Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just release it already!

CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 455
We know you have a polished product here, probably way more polished than many recent MMO's, and we are running out of games here so... Yeah, just release the god damn game or I'll have to go outside and do real stuff in the real world.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

Comments

• ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224
    From comments by Gaffney the CEO of Wildstar I would not expect release any earlier than November if at all this year.  While we all are excited and want to play the game hopefully Carbine will do the right thing and wait until the game is ready and then add time on top of that.
  • deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193
    You are aware that 2 races and 2 classes haven't even been released yet ? It'll be quite some months before Wildstar releases.
  • StuddleyStuddley Member Posts: 37
    My bet is early December, just in time to be Christmas presents. Not that they would hold out for sales, just when I think it will be done.
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

to the op pardon my fench F%$#ING H$%# NO

sorry but im sick of players AND publishers pressureing the develment of games and forceing them to release before the devs are comfterble with it,

i say take as much time as you need to, to get the game at a point where you fill it is ready ignore the fans who say release now ignore the publishers who say we want out payday now, work on the game and make it as perfect as you think you can, even though it will still have laucnh issues, all MMOs do but at leat you can get rid of the ones that have no right existeing and you can get all the features worked out and working the way you want them to.

to many games fall under this issue of late and im sick of it. i want a game that is done not half done.

so please take your time and listen to your beta testers and dont do the open beta/ preview thing until your ready, i cna wait and anyone who wants the game to be good can wait as well.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    IMO, Not anytime soon. Probably be released Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday season. Trust me, it's not ready yet.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• aionixaionix Member UncommonPosts: 288
    No.  This is an MMO.  It will never be ready enough for launch in this day an age.  Lets take a chill pill and have some patience for it to be the best it can. 
  • Beyond_EterniaBeyond_Eternia Member UncommonPosts: 102

I feel your pain. There is one thing that scares me though. It will be released probably around the same time as the Xbox One. So far I am sold on getting one. I am really sold on Destiny too.

Time you enjoy wasting...is not wasted time
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Squeak69

sorry but im sick of players AND publishers pressureing the develment of games and forceing them to release before the devs are comfterble with it,

i say take as much time as you need to, to get the game at a point where you fill it is ready ignore the fans who say release now ignore the publishers who say we want out payday now, work on the game and make it as perfect as you think you can, even though it will still have laucnh issues, all MMOs do but at leat you can get rid of the ones that have no right existeing and you can get all the features worked out and working the way you want them to.

to many games fall under this issue of late and im sick of it. i want a game that is done not half done.

so please take your time and listen to your beta testers and dont do the open beta/ preview thing until your ready, i cna wait and anyone who wants the game to be good can wait as well.

/great

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275

I hate to say this to the OP, but just chill and wait.  Let them and their beta testers do their jobs to find all the bugs and other problems and hopefully fix them before they release  the game. 

Far to may companies rush the beta testing and release game that have not had problems found during beta fixed and/or everything included in the game that they said will be there.

I would much rather them to take their time and fix everything and include everything they have talked about before they release it to us. 

• mitobunnymitobunny Member Posts: 8
    The only main issue is that they need to get the game out before the big one hits (Elder Scrolls). Atm apparently 70% or so of the team is working on the end game content (was in a recent vid), so it can't be all that off aside from bug fixes and server testing. IMO, it probably will launch in late 2013 simply because we're still in alpha and they haven't really done much advertising yet. Also to those who say the classes aren't announced and stuff, that's just a way to get people all excited for something new, keep it in their minds.
  • AnokiiAnokii Member Posts: 3

What...?!?!?

Release it now so what? you can rush to level cap, exploit the crap out of everything you can find, and then complain about how stupid, incomplete, useless, no endgame, not getting my everything for free, waste of time this game turned out to be...?!?!?!

No thanks, I'm eagerly awaiting it too, but considering the last couple of 'soft launch' 'open beta' disasters along with the I should have everything for free, want it now, self-entitled brat packs our there. I would much prefer to sit here and wait for a quality product, hopefully the wait will deter the less dedicated and they can find some other publisher to go bash.

Now,,,,, Get off my lawn...!!!

These are not the signatures you are looking for..!!!

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

ESO isnt their only competition

Despite SOE's wrap, a lot of MMO veterans/players will give Everquest Next the fair shot it deserves, since its F2P and to a lot of players, the grandfather of MMOS in their MMO history.

ESO will probably try to make an impression at E3 or the week leading up to E3, similar to PAX East. But maybe announcing open beta or a release date, I dont know.

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Man shhh, are you like 9? If they want to wait in till their game is ready then that is a good idea. If you want your trash games, go play dragon prophet they took your impatience 9 year old stand. 
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

LOL one of my friends on fb was saying he was throwing money at the screen but nothing was happening.

I'm personally going to wait and see what he says about it. Word of mouth from experience is always better then jumping in with both feet.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Waiting til 2014 to begin waiting for it.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Caldicot
     we are running out of games here so...

We are ?

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Carbine cant release it now, it still needs months of work.
  • BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158

What am I reading? Should we listen to your post over the 1,000 of others because you added a few swear words? Kids...lol.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    According to released beta notes, they're not even to mid level testing yet.  Don't expect it any sooner than Nov, if that.  I imagine it will take some time to thoroughly test all the 20 mans, 40 mans, and warplots. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Release a mmo and we see people racing to max level and then make post - THERE AINT NO ENDGAME !!!!!! NO ENDGAME !!!! ENDGAME
    WHERE IS ENDGAME ? SUCK GAME NO ENDGAME ?
    NO MORE PLAY ?

No no no no.....

take your time....take another year if need be, but just create a wonderfull world where we log in and forget about real life once more.
    Where we log in and get lost untill you watch the clock and see its 04:00 in the morning....

Where you just want to level up and see the next zone and discover all their secrets and special stuff.

Where we reach max level and can join the good old dungeon crawls and work for a gear once more.

Where we gear up for 40 man raids <----- 40 man raids <------YES YES YES 40 man raids !!!!! did i mentioned it ?
    40 man raids !!!!

Where guilds break apart at bosses like we had in WoW, Vealestrazz the guildbreaker.

I better stop now

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by Skullagrim

I feel your pain. There is one thing that scares me though. It will be released probably around the same time as the Xbox One. So far I am sold on getting one. I am really sold on Destiny too.

Have you tried  voice control on your phone? It ain't gonna happen batman...

And, you already got a TV and cable, or a box..

If you want a console,  buy a ps4.

Sincerely

Ex-box user.

• GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by makasouleater69
    Man shhh, are you like 9? If they want to wait in till their game is ready then that is a good idea. If you want your trash games, go play dragon prophet they took your impatience 9 year old stand. 

Where have you been the last five years?  35 in the new 9.  ;)

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

this is becoming classic true believer reply on these threads. " yeaaa go on take your timeee i can wait forever you know aslong you dont release it too soon " marketing of games starts too early , companies market their becoming mmos years and years and when some people grow bored to wait cause of early marketing some people say yaaaaa take your tiiiiime. 

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by faxnadu

this is becoming classic true believer reply on these threads. " yeaaa go on take your timeee i can wait forever you know aslong you dont release it too soon " marketing of games starts too early , companies market their becoming mmos years and years and when some people grow bored to wait cause of early marketing some people say yaaaaa take your tiiiiime. 

So you're saying it will be just as good if they rushed it, or that they should rush it because people want it right now....I'm having a hard time trying interpret your post as anything but.....stupid.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by BlueTiger33

What am I reading? Should we listen to your post over the 1,000 of others because you added a few swear words? Kids...lol.

no you should liten cause its common sense, that aside, did you even read the rest of it, and what thousands of others im seeing a good percentage of people posting here that agree with me, im sorry but not all of us jump from game to game whilly nilly and then only play it for a month or two. some of us like our games solid and with depth so we can call it home.

not that any of the games that have come out in last few years fit this bill.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.