Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

League of Legends: Cinematic Trailer is a Feast for the Eyes

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

If you have yet to see the League of Legends cinematic trailer featuring some of the game's biggest 'stars', do yourself a favor and watch it. Nothing more needs to be said other than ENJOY!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Raijak92Raijak92 Member Posts: 4
    Riot wasting their money as usual on pointless crap.
  • AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    I have only played League of Legends a handful of times but I think that CGI is pretty damn cool. They did a great job on bringing them to life.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Is this Blur?
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Imagine if games actually looked like this.
  • Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Well done! Always fun to watch nice movies like this.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    The best bit about the game..
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Seems like,they take a page out of Blizzards book and put together a very nice cinematic that can then be cut up and used for advertisement.

Very smart move, i only wish the game actually had those visuals (and that the community was a bit less caustic)

This have been a good conversation

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Quite liked Teddy Hellbear. Not so fond of the Compensating For Something anime weapon dudes. :shrug:

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Nice video... just love to watch those high quality trailers..

But always agree the money would have been better spend on improving ingame graphics.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• xSaintxxSaintx Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by Raijak92

lmao, yeah, it's useless!!  No one wants to see their favorite champs come to life! This is an OUTRAGE! 

• MagefistMagefist Member Posts: 13
    Even though I have not been posting for ages on mmorpg.com I really want to emphasize how much I enjoyed this trailer!

Awesome work Riot, this CGI was simply amazing.

I prefer Dota 2 gameplay wise, still I was very happy to watch this trailer after having played LoL for quite a long time.
  • peglegpegleg Member UncommonPosts: 212
    I like this game because its free.

All MMO's have grinds. If you don't like to Grind then MMO's are not for you.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by Raijak92

How is this wasting money?  They made it to delight their fans.  It was showcased at the end of the All-star Shanghai event and received a lot of positive feedback.

• mmoskimmoski Member UncommonPosts: 282
    That was pretty epic, nothing like the the game though... heh
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I always didn't like Garen I don't know why so many people like him anyways :3...

However about some comments on Riot Games.

League is a good Game, However the match making system is very poor in the past when I first start League it wasn't bad at all but now as soon as you join any game all you see is TOP, Mid, Jungle, Bot Spam, and players trying to force others into roles they can't play Riot Games has yet to fix this.

We are The Lab Rats.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3494829

Yes that is right Riot Games is using players to test social behavior on players such as what they call Toxic Players, but what Riot Games does not understand is three very important things that lead to toxic behavior.

1. The Leader, in random matches players often don't listen to others, but more important Toxic behavior starts when players try to force others into playing things they can't, and so the game is either thrown by a player who isn't intentionally trolling but can't play because their lane got stolen, and has to farm jungle creeps and be, or one who just goes afk, the main reason Riot needs to hurry up and add match making.

2. Riot agrees that Banning players is not the solution, and it isn't in fact banning players only encourage X player to come back for the purpose of trolling and griefing more games, you talk IP Bans, and MAC/HardWare bans on my PC right now I have a spoofer that works for any game allowing me to send any type of PC specs when connecting to a game I wont go into details about it, and then for IP you just use a IP spoofer although most games don't even bother banning hardware.

In fact Bans including False Tribunal bans which do occur quite often is what makes players toxic, and want revenge against Riot Games, and the Community who banned them which is the Tribunal.

While I agree that a lot of Tribunal bans I read and review are deserved, there are bans where players are banned simply for not following a Made-Up Meta by the community, or doing what another player asks them in a random game aka forced to play a role or something they don't like to play or can't play and so on, and false reports, or being suspended for mild behavior without cursing and so on in 1 out of 5 games.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/faq/

Riot Games agrees that not playing by META is not a ban offense, however if you read #7 on this F.A.Q you will see that Riot allows Tribunal Judges to apply penalty to any players account for any reason meaning that if most the players feel that behavior is not in line even if a player did not curse, or say a word in chat but did bad in some of their games, falsely reported or didn't follow META they can get suspended or banned from League, and this is what Riot Games needs to work on instead of working on Cut Scenes.

With this said Riot Games, also does not review any suspension even if its false they just give you a copy & paste message to your email and while that number maybe low I feel Riot Games needs to improve rather than making movies like this.

• creepzcreepz Member Posts: 17
    shit game, brings out the worst in people. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemies
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by creepz
    shit game, brings out the worst in people. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemies

Good idea, because if you did they would become even bigger jerks.