Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Return to RIFT .. but one problem :(

GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

I decided to check out RIFT again since once it becomes FTP it should be alive again .

The problem is Im stuck at lvl 50 so unless I buy Storm Legion there is no level progression .

I tried out ember isle but it is mainly lvl 52 mobs and pretty easy going but it was fun seeing some new content .

I think I will have to buy Storm Legion but is it worth getting ?

Comments

• SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306
    Originally posted by Grailer

I decided to check out RIFT again since once it becomes FTP it should be alive again .

The problem is Im stuck at lvl 50 so unless I buy Storm Legion there is no level progression .

I tried out ember isle but it is mainly lvl 52 mobs and pretty easy going but it was fun seeing some new content .

If you don't want to wait until 12th June then I would say buy it, I myself have decided to wait for F2P and level another alt :)

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    You could try to get the game through Raptr. That's how I got RIFT + Storm Legion + 1 Free Month which I'm using right now, so when the game goes F2P,  I'll have no class and content restriction.
  • AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Storm Legion is more than worth it.

It triples the size of the world, adds GOBS of content, mechanics, a new soul per calling.

Seriously, the leveling experience from 50 to 60 was amazing.  Watch videos or whatever if you wanna see it first, but I think it's awesome.

The new zones are huge and very fun to explore.  Buy the expansion! 

Or get it for free by using Raptr while you play Rift.  It doesn't take that long really.  Enjoy Ember Isle (and leave Rift up while you are AFK) and before you know it you'll have the Stone Spaulders, Arbiter's Helm and Rift + Storm Legion + 30 Days .. A different Key for each of those that you enter on your account page for Trion.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

I decided to just buy it , well worth it. 2 days playing hard out only got 3 levels so far .

Money well spent :)

• SpiritraiserSpiritraiser Member UncommonPosts: 175
    You need new account to use the Raptr, right?
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

no you don't, you just need to play like 18 hours (or have the rift game open during the night or sth)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• KinadoKinado Member Posts: 198

Tried everything to get Anti Aliasing to work with NVIDIA besides the in-game one that sucks, but no luck. Any way to make the game smoother looking? I tried sweetfx, various nvidia AA flags but nothing worked. Anti aliasing still sucks.

Any way to fix this?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I bought it. I logged in twice for a total of about 15 minutes, never logged in again. I asked for a refund on the 25th day. They told me I only had 20 days or something to get he refund... They ended up refunding the sub price or something. I was stuck with the worthless box.

The game looked good, but it's old. Everything about it is been there done that. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Spiritraiser

You do, yeah.

But if you have a xFire or Steam account that has registered hours playing RIFT (is RIFT available on Steam?), then those hours gets added to your Raptr account automatically. Trion has been doing a lot of giveaways through Raptr, so it's worth it if you're a big RIFT player. They've probably given well over 10-15k free boxes + 1 month sub through Raptr since RIFT launched, plus a lot of fluff like mounts or costume items (no stats items that are just cosmetics).

Originally posted by bcbully

I bought it. I logged in twice for a total of about 15 minutes, never logged in again. I asked for a refund on the 25th day. They told me I only had 20 days or something to get he refund... They ended up refunding the sub price or something. I was stuck with the worthless box.

The game looked good, but it's old. Everything about it is been there done that. 

Storm Legion bought some fresh stuff to the game ,   kill a new type of monster gives you a monster kill quest.

Also there are items on ground which you pick up and the start a quest .  Still the same old pick up the sparky thing usually.

There was one quest where I took control of a mechanised guard and wreaked havoc .

Then there is the defend area from rift invasion quests . 

The tokens you get from quests allow you to buy items and those items are better than my T2 items . And further more they can be upgraded to even better items at lvl 54 I think . 

Anyways quite a lot of content to chew through ,  the adventure mode is good where it teleports you instantly to an adventure quest which puts you in a raid group.

Farming tokens for gear seems to be the main goal of the game in the end .

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Cheaper to buy the box version from Amazon if you don't mind the wait.

http://www.amazon.com/RIFT-Storm-Legion-Pc/dp/B004O0U494/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369953073&sr=8-2&keywords=rift

• ResertonReserton Member Posts: 52

Why would ANYONE buy the expansion now when you can get a copy completely free? I mean seriously? You would have to be a bit stupid with your money or in general to do that.

http://raptr.com/game/Rift/rewards/rift-storm-legion

• ResertonReserton Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm
    Originally posted by Spiritraiser

You do, yeah.

But if you have a xFire or Steam account that has registered hours playing RIFT (is RIFT available on Steam?), then those hours gets added to your Raptr account automatically. Trion has been doing a lot of giveaways through Raptr, so it's worth it if you're a big RIFT player. They've probably given well over 10-15k free boxes + 1 month sub through Raptr since RIFT launched, plus a lot of fluff like mounts or costume items (no stats items that are just cosmetics).

Er no, no you do not.

You can use any Rift account and any Raptr account and get a free expansion that works on ANY Rift account.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464

It triples the size of the map. The new content drops greens that are better than prior purples. If you ask me, it's not Rift anymore without the expansion.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    How is the REX issues? any problems yet?

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

Originally posted by wordiz

It triples the size of the map. The new content drops greens that are better than prior purples. If you ask me, it's not Rift anymore without the expansion.

It feels like an entirely new game .

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by DMKano

I played Rift at launch and was done with it within 2 months.

I bought Storm Legion at launch and still playing today :) - Rift today is a VASTLY improved game than what it was at launch (mediocre).

The new souls are worth it IMO - harbinger/chloro is my new main, its quickly becoming my favorite class out of 40+ MMOs I played since 1999.

Choro is pretty nice IMO too.

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376

There are supposed to be "Patron" bonus for those who have a current sub, so it might worth it, check it out:

http://www.riftgame.com/en/promo/freetoplay.php?utm_campaign=f2p_rex_may13&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email&utm_content=f2p_faq_text

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Reserton

Why would ANYONE buy the expansion now when you can get a copy completely free? I mean seriously? You would have to be a bit stupid with your money or in general to do that.

Thanks for that.  I thought the Raptr thing was already over but obviously it's not and dl'ing now.  I actually tried the game before awhile back on a free trial and grew tired of the typical quest grind.  However, since all of this is free and on days when I feel like being a  mouthbreather,  I can always just fire this up.   Who knows, maybe I will actually enjoy it more this time around?  If not, no harm nor foul.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Originally posted by Reserton

Why would anyone install that crap on their PC just to save a few bucks?

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184
    Originally posted by Thane

no you don't, you just need to play like 18 hours (or have the rift game open during the night or sth)

Yes, you do need a new account, otherwise you don't get the free 30 days... I tried this and they not only charged me, but they didn't give me the free 30 days.  All they did was gave me Storm Legion for sitting on the game for 16 fucking hours.

What a fucking scam.

Needless to say I called them and had them refund me.