Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daedric Quest in The Elder Scrolls Online video.

Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
^MMORPG.com

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    That's great. Detailed descriptions of small events like this one really give you a feel for the game. We need more of that :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

very nice! Thanks for sharing! I'm exciting to see this game SOON.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

Originally posted by Tokken

very nice! Thanks for sharing! I'm exciting to see this game SOON.

Originally posted by Iselin
    That's great. Detailed descriptions of small events like this one really give you a feel for the game. We need more of that :)

No problem Tokken!

We really do need more of that i agree! :)

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

That first person view. Finally a decent glimpse at it.

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

After that video, it has my attention lol. Thanks for sharing.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Another good glimpse at first person view for the people who missed it.

http://kotaku.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-finally-looks-like-an-elder-sc-510504840

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Shaping up nicely as I expected.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426
    First Person..............WooHOO

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427
    Now all it needs is true Oculus Rift support :D

• dgarbinidgarbini Member Posts: 185
    Looked and sounded nice.  Love the Daedra in the Elder Scrolls.  Nice as well to see some information finally making it out of Zenimax.
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

Looking better now.

I just hope they don't mess up the open world and PvP aspects. Lore and fluff is nice, but you don't play an MMO long if it has no meat to the bone past "hitting the level cap in PvE". And no, I'm not too interested in "raiding dungeons", been there, done that.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by raapnaap

Looking better now.

I just hope they don't mess up the open world and PvP aspects. Lore and fluff is nice, but you don't play an MMO long if it has no meat to the bone past "hitting the level cap in PvE". And no, I'm not too interested in "raiding dungeons", been there, done that.

There is no open world PVP in TESO.

So you wont be raiding dungeons in Cyrodiil then, you do know that Cyrodiil is a PVE area as well? As for the vid, yeah it showed FPV but other than it was pretty dull and mostly content we have already seen, some as old as last may.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Looking better now.

I wasn't speaking of open world PvP. ;)

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Looking better now.

I wasn't speaking of open world PvP. ;)

Well we already know that TESO isn't an open world.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Here we go again with Savage's campaign. It's just as open, if not more so, then the other game we both liked EQ2 which i wished was less zone feeling and they already talked about how there will be dungeons you just stumble upon some of which are not instanced. Yes, it won't be Vanguard's openness which we both wish for, but it appears the zones themselves will be so big that it won't have the same claustrophobic feeling that some zones had in Age of Conan. I don't understand why you continue not to be fair to this game in comparison to other MMOs out there.

To the OP, thanks for posting. I had not seen this video and the world is looking more and more beautiful each time I see it. I like that the questing so far doesn't feel as generic as some of the latest games I've beta'd, at least from most of the feedback we have received so far from videos like this and what I have read on leaked sites.

There Is Always Hope!

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    Thanks OP, I am really looking forward to this!
  • IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    FPV looks awesome... I wish it was the only choice though, because you will have to switch to third person to be affective in PvP if your enemy is using third person. If everyone was in FPV then it would not matter.
  • IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157
    daedric quests are the best

gameplay > graphics

• JIUBHUNNY420JIUBHUNNY420 Member Posts: 131

I am going to suggest something that might come off as somewhat insane around here. How about we breakdown the video's information and actually discuss it?

The video showcases 1 quest, 2 instances of dialouge between players and NPC's (No UI shown), combat with at least 3 unique NPC's, and was roughly 2 minutes of gameplay, with a small amount of First Person Combat.

Im going to jump straight to the FPS-style combat, because honestly I thought it looked great. What they did best was the hands, what could have looked like a very stiff animation actually has multiple motions and expressions that simply make the character look more alive, like they are actually interacting with a fantasy world.

If you compare this to a game like Vanguard where the hands are rather blocky and lifeless, it defiently looks like a Modern MMO in the first person sense, But more an FPSRPG which is very rare to find.

The Quest itself looked interesting enough story wise, I like they you can later revisit the festival only to find it in ruins, but this also brought up an alarming aspect for me. Does this mean we will be seeing alot of instancing or even worse "Phasing" in ESO? Both I feel seperate the player from the world too much, but maybe someone else here whose more familiar with the game knows?

The dialouges wernt show with the UI so we have no idea what choices or options you have like in regular ES games, but im assuming since its a more "Action" based quest there isnt a wholelot of options. Although I personally think it would be cool to have some Personality traits thrown into the choices to better emulate YOUR characters response.

Overall the monster fights seemed decently unique without getting a glimpse of the UI, the Dremora had some very interesting attacks, some looked like they had knockback which im all for, overall it seems like PVE will at least be fun, especially in First Person.

My only real problem with the video is the two guys from IGN, to me their "Resident ES fan" seemed to be only decently knowledgeable about the ES franchise, and I really disliked the amount they were Promoting the game simply on the fact it was Elder Srolls. I feel like had the video been done by two people who werent obviously trying to market the product for their company it could have been a bit more real. Can I blame them for this? No. But It doesnt mean I like it any less either.

Still its Just my own personal take on everything weve seen in the video.

J-Hun Lookin to Creep Yall!

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

Phasing is the elephant in the room.

It will either work surprisingly well and be a boon to the game, or a horrible mess.

It is difficult to see how it could sit in some middle ground.

However, if it does work - immersion in questing of all kinds could greatly benefit.