Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Console-Wars Are Over

Comments

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Originally posted by Mothanos

There is one thing that will bite back raly hard....paying for a tittle that is alrady payed for.
    Want to play a friends game ? damn no pay for it....
    Be online aty least once 24 hour or bye bye playing games.
    Kinect + mic always on ? no thanks

Microsoft is getting owned so hard this round, they wont even see this comming.
    There is one massive rand going trough the whole world about their way of handling gamers.
    And gamers dont like to be forced with shit down their throat they dint even askt for.

If playstation is doing the same then MS might be lucky, but the vibe on the interwebs is 95% negative.

1) Players will not pay the fee, the stores will, Microsoft said that in a statement. If you want to share something to a friend, give him your xbox live account. You are doing this with Steam already so quit bitching about it. 

2) Single player games will have no such requirement 

3) You can always turn kinect off. You won't die if you do so. 

The TV feature is optional which every single one of you crybabies seems to forget. But why do I wonder, you cry about modified start menu in Windows 8 and how it ruins the whole OS xD

Man I'm out of here, you are bunch of sad sad people

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    What happens if I go on vacation, and take my new console with me? And I have no Internet? Can I still play the games I bought?

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

Originally posted by olepi
    What happens if I go on vacation, and take my new console with me? And I have no Internet? Can I still play the games I bought?

If you have no internet (not even Personal hotspot from the phone) and the game is single player, I'm pretty sure you can

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by Sk1ppeR

There is one thing that will bite back raly hard....paying for a tittle that is alrady payed for.

There is one massive rand going trough the whole world about their way of handling gamers.
    And gamers dont like to be forced with shit down their throat they dint even askt for.

If playstation is doing the same then MS might be lucky, but the vibe on the interwebs is 95% negative.

1) Players will not pay the fee, the stores will, Microsoft said that in a statement. If you want to share something to a friend, give him your xbox live account. You are doing this with Steam already so quit bitching about it. 

2) Single player games will have no such requirement 

3) You can always turn kinect off. You won't die if you do so. 

The TV feature is optional which every single one of you crybabies seems to forget. But why do I wonder, you cry about modified start menu in Windows 8 and how it ruins the whole OS xD

Man I'm out of here, you are bunch of sad sad people

Pretty sure that cost will end up in the final resale cost of a used game.  You may not be paying it directly to M$, but don't think for a second that the gamer is not paying it.  The reseller will just tack on whatever the M$ used game fee is.

Ex:  M$ charges $30 for a used game fee.  Reseller purchases a $60 retail game for $10 (far lower than they would if they didn't have to pay the used game fee).  Reseller pays M$ the $30 used game fee.  Reseller sells used game for $50 (and only $10 profit).

Sounds pretty awesome for gamers, right?

I don't know, I bought an used game only once and the DVD was in terrible condition. Since then I never bought an used game. And no I'm not some rich spoiled brat. 
  • SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326

Yes because hardcore gamers really matter: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/05/xbox-one-gaming/

Oh wait, they don't really.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Well, I was happy with my Wii U. Now I'm ecstatic :).
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by mithoss

What kind of console-wars? The good old bit-wars, where technical superiority and games lineup was what mattered.

So, who won? Seems like nobody! There is a last place (wiiu) but theres no winner. Why? well, i'll say it this way:

while sony decided to develop a great white shark, a superior predator of the seas, microsoft decided to...conquer land. What they came up whit was an otter, a land-water hybrid. So, theres no point in pitting an otter vs a shark. Thats why theres no winner, microsoft just evolved into another direction. Time will tell which species will be more successful.

actually the shark is an animal which didn't need to evolve in like several thousand years (no idea how many exactly. could be some 10k-^00k or more or less, who knows).

if you wanna let nature decide this, the shark won by miles :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

The only thing the XboxOne did for sure was to kill the WiiU. That is the market they are targeting and with a very simple interface (IF it will work as advertised... Big IF but still) and a all in one product they will even cut a chunk out of the PS4 market by offering more bang for the buck. They will prolly loose a good amount of gamers but we are not interesting any more. As a market group we are obsolete. There is a way larger market in the casual group and they aim to win by offering a little bit to everybody and thus take all the households that only want(or can afford) one console.

Now the funny thing is that Sony wins either way as the Xbox have a blu-ray player (hench why the sony stock sky rocketed) and they will most likley win the "gamer-wars"

This have been a good conversation

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by BizkitNL
    Well, I was happy with my Wii U. Now I'm ecstatic :).

Same here. If Nintendo get on the case and start getting developers to make games for it, even if it a port and using the ordinary controller it will be a start. It has been proven that the games can be better than Xbox 360 and PS3

The ironic thing though as well is that Sony did actually get a patent to block used games. They did deny this to be the case for the PS4, and it was for something else, but if they have the patent, then could use it for the PS4 later, or it is there if companies want to use it. While the PS4 may not block used games, EA for example, may want to apply DRM to their PS4 games.

This is not a problem with the Wii U - It has no DRM at all, and is backwards compatible with the Wiii, and internet connection is not a necessity.

Both PS4 and Xbox ONE are so online focussed that they are losing the console feeling, and becoming more like PCs, especially the Xbox ONE. Consoles should be more about playing games with other people in the same room, which is what the Wii and Wii U excel at. So as a games console I would say Nintendo and the Wii U have won.

I think the order of next gen games consoles are 1) Wii U, 2) PS4 3) Xbox ONE

The order of best next gen games machines are 1) PC 2) Mobile devices 3) PS4 4) Wii U 5) Xbox ONE

Originally posted by tawess

The only thing the XboxOne did for sure was to kill the WiiU. That is the market they are targeting and with a very simple interface (IF it will work as advertised... Big IF but still) and a all in one product they will even cut a chunk out of the PS4 market by offering more bang for the buck. They will prolly loose a good amount of gamers but we are not interesting any more. As a market group we are obsolete. There is a way larger market in the casual group and they aim to win by offering a little bit to everybody and thus take all the households that only want(or can afford) one console.

Now the funny thing is that Sony wins either way as the Xbox have a blu-ray player (hench why the sony stock sky rocketed) and they will most likley win the "gamer-wars"

I think the Xbox ONE will be more suited for one person in a bachelor pad, and not really suited for a family. If kids want to play games and the parents want to watch TV, then they will be fighting over it. Also will not be easy to take the Xbox ONE to a friends house as if you do, you take the TV with you. So for a family you will still need a TV box and a console.

The Wii U wins here, if kids are playing Wii U, Dad comes home and wants to watch TV, then the game can be transferred from the TV to the screen controller. No need to buy an extra TV. Also console can easily be taken to friends house.

The only reason Wii U is losing is lack of games and lack of support

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

I like both. I own both. I will buy both of the new consoles. Now let's put preferences aside and look at actual data. The Dreamcast was a great console with a series of great games but was undone by weak financials of it's parent company Sega. They just didn't have enough money in the bank to fund them while they gained market share for the long game.

Microsoft, both the parent company and the gaming division have strong revenue and profits in the Billions.

Sony parent corp has been losing BILLIONS quarterly while it's gaming division has been profitable. Unfortunately the way corporate economics work is that they have to put additional pressure on profitable assets to increase margins to counter losses in other areas. Many analysts are concerned that Sony Entertainment is going to have to make a lot of changes that will not be received favorably as Sony scrambles to stem the bleeding.

Both consoles will sell well, it is silly and immature to speculate otherwise. I also don't anticipate a major shift in market share. The only concern I have is that Sony continues it's downward financial spiral which would destabilize Sony Entertainment support. It is sadly much like the democracy/communism cold war. The real battle is fought on the ledger sheet and black always beats red.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

What just occured to me is that the xbox one is perfect for arguing with your parents: "No, you wont get a xbox, all you will do is play the whole time" "But mooom, you can watch your favirite tv series and dad can have his dreamteam!"

kinda clever marketing towards unwilling parents.

Are you assuming someone's parents are too stupid to realize they can already watch their favorite TV Series or dream team on the TV they already have?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Microsoft have signed a deal with both ea and activision to get their games first. People will still buy xbox to play cod. I won't though, its like the ultimate alliance of "evil".
  • RedrumickeyRedrumickey Member Posts: 13

Xbox one is know longer about gaming and what little there was told gamers were going to bash your heads open to bleed ever last red cent from you and your going to like because we said so. Bill got his head stuck up his think Xbox one is taking over all forms of entertainment and to do so one part of the entertainment package is going to have to pay for it and that gamers. 

Very bad move for the only ones who really give a shit about your Xbox one were the gamers and you just told them your going to F them over . As along time Xbox fan I would never give you one bloody cent  any more of my hard earn money .So sick of the gaming industry .Every time you turn around somebody trying F you over now days .

The winner going to be the first company to give gamers back their self respect  rather then treating us all like morons into       S & M with deep endless pockets of money.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

What kind of console-wars? The good old bit-wars, where technical superiority and games lineup was what mattered.

So, who won? Seems like nobody! There is a last place (wiiu) but theres no winner. Why? well, i'll say it this way:

while sony decided to develop a great white shark, a superior predator of the seas, microsoft decided to...conquer land. What they came up whit was an otter, a land-water hybrid. So, theres no point in pitting an otter vs a shark. Thats why theres no winner, microsoft just evolved into another direction. Time will tell which species will be more successful.

So.... Sony=Shark, Microsoft=Otter........ what does that make Nintendo? Im going with a duck. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    The console wars may be over since the big 2(sorry Nintendo) are basically converging into becoming set top box PCs.But as long as their more than one brand of them the Fanboi wars will never,ever end!!!!
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by DamonVile

People still buy Iphones....you wont be wrong. It's no longer about buying what's best, it's about owning things first.

The brand loyalty, still, (after all these years of console wars) is really pretty astonishing

Atari !!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Yes the console wars are over.  Microsoft just blew it with their xbox one.  The totally missed what folks wanted to do.   Nobody wants a box that controls you tv, forces konetix on you, and acts like a cable box. 

Hey I have cable already,  So I don't need my xbox to control my tv, that is why I have cable, and a cable package, and a blue ray. I have all the options that I need already. 

I put my xbox 360 in the local newspaper, not one call and the folks down at gamestop have told folks they have to many xbox 360 being turned in and will not take any more.

So yes the console wars are over and Microsoft has lost.  

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by KhinRunite

Meh, once Microsoft unveiled their game lineup at E3 I'm sure a lot of people will eat their own words and hand over their money while hating themselves. Halo, Forza, etc WILL change people's minds.

Of course, I want to be wrong about this.

People still buy Iphones....you wont be wrong. It's no longer about buying what's best, it's about owning things first.

And the funny thing is people actually believe that anyone but the retailers, marketers,producers and 12 year old girls give two sh!ts about what phone/gadget you have and when you got it.  The race is long and in the end, it is only against yourself.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Microsoft have signed a deal with both ea and activision to get their games first. People will still buy xbox to play cod. I won't though, its like the ultimate alliance of "evil".

Not games first.  DLC first.  

Also. the PS4 DRM is still up in the air.  Their statement was "its up to the publisher".

Edit: As for the newest and best, I got a Nokia 206.  Because I gave my Iphone to my mom and wanted something cute and cheap.  Oh and with actual buttons. Am I missing my iphone? Absolutely not.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    I haven't been following.  What's the big gripe with the WiiU?  I know the Wii won the current generation's console war quite handily.  
    Originally posted by erictlewis

Yes the console wars are over.  Microsoft just blew it with their xbox one.  The totally missed what folks wanted to do.   Nobody wants a box that controls you tv, forces konetix on you, and acts like a cable box. 

Hey I have cable already,  So I don't need my xbox to control my tv, that is why I have cable, and a cable package, and a blue ray. I have all the options that I need already. 

I put my xbox 360 in the local newspaper, not one call and the folks down at gamestop have told folks they have to many xbox 360 being turned in and will not take any more.

So yes the console wars are over and Microsoft has lost.  

Why are people getting rid of Xbox 360s already? It is still a viable console for the rest of the year at least and for the foreseeable future as MS are not dropping support for it.

I plan to get another Xbox 360 or two myself, more so than a Xbox ONE or PS4. I still have loads of unfinished games to play on it, as SWG kept me from playing them, plus plan to backtrack and get more USED games (which Xbox ONE does not easily support) of ones that have gone out of print, to support the USED games market

I am going to support the Xbox 360 for as long as possible, as MS did good with it and want a repeat performance of that, and not the Xbox ONE route

Originally posted by Castillle
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

Not games first.  DLC first.  

Also. the PS4 DRM is still up in the air.  Their statement was "its up to the publisher".

Ah so I was right then.

If PS4 games get DRM then that clearly makes WIi U the console to get

• mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135

PS4 will do well...

PC will raise.

XBOX ONCE ?   :  

Step in the arena and break the wall down