap so your dragon can basically fly about 40 ft off the ground is kind of annoying ... the combat has been done better , i even prefer Tera's combat including the static skills, but that's just me.

Still its worth a bash but i won't be spending a single penny on this game unless it really opens up and surprises me.

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Originally posted by Iceman2036

Me and many friends like the Windows xp and this game is not compatible with that... so lol...

I think you mean you fail.  If you can't get with the times don't play on pc.

XP still has almost %40 market share and only last year got overthrown by Win 7 while 8 is a joke. Get a clue.

• SnigerknudSnigerknud Member UncommonPosts: 60

is it just my eys or does all korean games look all most the same.same UI etc.. 

I DL the game last night and will try it later when I have the time..but from all the boring youtube vids out there on this game I can't say good or bad on this game..have to try it first

• TabionTabion Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Originally posted by black_isle

XP still has almost %40 market share and only last year got overthrown by Win 7 while 8 is a joke. Get a clue.

XP might cover 40% of the market share but that doesn't mean 40% of gamers.

• drchocapicdrchocapic Member Posts: 27
    It was pretty messed up in closed beta, I'll have to try it again.

• dgarbinidgarbini Member Posts: 185
    Thank you for the person that said it doesn't run on winXP saved me a download.  I dont change my OS for mediocre games that I was just going to give a 'try'.  Why do developers limit their audience in these kinds of ways?

• sparky999sparky999 Member Posts: 6
    I believe graphics look better then closed beta did.Especially wwhen u can max out the graphical settings and u keep a good frame rate.. the animations for the skills on my sorc are just amazing. I'm loving the game so far
  • sparky999sparky999 Member Posts: 6
    I believe graphics look better then closed beta did.Especially wwhen u can max out the graphical settings and u keep a good frame rate.. the animations for the skills on my sorc are just amazing. I'm loving the game so far
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by dgarbini
    Thank you for the person that said it doesn't run on winXP saved me a download.  I dont change my OS for mediocre games that I was just going to give a 'try'.  Why do developers limit their audience in these kinds of ways?

Times change, games change. Developers are not limiting anything. They are utilizing what would be best to handle the aspects of games that people play nowadays.

Seems your OS is mediocre in todays standards, NOT the games that are being made.

WinXP is mediocre compared to Win7 and I don't even use Win8 because Win7(64) is just really solid. (To me). :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by black_isle

No... he really does need to get with the times. XP will lose all support from Microsoft next year. There will be no more security patches. Windows 7 is great. Windows 8 is also good aside from the UI. With the 8.1 update coming this summer, it will fix those issues and it will be great. 

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• XandramasXandramas Member Posts: 73
    another poorly made mmorpg with little immersion, boring combat. I wish companies would stop making shitty mmo's and stick to making single player games until they can invest in a good one. Free to play, as usual, is the cost the game is worth.
  • mraneremranere Member UncommonPosts: 29

Pretty much your standard fare F2P Generic MMO. Graphics are a dated, combat controls are bad (attack skills are spread out over the keyboard), combat is pretty smooth and the animations are so-so.

A forgettable game.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by mranere

Pretty much your standard fare F2P Generic MMO. Graphics are a dated, combat controls are bad (attack skills are spread out over the keyboard), combat is pretty smooth and the animations are so-so.

A forgettable game.

[F1][F2][F3][F4]

`1234

[TAB]QWER

ASDF

[SHIFT]ZXCV

[CTRL][ALT][SPACE]

That's pretty much everything you'll ever need from the keyboard for combat. What other keys are you using?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre