Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Blizzard's Titan Reset for 2016 & Official Statement

Comments

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Come on Blizz. Chinese Democracy took lest time to release than this.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Actually they had already reset diablo 3 once. And to some of us, it was a great game.

Always respected Blizzards willingness to take as much time as needed on a project.

And as Bill said I'm also excited for EQNext especially since SoE had the determination to reboot that project once. Hoping they really pull through with a great game.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Well they did recently join sony to support PS4, so maybe they are going back to the drawing board to redesign the mmo to be cross-platform and to see how mmogs do on next gen consoles with FF A Realm Reborn and Destiny and whatever else is in the process.
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Hopefully they are having a bit of a rethink about their current policy to dumb down every game they have, I'm hiding from them incase they come round my house and start setting the great Blizzard game think tank on dumbing me and my stuff down as well ;)  On the flip side I am in with getting behind EQ Next also. Don't stuff it up S.O.E!
  • KnavemareKnavemare Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Wildstar and ESO dont need another competitor.....this is good.
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

I agree with others saying that Blizzard prefers to wait when there is uncertainty in the market, as there is with next-gen / sandbox MMOs on the horizon. Blizzard has always been really good at taking a look at what's already out there, seeing what works, and then applying it well. When WOW came it it did not introduce new concepts, just mastered pre-existing concepts.

It's clear Blizzard wants to have the upper hand here.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

Sucks but not surprised "Soon" it's blizzard after all.

This does give alot of room for EQ next tho!

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by garrett
    /agree with Bill

/agree with both of you!

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by kDeviL
    Originally posted by SBFord

This year's Blizzcon attendees hoping to finally hear more about Titan will be disappointed to hear that the project has been rebooted and is now looking at 2016 for release. Games Beat claims that a "source close to the project" gave them the information and that seventy of the one hundred employees on Titan have been reassigned to other projects for the time being.

Read more at Games Beat.

Wasn't titan first mentioned in 2007? =o

9 years is a long time lol.

yes it was

its the same like the d3 they announce something 10 years before release soo all the blizzard fans gonna wait for it

then blind buy it becouse they waited soo long and not buying it is like........

then the game is crap (what we saw with d3) but blizzard is rich soo they dont care :)

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

ok so what do you folks think.

titan vs WoD online which comes first?  my money is on ccp and our undead friends.....

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    This REALLY makes me hopeful for EQNext, on a personal note.

Didn't EQNext have something similar happen not too long ago?  I seem to recall they decided to scrap it and start over again, making it more sandboxy or something like that.  It is great that these companies want to make the next big thing really bad, but it seems like the development times are becoming absurd and we just have to continue waiting.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306

My goodness, the number of rumours that had been flying about etc. just makes me think this now is just vaporware!

Ah well, Blizzard are too worried about losing their grande standing as top MMO creator (due to revenue and bringing MMO scnene to the "world") and therefore I'd be surprised to ever see Titan!

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    World of Darkness will be out before Titan will ...... Maybe...LOL!!!

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• omidusomidus Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    They just left a huge door wide open for WildStar

I was just thinking that. Plus Blizzard probably saw Destiny from the original halo makers and decided they weren't going to do that lol

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by Raventree

Didn't EQNext have something similar happen not too long ago?  I seem to recall they decided to scrap it and start over again, making it more sandboxy or something like that.  It is great that these companies want to make the next big thing really bad, but it seems like the development times are becoming absurd and we just have to continue waiting.

Yes. EQNext reset. They said it was to much like EQ 2.5 instead of the next iteration of EQ. It is also supposed to be more like a Sandbox. We will find out more at SOE Live.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by itchmon

ok so what do you folks think.

titan vs WoD online which comes first?  my money is on ccp and our undead friends.....

I'd rather have WoD over anything I had heard rumored about Titan.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Hmmmm ... sort of makes you think:

Where's all that money go?

You stay sassy!

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    I wonder if they decided to remake it due to the negative reception of Diablo 3?  Could Titan have been a similar experience?  There's no way to tell, but I think the possibility exists.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

9 years in development??

Must be the first Duke Nukem MMO....

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    There's people out there that still have hope for SOE? Bizarro world up in here
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Another 3 years? thats lame as hell.
  • miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    If done properly WoD is where I'd spend my Twilight years (yes I know how cheesy this comment is).
  • BrizlynBrizlyn Member UncommonPosts: 81

Blizzard is playing it smart.

They're going to watch and wait and see what other company comes up with the best MMO framework for the foreseeable future, and then copy it - and improve upon it.

It's exactly what they did with WOW, copied the basic framework of the MMO's that came first, but improved on many aspects.

I think that in a couple of years if they don't see anything groundbreaking come along in MMO's, they might scrap the entire thing and just say screw it.

Was looking forward to it, but I'm presently enjoying PS2, GW2, and Neverwinter quite a lot.  Looking forward more now to EQ Next.

-Briz

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Eggs, into one basket we will put them. You chose Smed? :wince:

In Today's Official Announcement Blizzard States:

"We don't think we could possibly make this audience happy, either. We'll milk what we have while we still have it, it should dwindle away for years. You're familiar with that, right, SoE, EA, Fun?"

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Sounds like to me the design and technology changes might have to do with the PS4 since they are supporting that now...