Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SV gives "FREE DAY FOR ALL ACCTS!!!" then takes it back a few hours later....

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
  • Paratus Developer

With the upgrade to the new server backbone which was done today, we've run into issues with our billing partner which won't be resolved until tomorrow. Because of this, all subscription payments (including recurring payments for subscriptions) made today received an error.

In response, we've given all accounts, free and premium, 24 hours of free premium game time. If you already had a premium account, an extra day was added on to your currently subscribed time.
  • {C}

Paratus Developer {C}

This earlier offer has had some changes, due to unforeseen consequences. As a result, we've had no choice but to remove this free time to formerly unsubscribed accounts. All accounts which were already premium will retain their free day.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Considering they still have SOOOO MUCH stuff client side I have no idea (verified recently they still have damage done client side as well as resource gathering... I wanted to play until I confirmed these two and lost interest fast). 
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    i doubt anyone would have reinstalled the game to play an inactive account for 1 day anyway. Paying the sub fee is not really the issue as to why players dont want to come back to mo.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    At least they DID give something for their paying costumers, compared to other gaming companies and their lack of doing the same for having their game down off and on for several days... Only Slappy can see something bad in SV showing generosity towards their paying customers othervice he wouldn't have brought this up as a "issue".
  • ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    At least they DID give something for their paying costumers, compared to other gaming companies and their lack of doing the same for having their game down off and on for several days... Only Slappy can see something bad in SV showing generosity towards their paying customers othervice he wouldn't have brought this up as a "issue".

Only you can see common good business practice as something extraordinary. 

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    [mod edit]

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• SekkrahSekkrah Member Posts: 11

If you played the game instead of simply monitoring for negative things to post here to all your friends, you'd know that they did this for good reason and all players actually playing the game fully supported the decision.

After this was done they found out there were a couple guilds exploiting the offer and using formerly free accounts to gain advantage in sieging, which was obviously affecting the balance of a war.  So, in order to keep that balance they had to remove that free day for the formerly free accounts.

A good decision, I think.  It's one day (which all subbed people got to keep) which was only given in the first place because the billing system was down for a day.  Better to do what they did and not affect the outcome of a very major war.  If anything it shows they care about the community.

Originally posted by Toferio

Only you can see common good business practice as something extraordinary. 

Where in my post did I say it was something "extraordinary"? I said at least they gave back SOMETHING to their players, compared to another company (AV) that didn't do the same when they had issues with their servers and people couldn't play the game. It's not a extraordinary thing by SV. It was the right thing to do. Or as you said yourself "common good business". No more. No less. So I guess we actually agree...

Originally posted by Sekkrah

If you played the game instead of simply monitoring for negative things to post here to all your friends, you'd know that they did this for good reason and all players actually playing the game fully supported the decision.

After this was done they found out there were a couple guilds exploiting the offer and using formerly free accounts to gain advantage in sieging, which was obviously affecting the balance of a war.  So, in order to keep that balance they had to remove that free day for the formerly free accounts.

A good decision, I think.  It's one day (which all subbed people got to keep) which was only given in the first place because the billing system was down for a day.  Better to do what they did and not affect the outcome of a very major war.  If anything it shows they care about the community.

^ Oh, and this...

Edit. Quoted post was taken down.

Fair enough, I guess that's the only thing they could do in this case. But that's what happens when design of the game falls behind. 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

If you thought it out instead of reacting instinctively to protect SV you would have realized that the error was not necessarily removing the free premium access to the trial accounts but rather not understanding the impact in the first place. Like most things they do, it was poorly thought out and poorly implemented.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

lol thats like saying, well at least the nazis looked after their own people when compared to communist north korea who dont.

Doesnt mean the nazis are any better and doesnt mean sv are any better than av they are both terrible.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    This game makes dark and light look good, remember DNL? :) :)
  • SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by thinktank001
    How can this game still be running?

High speed is much faster outside of the U.S. Wouldn't be surprised if the owner ran it off his home computer with the top notch high speed internet his area provides, talk about low maintenance cost.  Who knows though... also thought this game was close to deceased.

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

That's the last time I got screwed by video-game marketing actually, I was 18 and still lived at my mom's so the financial setback didn't affect me much.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Nothing and I mean NOTHING makes DnL look good. At least SV released a playable product that is in working shape (yes, bugs aside). DnL was a horrid POS that never delivered even the basic promised features and is more of a scam than an MMO. MO does not belong in the same category as DnL.

(See, people that don't like the game can still say something positive about it!)

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    The dark and light hype was great though.
  • neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336
    Originally posted by kakasaki

Nothing and I mean NOTHING makes DnL look good. At least SV released a playable product that is in working shape (yes, bugs aside). DnL was a horrid POS that never delivered even the basic promised features and is more of a scam than an MMO. MO does not belong in the same category as DnL.

(See, people that don't like the game can still say something positive about it!)

They actually did deliver a playable game. My "guild" controlled most castles / areas. Left for a few months, came back, they controlled even more stuff. Game hadn't improved so I rode my dragon one last time.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

If you thought it out instead of reacting instinctively to protect SV you would have realized that the error was not necessarily removing the free premium access to the trial accounts but rather not understanding the impact in the first place. Like most things they do, it was poorly thought out and poorly implemented.

Like everything done in Darkfall (which I've heard you play). Yet you never post about that. You focus all of your criticism only on this game. I have always found that somewhat suspicious...

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Originally posted by Anubisan
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Like everything done in Darkfall (which I've heard you play). Yet you never post about that. You focus all of your criticism only on this game. I have always found that somewhat suspicious...

I'm glad you "heard" I play Darkfall... I have no idea what games you play nor do I personally care.  We DO have a Darkfall forum though so if you think they deserve some criticism go knock yourself out there! This particular forum is for Mortal Online and this particular thread is related to their giving a "FREE DAY FOR ALL ACCOUNTS" and then removing it a few hours later when they realized how badly they screwed up... 

If you would like to discuss this you are in the right place... if you want to discuss Darkfall, or games I play, or anything else, this would not be the correct spot.

Originally posted by deathshroud

lol thats like saying, well at least the nazis looked after their own people when compared to communist north korea who dont.

Doesnt mean the nazis are any better and doesnt mean sv are any better than av they are both terrible.

Yeah. That's EXACTLY what I said. Derp...

• SekkrahSekkrah Member Posts: 11
    Unlike some people, I usually don't go out of my way to relentlessly bash a game I somewhat dislike for YEARS at a time. I did once post a bunch in the original Darkfall forum because I found fault with aspects of that game. Still, add up all of my posts regarding that game (and any other MMO for that matter) and it doesn't even come close to the number of negative bash threads you have posted for Mortal. What are you at these days? 3000 some Mortal bashing posts? Congratulations. That has got to be some kind of record.

Unfortunately, after all this time, his posts have completely lost interest for me and I'm sure most others, too.  It's just the same ignorant mindset, over and over.  I mostly skim over his posts now because I know what it's going to say before I even read it.  They're irrelevant because he doesn't even play the game to know what he's talking about any more.

Unlike some people, I usually don't go out of my way to relentlessly bash a game I somewhat dislike for YEARS at a time. I did once post a bunch in the original Darkfall forum because I found fault with aspects of that game. Still, add up all of my posts regarding that game (and any other MMO for that matter) and it doesn't even come close to the number of negative bash threads you have posted for Mortal. What are you at these days? 3000 some Mortal bashing posts? Congratulations. That has got to be some kind of record.

Unfortunately, after all this time, his posts have completely lost interest for me and I'm sure most others, too.  It's just the same ignorant mindset, over and over.  I mostly skim over his posts now because I know what it's going to say before I even read it.  They're irrelevant because he doesn't even play the game to know what he's talking about any more.

Yet he somehow manages to state facts and truth, in contrast to many MO fans. 

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Unfortunately your way is to relentlessly bash anyone that dislikes MO and points its flaws. 1700 some posts bashing others and advertising MO? That has got to be some kind of a record. You see what i did there?

Back to the topic: so due to billing issues Paratus announced that all accounts will be credited with 1 extra day. Then the playerbase abuses that free premium day and then Paratus takes the offer back. I m not impressed. It sounds like MO and SV. Slappy decisions poorly thought and poorly implemented.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vDEGnX8CY2Q

just watch this video, it completely sums up the experience of playing mo

This discussion has been closed.