Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I love this game, I wish I could show my appreciation to the developers more.

CalypsxCalypsx Member Posts: 38

Made an account just for this, and I'm very sad I just found out about this game

This is honestly probably the best mmorpg I have ever played. I love lots of games and after finding out gw2 was potentially one of the worst mmorpgs I've played in a long time compared to the first game, I was put away from the genre.

Then I stumbled upon this game, and at first I was unsure, since I saw the combat animations, and I like flashy things, but I told myself to just give it a go, what harm could it do. Well I tried it, and I have to say, it felt like an adventure game, a horror game, an action game, an rpg, just so many things mixed into one, it brought back my interest in the genre and I have to say I don't think I'm leaving for a long time. I used to play other games before this one and I'm now leaving all my other games just so I can invest more into this one, it's got me hooked, even little things like the unique atmosphere and the characters just make me want to play.

Blahh, it's just so great, I don't even know why either, I just am having so much fun, which is a first compared to all the recent games, and I'm no mmorpg hopper, and I enjoy lots of games and even the games I quit YEARS ago like say Aion, or hell even SWTOR I can honestly say I had fun with those games on release, and got my money's worth, but this game honestly has brought a whole new appreciation to the genre and it's one I really can't wait to see the future for.

Seriously though, I'm going to subscribe, buy a few things in the cash shop, but I still feel like I want to do more, since this game is just so amazing and fun for me, I can't really describe it. I wish I could do more honestly.

Comments

• emi56emi56 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Same here mate. Really enjoying this game. Great story, visuals and gameplay. Can't wait for them to release Tokyo zones. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Yg5i5g1rfZE
  • sado2020sado2020 Member Posts: 112
    I concur ^_^

Playing: TSW, D&D NW, Defiance (more the tv show than game >.> ) LotRO, DCUO

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

It's a very good game,the ambiance (sp?) the real world settings,clothing options,skill wheel,active and passive skills and the quest's/mission's are what stand out to me.

Some people can't get past the combat animation's and I think that's a real shame.The game isn't perfect,but it stand's at the top of my list of mmo's since Rift.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000
    I did not like it at first but it is growing on me since giving it a second chance last month.
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

I want to get into this game but yeah its hard to get into this game .

I know I would probably love it if I knew wtf I was doing .

Shame really .

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by Grailer

I know I would probably love it if I knew wtf I was doing .

This thread might be helpful:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=66643

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Many people find TSW brilliant game. For me personally it was GOTY 2012. If you want to help more, spread the word and get your friends into playing
  • jabhamanojabhamano Member Posts: 22
    is there any way to get some free trial access to this game ? 
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by jabhamano

Its like $20 buy to play. You really couldn't get a better deal.

As to the OP, yeah its a fun game. Just lacks staying power for me (already done all the hard modes and maxed out a character), but I pop in from time to time (good thing it is B2P) to do a few quests in the neat world they have created. Combat is a bit of a let down, but the quests and world are amazing.  

Was definitely worth the money I paid though.

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491
    Originally posted by jabhamano

yea, go here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/356621/Please-Post-All-TSW-Buddy-Key-Requests-Here.html

and post that you would like a buddy key, include your email.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    yea, you only wish you'd be able to create chars as "beatiful" as in the renders ingame.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• eapenstereapenster Member Posts: 5

you can create beautiful charecters in secret world its a matter of tweeking and taste :-) .  i hated the game when ii played it abt

6 months ago. now i love the game to bits . seems you need to give it some time to grow on you . as its more simple than it seems once you get a hang of it .

hope they do good and make the game much better :-)