Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite overall race and class from any game?

Comments

• YukmarcYukmarc Member UncommonPosts: 165

Favorite classes would have to be DAOC pre nerf Smite Cleric or Warrior Priest in Warhammer followed closely by the Squig Herder. Favorite race would be the Warhammer Online Goblins. Loved how they wet themselves and shivered whenever they got scared.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Castanic race in Tera, Evie class in Vindictus. Scythe weapon melee combos, Giant Golem pet created from smashed debris, reversed gravity spell which lifts and smashes every enemy around you. Switch weapon to staff and you're full blown spell caster. Cool class!
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

I would probably have to say out of classes, Shaman from WoW (atleast back in Vanilla), true hybrid that could master pretty much all aspects, healing, ranged DPS and melee if specced so.

Out of races, There's many.. maybe Orks from WHO

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by Nikopol

Race: Easy: Goblin from Warhammer Online. :)

Class: Can't decide. Though Vanguard bard is really good.

Damn forgot about those Goblins they had so much character had me cracking up constantly.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

No real favorite race. Sue me.

Class wise I'd say enchanter though theres so many ones that stick out.

Enchanter (Aion) - Bo-staff is awesome, concept of a support class focusing with a damage edge is just great.

RiftBlade (Rift) - Melee fighter with magic spells to enhance attacks. Just fun, combined with their mobility to really be entertaining to play.

Scythe Eve (Vindictus) - You wouldn't believe the hours I wracked up on that game. Scythe even was the perfect blend of melee with a backing of magic. She had a playstyle that was just so fun to play, with one of the most bad ass finishing abilities ever "the snap of doom" of sorts. She was just a great joy to play even if I had to go through using a staff for a while before I could even really play her.

Feral Druid (WoW) - WOTLK days. Starting with Hybred tank/dps and swapping to pure dps. Never did I have such a fun dps spec in any game,  providing both challenge and reward. I never felt so satisfied being the top dps on the server being the only feral dps druid in a top end raiding guild while making them meters cry. Oh and breaking threat on Mimiron hard mode. Those hand of salvation rotations on me were hilarious.

Slayer (Tera Online) - Combining powerful attacks with high mobility, the slayer just felt so perfect in blending the art of being both strong with higher mobility, rewarding careful planning of attack and careful execution. 

Assassin (Ragnarok Online) - Pretty much the most played class in game. Assassin was just a blast to play, whether you went with katars using sonic blow to unleash fury on enemies or went dual dagger and just watched the carnage of big numbers popping up. So fun I remember creating trial accounts when RO was P2P and I've leveled up 4 Assassins within the 4 week trial period and enjoyed it, even if back then it was grinding mobs.

Monk (Ragnarok Online) - Asura Strike! While not its only ability, its quite memorable. Combo monk was just a blast to play and its champion counterpart no different. With the right amount of points grabbing snap and porting around setting up combos just felt so satisfying, even if it felt a bit spammy with pressing buttons in hops of getting it off. Darn you early internet games!

Sniper (Ragnarok Online) - A later one I tried but one I enjoyed. RO is full of choice letting you make your build as you want and as simple as it was, the Crit-sniper build for me was pure enjoyment. The rate of fire I had was insane, all while having my bird blitz seeing those numbers fly like crazy. Its damage output was just sheer crazy and felt so satisfying, watching stuff melt without effort. 

Dark Knight (FF11) - You could use a SCYTHE. Seriously, bad ass. Just saying! Not but really, the combination of melee with prowess in Dark Magic just made it a fun class to play, even if you ate the tanks agro at times if you were being over zealous.

Shadow Priest(WoW) Another wow one, this one back in TBC (WoW prime I feel). The concept of a support/mana battery was entertaining, particularly when I could manage to pull off damage, topping up on meters despite the upward battle. The play style was just fun and it filled a nice niche roll.

Whitesmith (Ragnarok Online) - Yeah I know "not RO again!" But yes, its classes just stood out so well. Blacksmith (whitesmith trans) was just such a fun beast to play. Its emphasize on enhancing its abilities just made it fun. Throwing your cart around to smash creatures before giving them a nice 1-2 to the face with an axe was just entertaining to play with.

Assassin (D2) - Oh, the amount of assassin's I made in Diablo 2 of various types. Assassin was pretty much my favorite class. From the traditional Trap sin to martial, there was a bunch of builds to play with and many of which were fun to use.

Mesmer (Guildwars 1) - My time with GW1 was short (I couldn't get into it much... though I do respect it... unlike ANOTHER game... *glares at 2)  but the one class idea I really enjoyed was mesmer. While its 2nd did expand on it, it didn't feel like it really had the depth it did in the first. The idea of illusion focused caster was just entertaining and its something I enjoyed a lot.

• fuzzylogic11fuzzylogic11 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Originally posted by Yukmarc

Favorite classes would have to be DAOC pre nerf Smite Cleric or Warrior Priest in Warhammer followed closely by the Squig Herder. Favorite race would be the Warhammer Online Goblins. Loved how they wet themselves and shivered whenever they got scared.

High five on the Squig Herder. Almost forgot about them. Any pet class where you can ride inside your pets mouth is ok by me.

• StuddleyStuddley Member Posts: 37

Race would have to be Goblin in Warhammer. Over the top evil and comic relief, plus short enough to hide in bushes.

Class is Bard from EQ. Twisting three or four songs together for various affects was great.

For a favorite THING in an MMO it would be the Mind Control Helmet from WOW.

• Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Originally posted by coretex666

Undead Rogue (warcraft)

This.

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138

I can't think of a favorite race/species... enjoyed a lot from EQ to TERA.

But my favorite class of all time is definitly Anarchy Online's Fixer. They were speed and teleport masters. Just writting about it make me miss mine...

AO2 where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ?

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    1. Bard and Tamer from Ultima Online.
    2. Archer from Asheron's Call
    3. Friar from Dark Age of Camelot.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Then

I don't care much for race, I prefer female anything with the exclusion of dwarf. 

Nicest thing about the fem dwarves--they're an excellent place to hide away from the hormone-brigade teens.

But I like Terry Pratchett's dwarves. Not even the dwarves can easily tell what sex they are anyway.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Nicest thing about the fem dwarves--they're an excellent place to hide away from the hormone-brigade teens.

/old perv hormone-brigade

Unlinke your actual avatar.

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• BahamutKaiserBahamutKaiser Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Never was happy in most MMOs, I can never play the dragon I wanna play.

Ironically I liked the Dragoon in FFXI best, but wanted them to dump the wyvern sidekick because it was lame... Unfortunately Dragoon in FFXI was crappy so the game was even less enjoyable than it normally is...

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, if they get angry, they'll be a mile away... and barefoot.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,310

I like Dwarves.

I really like Dwarves that carry guns.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

I liked my Cleric from EQ, and my Blood Mage from Vanguard. I think the cleric was because it was my first healer, and because with a full heal it felt like you could really make a difference.

The blood mage was because I loved the way you had two targets and used the blood.

I can totally see a Necro that uses a similar mechanic, but with more offensive uses for the blood tie.

Asdar

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Harbinger in Rift and The Forsaken from WoW.

I love the undead in WoW. They look act and sound great.

A race I want to see though is ghosts. I think GW2's style of ghosts would be perfect as a race. ANet need to get on it right away.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • superussuperus Member Posts: 94

The bear-face-sheep-body centaur Warrior with the Clover Helm (enchanted with +4 cuteness) on the front page currently.

That will undoubtedly be my favorite race and class.

• EcnaliEcnali Member CommonPosts: 49

Hobbitses!  Nasty, thieving, stinking hobbits!   

As for favorite class, I really like burglars, loremasters, rune keepers and captains. ... Sigh, if I could make a hobbit captain I'd reroll so fast your head would spin!

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

Dragons in Istaria, the only MMO with playable dragons (does Dragon Prophet let you play as dragons?)

Undead in WoW...is WoW the only game to let you play as the Undead? Never played any MMO let alone game besides Warcraft (RTS included) that let you play as the Undead.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• MachinationMachination Member UncommonPosts: 70

The Hobbits in LOTRO. From feeling how big the world is when you go about as one (Everything scales up to your character) to their hearty laughter and their delightful emotes. They are without a doubt the best and most memorable race I've ever played.

I don't have a favorite class per se. I do like The Secret World's ability wheel though and having that freedom to try out new things with just one character. I'd love to see this idea deeply explored by more game developers in the future. It's brilliant.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

gnome bloodmage

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• DhaenonDhaenon Member UncommonPosts: 150

All-Time-Class: DAoC's Vampiir

All-Time-Race: WoW's Blood Elf 

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

I gotta add EQ1 Necro to my class list.

Not for their solo ability, but they had tremendous group utility if you found one who knew what he was doing.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Vindicar
    Originally posted by Icewhite

/old perv hormone-brigade

Unlinke your actual avatar.

Apparently, I've offended a teen.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

EQ1 bard - was fun being a jack of all trades.Also,weaving songs and running incredibly fast kept me playing the class for years.

As for race,the one that stands out to me the most is one that Ive never even played.The Lurikeen from DAOC..super small and I always had trouble spotting them on the field.