Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hmm, I see one of the issues right off the bat.

MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

10GB game. Not to big, not to small, feels like a good size.

Split into three parts via the downloader. Part 1 is using about 30% of my connection, but is going along at a decent pace. Part 2 - 100KB/s, 7 hours.

I am frightened to think what part 3 will be like. Not really helping my desire to try out the game. It also tells me that my download is non-resumable.

Part 3 has started. 10 hours.

Wow, this game may take a full 24 hours to download. TIt's onmly 10GB...I could normally do that in an hour or less...

Crazy.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Comments

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Still downloading by the way. 8 hours. Seems this is going to take nearly 30 hours to download.

lol, this is horrible.  30 hour, non-resumable download. Yikes.

• oldmostaffoldmostaff Member CommonPosts: 18
    Dont worry, after you get done with the basic parts then you have to apply the patches, one by one, or thats how I remember it from a few months ago. 

Well.

Guess I'm never playing.

Woke up to

"Patching error"

So I excited out of the launch...restarted.

After letting it run over 24 hours.

Oh, by the way

patching error! (-1073741790) An unknown error has occurered.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Sorry OP but that is how MO weeds out the weak. You are just not hardcore enough to play... image

(- just kidding Mods. It was made in jest before you go all crazy...)

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

Oh good, I wouldn't have been able to tell, really. :P

Guess I am not hardcore enough for this if I can't deal with a 30 hour non-resumable download!

• SekkrahSekkrah Member Posts: 11
    Why not just install with Desura?  Once it's installed (and it's fast) you never have to run Desura again.
  • jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Yea desura is good for installing it. I cant bring myself to play as they STILL have not changed damage from being client side and I cant stop myself from wanting to one shot everything with simple weapons (and then it becomes pointless and boring to progress any further). 
  • Numb69Numb69 Member Posts: 2

Just for the record ,it took me almost 48hrs to download and patch this game....Just one of the

million things they need to fix with this game. Plus this game is only "Hardcore" in terms of

losing items you have on you when you are killed. The PvP isn't "Hardcore PvP" . It's almost all

"Exploiting PvP".  By that I mean, using flaws in the game to get people turned into criminals

and 5 of your buddys kill him. There is almost no true PvP in this game.

• SekkrahSekkrah Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Numb69

Just for the record ,it took me almost 48hrs to download and patch this game....Just one of the

million things they need to fix with this game. Plus this game is only "Hardcore" in terms of

losing items you have on you when you are killed. The PvP isn't "Hardcore PvP" . It's almost all

"Exploiting PvP".  By that I mean, using flaws in the game to get people turned into criminals

and 5 of your buddys kill him. There is almost no true PvP in this game.

You haven't played very long if blue-blocking is what you consider PvP in Mortal Online. That is not a fair representation of what PvP is like, and I do quite well in PvP without "exploiting" in any way.

You could also have patched via Desura if you wanted to install faster, like the download page recommends with huge graphics.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by jmlane223
    Yea desura is good for installing it. I cant bring myself to play as they STILL have not changed damage from being client side and I cant stop myself from wanting to one shot everything with simple weapons (and then it becomes pointless and boring to progress any further). 

STILL? OMG that was around the first round of beta. SV sucks at programing. They should merge with AV and make a sexy Sandbox baby. SV can hangel all the sandbox stuff and AV can handle all the combat stuff. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by jmlane223

STILL? OMG that was around the first round of beta. SV sucks at programing. They should merge with AV and make a sexy Sandbox baby. SV can hangel all the sandbox stuff and AV can handle all the combat stuff. 

Now that would be amazing... Prolly the best sandbox game ever.