Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else waiting on Backers' Forum invites?

TumblebutzTumblebutz Member UncommonPosts: 322
Still haven't gotten one yet.  Did I miss something? 

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

Comments

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    MJ mentioned that it would take a few weeks. They invited only very active folks to test the forums and get it up and running. Once things are stable and they are happy with it, they will be wiping the forums clean and opening it up to all backers. I think it will be in the next week or so is my hope :)
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    The invitations are still in the process of being given out. Patience.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• grvmpybeargrvmpybear Member Posts: 90
    I'm still waiting too :c

Currently playing: GW2 (Maguuma), DAoC (Uthgard), & Aion
    Waiting For / Watching: TUG, CU, Black Desert, Archeage,Wildstar, and ESO.

• ArbroathArbroath Member UncommonPosts: 176
    I'm guessing they're using the email addys associated with kickstarter, right?

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. ~Declaration of Arbroath

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 576
    Yeah they are using the email address associated with kickstarter account. I'm still waiting for my invite too but I wasn't active on the KS comments thread. My activity was here because KS comments wasn't a fun place for discussion because of the layout heh. All my activity was here. Mark did say he hoped to have everyone invited by the end of this week.
  • shukoladeshukolade Member UncommonPosts: 113
    Did they say anything about the people who used paypal to back them?
  • Also waiting still.
  • CommoXCommoX Member UncommonPosts: 85
    I'll chime in as still waiting as well.
  • MajiinXMajiinX Member CommonPosts: 89
    I'm waiting too hopefully soon so we can get off these forums and start engaging in some constructive CU talk without all the haters trying to crash the party.
  • SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340

If you haven't gotten the forum invites by now, you should check your spam folders or contact CU to ask them to resend it.

haha, just kidding.

• professornomosprofessornomos Member Posts: 67

Right now the backers forum is almost counter-productive.  There are too many people posting inane polls and pointless "what if" threads.

Seriously Macbeth says it best

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
    Signifying nothin
    g

(Act 5, Scene 5, lines 17-28)

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by professornomos

Right now the backers forum is almost counter-productive.  There are too many people posting inane polls and pointless "what if" threads.

Seriously Macbeth says it best

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
    Signifying nothin
    g

(Act 5, Scene 5, lines 17-28)

yeah, but mostly because (since this version is just temporary and will be restarted) they didnt bother to make too many subforums, so everyone post in general discussion

• MajiinXMajiinX Member CommonPosts: 89
    If we are backers via kickstarter do we need to email CSE with our info or will they email us automatically?
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by MajiinX
    If we are backers via kickstarter do we need to email CSE with our info or will they email us automatically?

They already have the emails of all the Kickstarter backers. They are just adding more people as quickly as possible which is limited by the number of emails their ISP allows them to send out.

I wouldn't send them any emails about forum access until they let it be known that everybody should have been invited and specifically ask people who weren't invited yet but should have been to email for an invite...which hasn't happened yet.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• TigsKCTigsKC Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Originally posted by meddyck
    Originally posted by MajiinX

They already have the emails of all the Kickstarter backers. They are just adding more people as quickly as possible which is limited by the number of emails their ISP allows them to send out.

I wouldn't send them any emails about forum access until they let it be known that everybody should have been invited and specifically ask people who weren't invited yet but should have been to email for an invite...which hasn't happened yet.

But, meddyck. you don't understand... once *I* get into the offical forums, Cancer will be cured, War will cease, Poverty will be eradicated and Happiness will reign over the Earth.

/remove tongue from cheek

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I'm still waiting, but no real rush either.

I won't be nearly as patient with testing access when the time comes.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mhoward48mhoward48 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    I am still waiting too. I believe they have to get some bugs out.
  • MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649
    Originally posted by mhoward48

Yep. That's pretty much what it boiled down to. That and the ISP issue(s). Hopefully we'll get in a lot of people over the next few days. Right now we have about 1K in and want to up the number to at least 3x or so. If that goes well, we'll wipe the forums, set up the new categories/subforums and open the floodgates again. 

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 576
    Originally posted by MarkJacobs

Yep. That's pretty much what it boiled down to. That and the ISP issue(s). Hopefully we'll get in a lot of people over the next few days. Right now we have about 1K in and want to up the number to at least 3x or so. If that goes well, we'll wipe the forums, set up the new categories/subforums and open the floodgates again. 

Thanks for the update mark good to know. Out of curiosity, is the email its coming from city state/camelot unchained or is it an email from a different company because of the forums? I have seen some people say they have gotten it in their spam folder but it wasn't looking like it was from camelot unchained/city state. I just want to know what to look out for, if I haven't already accidentally deleted it already anyway lol.

• TumblebutzTumblebutz Member UncommonPosts: 322

Thank you, sir.

RED IS DEAD!

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    completely forgot I pledged for this hopefully $110 well spent
  • mhoward48mhoward48 Member UncommonPosts: 99
  • TumblebutzTumblebutz Member UncommonPosts: 322

Well, I got my invite (woohoo!) but now I can't actually access the forums... it just keeps cycling me through the log-in screens.  :(

RED IS DEAD!

• professornomosprofessornomos Member Posts: 67
    just follow the instructions
  • IssieaIssiea Member Posts: 75

Thanks for the update.  I will be patiently and eagerly awaiting my invitation.  :)