Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO-FPS-RPG game? Do they exist?

OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276

I love FPS game. I love Planetside 2 I am excited for Destiny I play COD. I also enjoy complex MMORPGs. I like making weapons, playing with the economy, shooting s**t with other people and what not else.

If you play an MMORPG it has all the little things and sometimes they are even well done. Mainly crafting in most games sucks. I also like how some MMOrpgs are starting to have minigames (good mini games) for crafting and doing other normal tasks (love playing the cooking game in Age of wushu). One thing I dislike is the combate in these games are weak. See Guild wars 2 or Neverwinter and dont even get me started on tab targetting games.

For FPS I love the combat. In Planet side 2 I love the large scale the options of when, where and how to fight. I like headshotting hiding and all the general other stuff in FPS.

Is there any game that has FPS combat but has the casual stuff like a MMORPG like crafting cooking? Making a house or what ever? Does that exist is there something coming up that might have these? Maybe Destiny? Thanks for all your help! 

Comments

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

they keep trying to make them, im sure if ya look around you will find one that suits you.

i for one preferr ta targeting in my MMORPGs, but im iv accepted that like P2P this is a system that is fadeing away as people dont appreciate it anymore, and i can enjoy the new systems i just find the ever shrinking amount of power/abilites avilable to you at a time to be discorageing.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by Squeak69

they keep trying to make them, im sure if ya look around you will find one that suits you.

i for one preferr ta targeting in my MMORPGs, but im iv accepted that like P2P this is a system that is fadeing away as people dont appreciate it anymore, and i can enjoy the new systems i just find the ever shrinking amount of power/abilites avilable to you at a time to be discorageing.

I blame the shrinking of amount of abilities/powers on MOBA popularity....if that community was not so toxic I might play more LoL But really looking for a fine FPS with some of the MMOrpg casual stuff I like.

• sinni800sinni800 Member Posts: 26

There's http://www.neocron-game.com/ 

It's a MMORPG with FPS gameplay. It's not FPS centric and the FPS elements can require getting used to. Your recticule is determined by your stats, but you still aim yourself. 

It's completely free and has no cash shop. The maker is kinda bankrupt but the people who work on it in their free time are the actual devs. It has it's problems but it has extensive crafting (which can be confusing) and a actually pretty lively community (small but awesome).

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Maybe try firefall? Haven't played it in a long time but it was one of the few mmofps games that focused on pve more so than pvp
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Defiance just recently released.  it has some rpg elements.  it's worth the box price imo,  but it's not something that can be played for an extended amount of time (imo.)
  • SacriaSacria Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr
    Maybe try firefall? Haven't played it in a long time but it was one of the few mmofps games that focused on pve more so than pvp

You know it's still in beta right?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by muffins89
    Defiance just recently released.  it has some rpg elements.  it's worth the box price imo,  but it's not something that can be played for an extended amount of time (imo.)

while i don't disagree with your estimate on the games ability to take up your time, the game isnt a MMOFPS, its a third person shooter, in the same vein as gears of war etc, if you check out planetside 2 you'll see the difference, which is huge.

but for an MMOFPS with RPG elements, afaik there isnt one, not even aware of any currently in development, kind of a shame really as i wouldnt mind playing that kind of a game myself, im just not into third person shooters though, not even gears of war image

• XandramasXandramas Member Posts: 73
    Neocron is the only one. Its old now though.
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Firefall (sci-fi themepark with cartooon graphics), or Darkfall (fantasy PvP sandbox with full loot).
  • SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG6QDsAfLTQ

only game on the planet that has fps combat and is unique..

Only thing is the people who made the game.. don't develop or support it..

We are trying to get it back

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/darkfall-10-server/

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Pie_Rat
    Firefall (sci-fi themepark with cartooon graphics), or Darkfall (fantasy PvP sandbox with full loot).

Does this portend the creation of DarkFire next year?

("Combining two keen word roots that always market well to teenage males! Coming in 2014! Come see our classic Red and Black color scheme!")

It almost markets itself!

Oh goddammit /facedesk

Welcome to Darkfire Online, the Living Fantasy MMORPG where Humans, Elves, Dwarves and Lizards battle for the freedom of the land of Darkfire. Game features:

• Four Races to choose from
    • Player Housing and Player Merchants
    • Guilds
    • Horses
    • Rich Spell System
    • Full Skill and Crafting System
    • Wide Variety of Terrain and Monsters
    • Quests
    • GM Sponsored Events
    • Constantly Evolving Based on Your Input!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.