Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

huge mistake on their part!

zastenzasten Member Posts: 283

I was already losing interest in gw2, and today, I find I have been banned for several days, apparently I used foul language that some wanna be spammer did not like and they reported me!

Doubtful I will bother going back, now that I have uninstalled and moved on the neverwinter!

Comments

• RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Good decision!
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by zasten

I was already losing interest in gw2, and today, I find I have been banned for several days, apparently I used foul language that some wanna be spammer did not like and they reported me!

Doubtful I will bother going back, now that I have uninstalled and moved on the neverwinter!

Yeah cause Neverwinter never bans. Hell you can even dupe money and you won't get banned. Sounds like the right game for you.

Harbinger of Fools
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

The accused often try to soften their offenses most of the time when complaining about it.

"I only said 1-2 foul words and I got banned for it, how childish"

When the truth gets out it's a LOT worse most of the time, it's just that devs normally won't release those logs because it's private between them and the offender(s).

Most devs won't ban you for using 'a bit' of foul language, but I am of a older generation, most players of a younger generation (teens/early 20s) use racial abuse, wishing of diseases to others and go full rtard mode and consider that's 'normal' behaviour.

So, what did you do exactly?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276

So you moved on from a game you clearly found not that great it seems to a game that is by far one of the worst games in a long time?

I don't see this ending well.

Originally posted by pauly6478

So you moved on from a game you clearly found not that great it seems to a game that is by far one of the worst games in a long time?

It's FOTM atm, everyone's jumping on it, give it some time, the grinders will leave, the niche fans will keep playing it and then NWN will take it's place among the types of Rift and other mediocre F2P MMOs with cashcows in the gamelist.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Muke

It's FOTM atm, everyone's jumping on it, give it some time, the grinders will leave, the niche fans will keep playing it and then NWN will take it's place among the types of Rift and other mediocre F2P MMOs with cashcows in the gamelist.

and that is when ill finally download it and play it, ya know once its actully offically released and all the laucnh bugs are worked out.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Someone said he is playing X game over GW2 on GW2 forums and fans are now bashing OP as well as that game?

This almost never happens. I am shocked.

image (not really)

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Someone said he is playing X game over GW2 on GW2 forums and fans are now bashing OP as well as that game?

image (not really)

most gamers are like protective hens, you touc our baby and we poke your eyes out.

i try no to do this so much these days, instead i argue about more silly things like . .. .no we not doing that to this thread, lets just say there are a thousand and one ways to make games and no 2 people want the exact same thing in them.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276
    Originally posted by Squeak69

and that is when ill finally download it and play it, ya know once its actully offically released and all the laucnh bugs are worked out.

If bugs were the only reason this game was bad I would play it lol. This game has waaaaay to many other issues. 

Originally posted by Doogiehowser

image (not really)

Actually the OP never denied having used foul language.  He just likes to bash the game cause he was punished for this.

Harbinger of Fools
  • RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208

GW2 is easily added to that mediocre list as well tho.

More boring, uninspiring combat you have to look a long time for.  

• Neo_ViperNeo_Viper Member UncommonPosts: 609

We got rid of a rude player?

Well done, ArenaNET!

My computer is better than yours.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

While I agree the NW has it's bugs and issues (and that a wipe was/is necessary) I've still already spent more time in it than GW2.  I thought that game was garbage, the Multiplayer part weak, and was truly disenfranchised after spending so much time on the original.

And I was raised where if you cursed (especially in public) you'd get a mouth full of soap.  Perhaps if more parents continued the tradition we wouldn't have pompous people that think this is socially acceptable behavior.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

LMFAO.... great. So what?

Originally posted by Ikeda

While I agree the NW has it's bugs and issues (and that a wipe was/is necessary) I've still already spent more time in it than GW2.  I thought that game was garbage, the Multiplayer part weak, and was truly disenfranchised after spending so much time on the original.

And I was raised where if you cursed (especially in public) you'd get a mouth full of soap.  Perhaps if more parents continued the tradition we wouldn't have pompous people that think this is socially acceptable behavior.

It's never the fault of the parents! Blame the TV!

Originally posted by Ikeda

rofl

This made me think of this old movie.. hmm I think it's simply called "Merry Christmas"

The narrator telling stories of his childhood and he has to suck on soap all day cause he had ALMOST said "shit"

Harbinger of Fools
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    When I played Guild Wars 1 noone really cussed maybe in a whisper, but not in general chat. Keep foul language to yourself and friends. They have the right to ban for those kind of things no need to try to knock them down a peg for it. Don't come crying on the forums everytime you get banned, I'm sure you deserved it.
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by Rhazmuz

let me guess y'all must play Tera since it has the oh ever so fun action combat. Editing to say this game is not a niche, Guild Wars 1 had a great community and Guild Wars 2 has the same loyal crew.

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398

Why don't you watch your tongue?

It is perhaps too much to say that GW2 is for children only, but a huge % of the players surely are children. Anet has been very clear -they don't tolerate bad behavior or foul language.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Have you considered using the more in canon foul language used in the forums and game, like "Oh, kitten!", or "Stupid piece of skritt!", or are you not an RPer?

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

Have you considered using the more in canon foul language used in the forums and game, like "Oh, kitten!", or "Stupid piece of skritt!", or are you not an RPer?

Skritt off, you bookah.  Why don't you and your bookah "RP" ideas go jump off the highest peak of the Shiverpeaks!

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Siphaed
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

Skritt off, you bookah.  Why don't you and your bookah "RP" ideas go jump off the highest peak of the Shiverpeaks!

Yea, like that (I think).

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Was GW2 the game where they were doing an AMA and people were asking about bans and they were posting the chat logs? 'but I only cursed a few times!' Yeah, and those curses happened to be racial slurs...
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

The only reason NW, NOT NWN... huge difference, is being played is no because it's FOTM but because it's F2P.  FOTM would mean that there was something enticing about the game that brings people to the game like Rift, GW2, TERA all had.  People are playing NW only because it's Forgotten Realms and that it's content and class F2P, take away either of those and I would GUARANTEE that it would have flopped off the bat and would be on the worst MMOs list.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Rhazmuz

Neverwinter, there n done already.  People complain pretty frequently of how boring the combat is.

GW2 has a good combat.  It is unique in it's own right and is interesting with enough mechanics that keeps ones attention.  It's a hell of a lot better than most MMOs that pretty much copy n paste WoW style combat.  While it might not be revolutionary or the greatest thing since slice bread, it is a good enough combat system to stand on its own and be unique unlike most combat systems in MMOs.