Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online First Person View Gameplay and Interview

Comments

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Bump
  • OlafTheStoutOlafTheStout Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Now we are talking .....really nice ! Thx for the link!
  • OlafTheStoutOlafTheStout Member UncommonPosts: 21

Here another video with some new scenes ( sry only in german)

http://playmassive.de/trailer/elder-scrolls-online/video-vorschau-hit-mmorpg-id37522.html

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

Awesome, Thanks!

Looking great, i can't wait. I'm pretty sure this will be the first AAA-mmo based on an existing IP to become incredibly succesfull! Except for Warcraft, ofcourse. And not saying that the games are bad, but SW:TOR, ST:O, Matrix Online and some other IP based MMO's were certainly not an incredible succes.

I hate people whining about ruining The Elder Scrolls serie, that this doesn't look like it, my god they should open their eyes. It's made by a different company, but damn, if you've got spare time then please google Zenimax Online studio's, the people working on TESO, they have some of the best/experienced people from the business.

I really think this game can't fail ^^

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    very cool thanks for the link
    Ya im surprised by how the graphics look realy close to the single player games and the first person gameplay too.  I am so glad they arent giving us a billion things on the hot bar and very few things on the interface.
  • HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476

The game play looks really fun IMO, something that I might have missed is he said something about instance zones, does he mean each race/alliance area is its own zone? The graphics were really good for a MMO  of this size, the combat seems to hold true and  maybe improved upon from skyrim but we wont really know until we get to play. The 4 man groups system could work well, I like how he said they are doing something different for the wow clones and instead of just making their 4 man go from normal to epic/harmode they ADD in a extra part to some 4 mans on their version of hard mode.

Couple of things that are troubling to me, one is pvp and how stupid or good it might be with how the death system is, If they go with the wow system were you respawn 10 feet away with all your stuff and no death penalty I will never pvp if they go with a more Shadowbane death system I will be in love. The other thing is no player housing (which is really dumb not to have intodays MMOs) and the guild systems, are they going to have thieves guild, fighting guild, mage guild ect that you can be apart of and feel apart of or is it gong to feel like a side mission.

All in all I think the game will be really good and a step in the right direction of what mmos could and should be. Having a place that your guild builds and defends is important to the players, they feel more invested and have more to fight for because you have something to lose. MMOs will catch up to games like SB one day I would hope.

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Originally posted by tkreep
    Bump thought people would be more excited about this than screenshots

Maybe I am. MAYBE I AM! But I won't tell you! YOU'LL NEVER KNOW!

Video showed a few things I liked. I still have gripes about how they decided to go about implementing(or not implementing) some things, but no reason I won't wanna give the game a whirl when it comes out.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Now i'm excited for this game.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by vladakov

Awesome, Thanks!

Looking great, i can't wait. I'm pretty sure this will be the first AAA-mmo based on an existing IP to become incredibly succesfull! Except for Warcraft, ofcourse. And not saying that the games are bad, but SW:TOR, ST:O, Matrix Online and some other IP based MMO's were certainly not an incredible succes.

The people working on TESO, they have some of the best/experienced people from the business.

So did EABioware

I really think this game can't fail ^^ 

The same was said of swtor, i bet you actually were one of those saying it?

What makes this game any different, don't say the IP lol.

Star Wars IP is just as strong if not stronger than TES.

If anything it's not IP based mmo's that have done better since WOW.

As for how the game looks and art style, it looks good. The problem is that no matter how good a game looks, if the animation are crap then how the game looks mean feck all.

ESO animation are some of the worst i've seen in any mmo, they were bad a year ago and they are even worst now.

You would think that a year down the road they would of improved, the game is six years in development and we are coming to the end.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Well the people making TESO made mmos before

The people that made swtor made single player rpgs before.

Also they don't have ea sat over them.
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Well the people making TESO made mmos before

The people that made swtor made single player rpgs before.

Also they don't have ea sat over them.

That's not true at all, EABioWare had many people who had worked on other mmo's.

Do your homework on the team they built to make swtor, i'm not going to do it for you.

• CthulhuPuffsCthulhuPuffs Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Originally posted by vladakov   Zenimax Online studio's, the people working on TESO, they have some of the best/experienced people from the business.

Matt Firor and Paul Sage havent worked on any actual MMO in over 10 years.

Google their work history

Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

Games Played: Too Many

Yeah and they have a whole bunch of other people that worked on daoc, uo, coh, swg, and numerous other mmos.

As for the swtor team, well yeah they had a few people from war, mostly the people who suited the ea regime like Jeff hickman and gabe amangetello. e.g. drones not creatives.
  • HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by CthulhuPuffs
    Originally posted by vladakov   Zenimax Online studio's, the people working on TESO, they have some of the best/experienced people from the business.

Matt Firor and Paul Sage havent worked on any actual MMO in over 10 years.

Google their work history

What does that matter, many artist take large breaks because their work isnt just some Nicolas Cage movie. Some of these guys wait for something worth the effort to get it done, they dont have other people do the work for them in their name, they stay involved with each detail.

All I see form this is the game will be that much better because its not made in a day like Cryptic made NW.

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

holy mama this game looks TERRIBLE.. oh my lordy

can't wait to follow this MMO through the SWTOR flogging experience

Yeah and they have a whole bunch of other people that worked on daoc, uo, coh, swg, and numerous other mmos.

As for the swtor team, well yeah they had a few people from war, mostly the people who suited the ea regime like Jeff hickman and gabe amangetello. e.g. drones not creatives.

Really you know everyone who worked on swtor, please give me the full list, if not then you are just guessing.

Seems to me you like to beat on other mmo's but can't handle it when it's a game you like.

ESO is no where near a dead cert, in fact ZeniMax are seriously lacking in information. Even this new vid is filled with stuff and information we already know about. Take the FPV away and it's a pretty "more of the same" dull video.

Because ShakyMo say's these people are drones it must be so, right?

Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Really you know everyone who worked on swtor, please give me the full list, if not then you are just guessing.

Seems to me you like to beat on other mmo's but can't handle it when it's a game you like.

ESO is no where near a dead cert, in fact ZeniMax are seriously lacking in information. Even this new vid is filled with stuff and information we already know about. Take the FPV away and it's a pretty "more of the same" dull video.

Because ShakyMo say's these people are drones it must be so, right?

More of ES will be revealed at E3

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    glad they decided to put in real first person combat when they first announced it was going to be no weapons or animations in first person mode I was instantly not interested seems like they realized it was good to have and im interested again.
    Tkreep

Ask anyone who played war about the likes of hickman, barnet and the other people left after the ea take over took root.

Hickman was a community moderator on daoc. Ea came in, he ended up being put in charge of war, then later they put him in charge of swtor. The guys never programmed, designedor produced game art in his life but somehow ended up a project lead.

For more info check out the ealouse stuff.
    ^ sorry meant savage

As for "beating on other mmos you don't like"

I've actually played swtor, I found it very poor.

Have you actually played TESO? How can you form an opinion on something not even released. It maybe good, it may suck, no one knows, personally I think it will be slightly above average with an over reliance on instancing.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

In-game graphics keep looking better and better with each new video we see.

Looking good.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Honestly? I think it would have been badass if the whole game was forced 1st person for everyone instead of a sort of novelty feature. I might roll with it while questing just for a little different experience. It's nice that it's there.
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Gamers are so fickle i can't stand any of you.
    ^ sorry meant savage

As for "beating on other mmos you don't like"

I've actually played swtor, I found it very poor.

Have you actually played TESO? How can you form an opinion on something not even released. It maybe good, it may suck, no one knows, personally I think it will be slightly above average with an over reliance on instancing.

Just like you can form an opinion on it, not once have i said it will suck. I'm saying that what we have seen so far and that's hardly anything, it doesn't look impressive at all.

Slightly above average is not what ZeniMax are hoping for there game, if slightly above average make you happy then it's a pretty poor show on your part.

If slightly above average is what the mmo community are satisfied with then their is no hope for mmo's, seriously your attitude and acceptance of slightly above average mmo's is what's killing mmo's.