Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Gold: Hands On at E3

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Steampunk fans attending this year's E3 convention will want to swing by Snail Games' booth to check out Black Gold. The team will be providing a hands on demo of the game. Snail Games will also be showcasing Age of Wushu and a pair of other titles that will be incoming in the near future.

"As our portfolio expands and continues to push MMO boundaries, this year's E3 lineup serves as a significant stepping stone for our ongoing global expansion," said Shi Hai, Founder and Chairman, Snail Games. "The titles showcased in our booth are representative of Snail Games' overall mission -- to bring rich, immersive online interactive experiences to fans of all genres, whether it be steampunk, fantasy, fighting or even dancing."

Find out more about each title on the Snail Games USA site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Been following this game for ages as i have all SnailGames mmo's, check out my forum name.

Anyway here you can find all you need to know about Black Gold.

http://www.mmoculture.com/?s=black+gold

Official website, not SnailGames. http://hj.woniu.com/

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    It's worth mentioning again: I really like their dwarf concept.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Seriously, why are all human males so effeminate looking in a lot of asian games?
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Will it be open seamless word and open pvp?
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    Seriously, why are all human males so effeminate looking in a lot of asian games?

Why do a lot of humans in Western MMOs look like they're all jacked up on steroids? In GW2  a lot of the males look like they have down syndrome (no offense meant, it's honestly what they look like to me). I personally think Western male-humans look worse than Asian ones. Plus there's nothing wrong with a make looking more feminine. There are feminine looking males in real life, why not in MMOs?

As to the game, I've been following it forever and am glad it's finally getting some media attention as Snail Games basically ignored it when they were mass promoting Age of Wushu, to the frustration of some of the developers who had worked on Black Gold Online.

I've been waiting for a good steampunk MMO forever so this is looking like it's going to be a nice game for me.

Smile

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Will it be open seamless word and open pvp?

Ok, here is a run down.

Action combat which is very similar to GW2.

It seems the nearest facing target will be highlighted automatically. Landing hits will still need you to target the npc or player, there is active dodge, with skills requiring active targeting. 

And yes, attacks will damage nearby enemies as well. Active dodge is there as well.

Factions/Races

The game will have 2 opposing factions (steam-powered and magic), 6 races and 18 classes (including 2 advancements for the basic classes).

One faction is deprived of natural resources due to over mining, while the other embrace and protects nature itself. Both factions will have different pets and mounts as well, from organic dragons for the magic races and mechanical eagles for the other.

For the steam-powered races who trust technology, they will be able to get into these giant mechas and switch into a first person shooter mode. I am not really sure what the magic races get, but it plays just like games such as MechWarrior Online, minus the temperature heat-up etc.

Dungeons/Public Events

Instances are happening in the open world, without players having to load into another environment. This is something similar to the open world public quests found in games such as Warhammer Online and… Guild Wars 2. A simple example, if a certain mob’s death hits a random number, an event nearby will trigger, such as the boss mob spawning. There are many world events which will be activated through different ways as well, all influenced by players’ actions.

There will be massive PvP battles, randomized server/ world events, instanced dungeons/non instanced and more. 

Graphics

The game uses the same engine as Age Of Wushu but it's an updated one, it looks stunning.

World

No lock battlefield full map

Abandoned the open room style class action online games pure copy of the play, the full realization of the World map, including personal and vehicles, including a non-locking battle. Let volatile situation in the battlefield, everything closely players heartstrings.

Energy unprecedented scale war

Energy, conflicts, wars - Montell eternal theme. Featured arena to guild war battle at the core of the energy wells, as well as the maximum number of no war camp, inter-service battle, so the battlefield is everywhere, athletics never stops.

A full range of three-dimensional war

Full 360 degrees to create three-dimensional war, no less than the place to go, let the fight does not stay dead. Air fighters, warships at sea, land artillery and other armored fighting vehicles will join play a crucial role on the battlefield. More destructive super amazing mobile fortress, will push the war intensified.

Epic fantasy world

Technology and beliefs of the collision, steam and magic duel, the two camps deposited millennia old passions, 300 square kilometers of the vast continent, creating a magical new world on an unprecedented scale. With the mysterious power of black gold, what will be the victory of science and technology, or the magic of victory?

Rich and dynamic events

Large film-effects of large-scale invasion of the camp, small fun interactive adventure, as well as the linkage inadvertently trigger the plot, and even affect the development server, ubiquitous dynamic event constitutes an exciting world of adventure and surprises .

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    yea the feminine males gotto go.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by syltmacka
    yea the feminine males gotto go.

the feminine males are bad, but the worst thing about asian games to me is

when the "thief" type classes sprint, they run all diagonally.  Annoys me to no end, quite L2 after 15 mins when I saw how my stalker? ran

it seems like this is in tons of asian games too, it just makes me wonder, if when people run in those countries, is that how they look?