Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Nintendo Games would you like to see be turned into a MMO?

OdysseykOdysseyk Member UncommonPosts: 42

My top three picks would be.

1. Secret of Mana
  2. Chrono trigger
  3. Dragon Warrior

Nerd at heart.

Comments

• ArcanenUKArcanenUK Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Pokémon!!!!
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Odysseyk

My top three picks would be.

1. Secret of Mana
    2. Chrono trigger
    3. Dragon Warrior

None of those are actually made by Nintendo,they may of all debuted on Super Nintendo but they were ported to other systems and their sequels were also multi-platform.

• lolunaticlolunatic Member Posts: 108
    none 
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    None, the days of nintendo are over.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    We do not need more MMOs we need fewer MMOs
  • OdysseykOdysseyk Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    None, the days of nintendo are over.

The days of Nintendo may be over,  but the memories imprinted in a lot of gamers minds will never go away.

Nerd at heart.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by Odysseyk
    Chrono trigger

While I wouldn't exactly want it to be modeled on Chrono Trigger's story or anything, an MMO with time travel would be interesting.

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 224
    obviously Zelda...
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

Dragon Warrior already has an MMO and its bad.

Pokemon could translate well to an MMO but there are 2 very large problems with a Pokemon MMO.

1 - it would be made by Nintendo. Nintendo still hasnt quite grasped this new fangled "online gaming" fad so I dont think they could made a decent MMO.

2 - it would be for a Nintendo system. A Pokemon MMO exclusive to Wii U? No thanks.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

None.

Is it too much to ask for them to come up with an original idea.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

There was a thread similar to this a few weeks ago. All three games you mentioned were mentioned multiple times in that thread as well.

Chrono Trigger would lend itself to be a unique game within the mmo space. Although, I imagine it would fare better as a multiplayer game instead of a persistent mmo. The implications of time travel, along with actions in earlier time periods having an effect on later time periods are interesting ideas that go largely untapped. Additionally, having the ability to learn skills/spells unique to specific time periods could add additional levels of depth to combat systems. Not to mention the implications to crafting systems, where "rare" materials could be plentiful in certain time periods. Even the moonstone/sunstone quest in Chrono Trigger where you had to literally let a stone sit in sunlight for millions of years to power up, could add certain levels of depth to the game overall.

Secret of Mana would have to offer the ability to level up weapons and magics, such as in the SNES version, and even require certain weapons to complete certain tasks (i.e. needing a whip to swing across a narrow passage). Again though, the game would fare better as a multiplayer game instead of a mmo, imo.

Dragon Warrior is a great series, but there's really nothing about it that stands out and screams "make me a mmo". We have a ton of swords and sorcery type games in the mmo space. Setting alone won't make a game successful, for a wide variety of examples see mmos that have been based on excellent IPs.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Eternal darkness, though I guess tsw is similar
    Advance wars, let's have a turn based rts mmo
    Pikmin
  • BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158
    I would play the hell out of a Mario MMO or Meteroid.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,821
    Super Smash Bros. Because why pick just one?
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    just like the fond memories of sega, nintendo is no more they sold out their fans for moms who like to keep fit.
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I prefer my Nintendo multiplayer to be played with people in my living room tbh...

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• OdysseykOdysseyk Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by BlueTiger33
    I would play the hell out of a Mario MMO or Meteroid.

I could see metroid being turned into a kick butt FPS.

Nerd at heart.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Zelda of course and those other games you listed are from squaresoft