Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Dat File Reveals Plans for LFG Tool and Skyhammer PVP

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

After yesterday's Guild Wars 2 update, intrepid users have posted some of the contents of the game's .dat file that reveal a few interesting nuggests of information about content incoming. If nothing else, it helps guide speculation about what players can expect in the coming months.

Some information on Skyhammer:

109814_0130 -Maintain control of the Skyhammer cannon to call down lightning and vaporize your foes. 109814_0145 Skyhammer Cannon Overcharged 109814_0158 Skyhammer calibrated for Red Team. 109814_0161 Halt all movement. Experiment incoming. 109814_0163 Test subjects may experience dizziness, confusion, and death.

But best of all, they are implementing a looking for group tool:

109814_0598 Click here to list your party for others to be able to search for. 109814_0599 You must select a filter from the left before you can advertise your group. 109814_0600 Your group is current listed for other players to find.

There is a lot more to read on the Guild Wars 2 Reddit site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    This game is so much better than anything else on the market currently.  I have been very, very impressed with GW2.  I have never seen a game pump out updates and patches like ANET has.

Sure the game is far from perfect, every single game is, but people who can't find any bit of fun in GW2 will never fully enjoy any MMO. 

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Missing GvG and a heal class. Let original GW players GvG, it's what we expected with GW2 only to be hugely disappointed.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    Missing GvG and a heal class. Let original GW players GvG, it's what we expected with GW2 only to be hugely disappointed.

People like you need to start blaming yourselves, cause I shit you not they didn't mention a damn thing about GW2 releasing with or having GvG anytime soon, a damn thing, re read this 5 times.

It's really annoying seeing this bull, it really is. Also heal class...please for God sake or what ever you believe sake...go to back to GW1 or play all those other MMOs with heal classes.

I wouldn't sound so harsh if IA haven't seen this nonsense repeatedly. Talking about "It's what we expected." That's down right crazy man.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• 1vald21vald2 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by RizelStar

People like you need to start blaming yourselves, cause I shit you not they didn't mention a damn thing about GW2 releasing with or having GvG anytime soon, a damn thing, re read this 5 times.

It's really annoying seeing this bull, it really is. Also heal class...please for God sake or what ever you believe sake...go to back to GW1 or play all those other MMOs with heal classes.

I wouldn't sound so harsh if IA haven't seen this nonsense repeatedly. Talking about "It's what we expected." That's down right crazy man.

@RizelStar What the hell is wrong with you mate? You should really take a chill pill though, no need to get mad at stuff like this. Just ignore it and move along.

@Marz I miss the healing class of GW1 too (monk especially). It was the best healing class ever, so much action and very rewarding imo. 

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

You left out the most important part!  That there's going to be this outfit (Datamined pic, no textures) and swimsuits added!

This will totally change the face of GW2 city fashion <.<

• DamarusofktDamarusofkt Member UncommonPosts: 74

Excited to see what comes of it, really think a LFG tool in game would be awesome (bring gw2lfg.com in the game).  Really like that it looks like it will cover all areas of the game (pvp, pve, wvw).

Also, the name Skyhammer just sounds cool :P

Leader of Knights Templar
    GW2 IGN: Damarus
    knights-templar.com

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    WAY too little, WAY too late.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Volgore
    WAY too little, WAY too late.

There is no subscription, so it is never too late :)

I'm looking forward to the LFG, the number one thing I enjoy most out of this game is running dungeons. That's probably where I spend most of my time these days is just doing explorables.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Totally agree with you.  More so annoying are those that have no understanding of the lore and say "why no GvG?! It's called 'Guild wars' and there's no guild wars!".  Idiots, I say, idiots!

As for the DAT file information, it's pretty cool that they're adding yet another sPvP map with a new mechanic.  The map seems to be Asura themed, which means that there's got to be an Asuran event coming up soon within the game.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    What it really needs imo

Open up dual classing, let players work on supplementary class at level 80. Gives people incentive to endgame pve, opens up spvp meta game build fun of gw1.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Pretty interesting stuff!

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Now if they'll only fix the horrid Trade Post so it's not run through an in-game browser, I'll be a happy customer!

Smile

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    What it really needs imo

Open up dual classing, let players work on supplementary class at level 80. Gives people incentive to endgame pve, opens up spvp meta game build fun of gw1.

Are you going to handle the absolute OPness that will ensue when Warriors can cleanse like badasses, Necros get burning, Eles get MORE BOONS, Rangers using Spirit Weapons, Engies using teleports, Mesmers using "Save Yourselves" and Signet of Inspiration or using Necro minions whilst creating Phantasms and clones.....

I rock back and forth in my chair muttering "don't let it break" everytime I think about it.

This is not a game.

Originally posted by 1vald2

@RizelStar What the hell is wrong with you mate? You should really take a chill pill though, no need to get mad at stuff like this. Just ignore it and move along.

@Marz I miss the healing class of GW1 too (monk especially). It was the best healing class ever, so much action and very rewarding imo. 

Cuss words may mean mad to you but I'm not mad, I thought if put caps maybe that'd be mad, half the time I be laughing while typing, course I'm annoyed, but when I'm annoyed on these forums, I am not nice, but sure as hell not mad lmao!(I'm blunt)

Life is way too short to be getting pissed off from what people say on these forums, but I know I'm allowed to call people out an tell em how it is with no sugar coated comments. People are too ignorant for that stuff, cause if I gave him a sugar coated response, maybe it wouldn't click to the brain. Only way I could get mad, is if someone in rl did something to me in rl that's downright disrespectful.

I could of sworn I had mention somewhere a lon time ago that I im in "lol mode" when talking more so a facepalm, like "Are you guys serious lol." mood. 

So yea once again I''m not mad over here home boy lol. Maybe I'll make youtube videos of me saying my posts, so we can get the tones of how i'm saying it.

Actually come to think of it i believe I got mad once on this forums it's about games you hate because of fans, the amount of hypocrisy got me there.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

dual spec????

Thief + Mesmer =  baby seals crying tears of blood while seeing the Russian National Anthem backwards.

yes..im scared.. im Damn scared.. 

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by Meowhead

You left out the most important part!  That there's going to be this outfit (Datamined pic, no textures) and swimsuits added!

This will totally change the face of GW2 city fashion <.<

Swimsuits? OH YESS.

I was so mad when lady kasmeer and co were released in southsun wearing SWIMSUITS, while the players were forced to run around in undergarments at the beach. But now, Anet plz take my monies.

EDIT: Also regarding the secondary class discussion, while that would be kinda cool to see Anet directly told us thats not going to happen because the current way is easier to balance when thinking about pvp and while maintaining pve viability.

If I were to choose a sub profession for my elementalist, I'd probably go for... I dont actually know. I love my ele too much over other professions XD

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I wonder when they will add in some character builds that aren't boring as ****. Or when they might add in more skills to grind for rather than armor to grind for.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• Originally posted by ShakyMo
    What it really needs imoOpen up dual classing, let players work on supplementary class at level 80. Gives people incentive to endgame pve, opens up spvp meta game build fun of gw1.

Omg I lol'd so hard at this. This is not Guild Wars 1.This is a whole different game. First you must get it. I played Guild Wars 1 like 5 years or something and I had a lot of fun. I wasn't a fan of GvG but I loved alliance battles and I loved my SoS Ritualist and A/D. But Guild Wars 2 is a different game. It can never be the Guild Wars 1. If you put dual class system in Guild Wars 2, this game turns to be a shit.

Stop complaining and enjoy the game. If you don't like this game so go find another mmorpg. It's that simple. I'm playing Guild Wars 2 since realase and I'm still enjoying it.

• spookypuppyspookypuppy Member Posts: 4
    Has GW2 gotten more interesting? I got bored and quit playing after about a month. I liked it better than WoW (which isn't saying much), but as I don't have any friends who play it got kind of stale.
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by spookypuppy
    Has GW2 gotten more interesting? I got bored and quit playing after about a month. I liked it better than WoW (which isn't saying much), but as I don't have any friends who play it got kind of stale.

I don't think so, I keep going back and trying it. but the classes really are a snooze feast.   They all just seem gutted from some other more complex system.  I cant explain it, tons of button mashing but nothing rewarding comes from it.

There's just simply not enough skills to choose from, and the ones they have just don't fit together well.  The scenery is nice to look at though.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Originally posted by 1vald2

Cuss words may mean mad to you but I'm not mad, I thought if put caps maybe that'd be mad, half the time I be laughing while typing, course I'm annoyed, but when I'm annoyed on these forums, I am not nice, but sure as hell not mad lmao!(I'm blunt)

Life is way too short to be getting pissed off from what people say on these forums, but I know I'm allowed to call people out an tell em how it is with no sugar coated comments. People are too ignorant for that stuff, cause if I gave him a sugar coated response, maybe it wouldn't click to the brain. Only way I could get mad, is if someone in rl did something to me in rl that's downright disrespectful.

I could of sworn I had mention somewhere a lon time ago that I im in "lol mode" when talking more so a facepalm, like "Are you guys serious lol." mood. 

So yea once again I''m not mad over here home boy lol. Maybe I'll make youtube videos of me saying my posts, so we can get the tones of how i'm saying it.

Actually come to think of it i believe I got mad once on this forums it's about games you hate because of fans, the amount of hypocrisy got me there.

So theres an article about GW2 implementing a much asked for feature and another PvP type and what do you do? you attack someone for stating their preference for a type of gameplay that was in the previous game telling them to look at their own attitude, really? incredible, look up the word irony, typical GW2 fan and they wonder why people think they are rather highly strung. But carry on getting "not mad" and seeking out the "hypocritical" posters. Don't talk about the article and ignore the comments by Marz., that would be too easy, need to dampen those flames first. So that's two of us that think you're being disingenuous.

To the OP..

This should make many people happy but is it two late as many have been asking for this since release and maybe got fed up asking? will it bring them back? The PvP should be welcomed though as playing the same map over and over got to get to you in the end.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

I really wonder what this Skyhammer PVP will actually be like...don't really care much about the LFG Tool.